Do You Like Living Alone?

Actually he isn’t awesome. My first realtor said that the house had not increased since we had a appraisal in April for 370. Turns out that because there’s only a few weeks worth of homes in the market and we live in a sought after area houses like mine are selling for 420.

When his dad’s loan fell through and I was going to put it on the market because it’s in my name only and I didn’t have to share the equity with him even though I did he threatened to hire a lawyer to stop the sale, prevent me from evicting my ex and jam me up so we would both have to live there together as long as possible. Because of his inheritance he has more money than us. So co-signing the loan is a smart financial move for him. He will be on the deed and told his dad if he misses payments he will throw him out and sell the house. Now he is being nice to me again but once the house closes I am done with him. I was shocked and hurt.

Actually he isn’t awesome. My first realtor said that the house had not increased since we had a appraisal in April for 370. Turns out that because there’s only a few weeks worth of homes in the market and we live in a sought after area houses like mine are selling for 420.

When his dad’s loan fell through and I was going to put it on the market because it’s in my name only and I didn’t have to share the equity with him even though I did he threatened to hire a lawyer to stop the sale, prevent me from evicting my ex and jam me up so we would both have to live there together as long as possible. Because of his inheritance he has more money than us. So co-signing the loan is a smart financial move for him. He will be on the deed and told his dad if he misses payments he will throw him out and sell the house. Now he is being nice to me again but once the house closes I am done with him. I was shocked and hurt.

I'm sorry it happened in those circumstances, I thought he was just being nice to move things along. Strange that it's OK for him to throw out his Dad but not you! And it is your it your house to being with so you wouldn't be "throwing" out Dad. Shame on your ex for his reckless behavior that triggered all this bad karma. Give it some time the SS just lost his Mom and now has to deal with wacky Dad on his own. Maybe time will help your relationship.

When all is said and done the SS did make the moves to let move on with your life.

Last edited:
I don’t feel grateful at all towards him. Had I put it on the market the end of December like I wanted to it would have sold in a day and I would be moved out by now. Plus I lost 50k by letting him buy it. He was yelling at me and was nasty. I was shocked and am done.

I don’t feel grateful at all towards him. Had I put it on the market the end of December like I wanted to it would have sold in a day and I would be moved out by now. He was yelling at me and was nasty. I was shocked and am done.

I'm sorry that the fallout continues, your new beginning is right around the corner.

It’s weird but he came over for my advice yesterday about remodeling his mom’s house and asked me to come over for opinions. I went and we were nice to each other and since he was raised by a dysfunctional mom I think that he doesn’t feel a need to apologize and that everything is fine. However, I am deeply hurt and don’t want to be part of any drama once I am moved out.

It’s weird but he came over for my advice yesterday about remodeling his mom’s house and asked me to come over for opinions. I went and we were nice to each other and since he was raised by a dysfunctional mom I think that he doesn’t feel a need to apologize and that everything is fine. However, I am deeply hurt and don’t want to be part of any drama once I am moved out.

Wonder if his asking you for opinions about the remodel is his way of apologizing, a round-about way of saying "I do respect you and I'm sorry."

It may be. Once I move if he wants to get together I will but he needs to take the initiative. He is 32 and I will leave the ball in his court. I have been a part of his life since he was 8.

I wouldn’t buy in a building without a elevator. It’s a secure building which was a must have. First time I bought one it was on the first floor. It was fine until the senior above me died and someone young moved in. I have one of the few condos with a view of the mountains and courtyard at the opposite end from the pool. Also my 373 HOA fee really does cover all my utilities except for lights and sewer. It even covers A/C which is centralized like the heat.

Heh, heh, make that TWO elevators. Our bldg. does have two and it has been really good since one is bound to go down (Whoops! I should say cease functioning) from time to time. Friends of ours who lived on the 7th floor of their building lost their only elevator for about 6 weeks. When we visited, we hung around the pool to picnic - and use the bathroom. No 7 floors for us. YMMV

K, that’s funny! One elevator is not enough and ours have 2 also.

When I was working in the UK, we rented a flat on the top of a 6-story building. Although the building was nice and in an excellent location, there was just one little elevator, which broke down while our stuff was being moved in. Made a very poor impression on our movers - who had to drag the rest of our belongings up the stairs - and an even worse one on the other residents, most of whom were elderly, and blamed us for the (considerable) inconvenience.

Heh, heh, make that TWO elevators. Our bldg. does have two and it has been really good since one is bound to go down (Whoops! I should say cease functioning) from time to time. Friends of ours who lived on the 7th floor of their building lost their only elevator for about 6 weeks. When we visited, we hung around the pool to picnic - and use the bathroom. No 7 floors for us. YMMV

Ivinsfan, I was in one bad mood yesterday. I really appreciate your support and others on this forum.

