Men Height and Weight

I'm 5' 10" and ~182 pounds. That said, I also have 10% bodyfat and wear a 31.5" waist.

The gym is a wonderful place.

Wow, nice build.

I’m 5’-9” and 172 lbs. I would like to get down to 160-165. A year ago I got back into bike riding and I’m at 25-30 miles per week. I love it and would like to get in 60-75+ per week but fighting to find the time. One more thing to look forward to when I quit the rat race.

Ok, I break the mold at 5'9" and 145 lb....been same weight for last 20 years and I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. Eat like crap and don't excercise much either...probably be the first one to meet the maker of all of us. Could use another 10 pounds but it'll never happen.

I'm 5' 9" too. 155 lbs. I'm a runner, around 25 miles/week.

spark0506 said:
A year ago I got back into bike riding and I’m at 25-30 miles per week. I love it and would like to get in 60-75+ per week but fighting to find the time. One more thing to look forward to when I quit the rat race.
spark - have you considered biking to work? That's how I get my "miles per week" (my roundtrip commute is 13 miles).

d said:
... these numbers would, by the way, be better reported as body-mass-indexes ...

I have to disagree with that. BMI doesn't take into account your build type or muscle mass, so I don't see how it can be accurate.

I'm 6'5" and if I remember correctly, my BMI should be around 160-170lbs... yeah, whatever....

Yup, BMI is nothing more than a fancy height/weight ratio. It works well for people who are couch potatoes, but for those who are physically fit it is irrelevant.

BMI doesn't take into account your build type or muscle mass ...
neither does a simple reporting of height and weight, but it remains the standard method of converting those two numbers into a single metric.

lets-retire said:
Yup, BMI is nothing more than a fancy height/weight ratio. It works well for people who are couch potatoes, but for those who are physically fit it is irrelevant.

Bodyfat might be a good measure.

Bodyfat might be a good measure.
... yes, if it could be readily, easily, and consistently measured

Are we having a contest here?

Ha

I'm 4' 10", 295lbs and have a waist of 28". I'm rock solid. ;)

Hmmm

34" waist - before dinner - Walmart suspender's after - rock who:confused:

heh heh heh heh heh - no cigarette's for a month and a half - seven lbs heavier - strange off hour visits to Subway, Chinese and Mexican Buffett's along with snack attacks.

unclemick2 said:
heh heh heh heh heh - no cigarette's for a month and a half - seven lbs heavier - strange off hour visits to Subway, Chinese and Mexican Buffett's along with snack attacks.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I quit about 20 years ago. Damn hard, but more than worth it. I ate so many carrots that I turned orange. You'll dump the weight later. Or you can be "pleasingly plump" for the ladies.

unclemick2 said:
strange off hour visits to Subway, Chinese and Mexican Buffett's along with snack attacks.

I have said often that I cannot resist a bargain but $5.99 buffets are body killers.

kjpliny said:
Ok, I break the mold at 5'9" and 145 lb....been same weight for last 20 years and I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. Eat like crap and don't excercise much either...probably be the first one to meet the maker of all of us. Could use another 10 pounds but it'll never