Ivinsfan, I was in one bad mood yesterday. I really appreciate your support and others on this forum.

You got this TT, not every day can be a good day right now, we get that:flowers:

TT, unfortunately even an amicable divorce comes with its share of drama (especially when third parties butt in). It took a year of living out of a suitcase in temp housing before I could move into my new place after the divorce and it was such a joy to settle into my new quarters. I hope that you'll feel the same when you finally move into your new condo.

Wow fired that’s a long time. It’s weird living with someone you divorced. We are being nice but I really need my own space to process which is a month away.

A lot has happened in the past 10 days. The condo I bought advertised all utilities included and after I made the offer I asked my realtor to confirm. The association fee was 600/month but even listed cable. It turns out that basically it wasn’t true and the agent relied on the client and didn’t check it. Unfortunately between the inspection and documents requested by the mortgage company I was out 700 for a condo that I refused to buy. I could take the owner to small claims court but don’t feel up to it.

Not legal advice, but if it was listed in the MLS by a listing agent, I would consider contacting the broker of said agent and getting the information for their E&O insurance. No court needed.

I do hope you can find fair winds and following seas soon....you have had a LOT on your plate recently.

Thanks Flyboy I really appreciate the tip.

Update on my situation. After 60 days and after having me jump through hoops like getting things notarized for closing the mortgage company did not give my ex the loan. 3 days later it was on the market. We had 4 offers in one weekend and took one 30k over asking. We had the inspection and it found possible electrical issues and someone had dug out a partial basement and there’s concern it may have jeopardized the foundation. They paid top dollar for the house and didn’t expect this as well as can’t afford it. My condo sellers waited when my ex’s loan fell through and are expecting to close 4/20. So I am going to reduce the price of the house by the cost of repairs. If the entire house needs to be re-wired and foundation fixed it could be 30k. Nothing about this house has gone smoothly.

Also I have been packed for months but now have been helping him clean out all his junk. He has difficulty making decisions about junk and it’s slowing down the process. We have filled a big trailer for the dump and will probably do it again. Tomorrow I am going to tell him that I am sorting his stuff to because the buyers won’t close unless his junk is gone when they do the walk through which is 4 days before closing. In addition all this junk is filthy having been in a shed, partial dirt basement of garage. I already have packed all his inside stuff. I have never worked so hard to get rid of someone in my life. I am exhausted and my entire body hurts. Ugh!

Last edited:
My condo sellers waited when my ex’s loan fell through and are expecting to close 3/20.

So, there’s still a chance you’ll be able to get the condo?

Did you mis-type the date? 3/20 is obviously past.

I’m so hopeful for you that you will be in that condo and starting your new life just as you envisioned.

Oh TT, all I can say hold on for a few more days, it will be worth it get your life and control of your life back.

It's after 3/20 so are the sellers of your condo still waiting for you...fingers and toes crossed both transactions can be done in the next little while..

The only comment I have about your ex is it sounds like a good call that you made him your ex.

It was a typo. I was supposed to close on 3/12 but they decided to wait if my house sold in a week so the new date is 4/20. Things could obviously be worse but nothing about selling it has gone easily. My stepson is refusing to help his dad even though my ex has been helping him remodel his house for months. He is also complaining to me that his dad wanted him to help and I didn’t even answer. I think he’s mad at me for divorcing his dad. My youngest son is coming home from Mexico to remodel my condo before I move in. I should have asked him to come and help with the junk but I thought my stepson would help.

It was a typo. I was supposed to close on 3/12 but they decided to wait if my house sold in a week so the new date is 4/20. Things could obviously be worse but nothing about selling it has gone easily. My stepson is refusing to help his dad even though my ex has been helping him remodel his house for months. He is also complaining to me that his dad wanted him to help and I didn’t even answer. I think he’s mad at me for divorcing his dad. My youngest son is coming home from Mexico to remodel my condo before I move in. I should have asked him to come and help with the junk but I thought my stepson would help.

It's 3 weeks then, but I know you can do it...

On the plus side I had a moving sale with the help of 2 friends. Had enough stuff to fill 2 patios and half of the grass and almost everything sold. I priced things cheap to go and it worked. I also made 500. We had a cement mixer and I could have sold 10 of them. Interesting what are hot items. I am just worn out emotionally and physically. Really looking forward to having my son with me on the 14th.

On the plus side I had a moving sale with the help of 2 friends. Had enough stuff to fill 2 patios and half of the grass and almost everything sold. I priced things cheap to go and it worked. I also made 500. We had a cement mixer and I could have sold 10 of them. Interesting what are hot items. I am just worn out emotionally and physically. Really looking forward to having my son with me on the 14th.

Log off now and have a nice warm bath and go to bed!!:flowers:

Every night is one night closer to freedom!

Back
Top Bottom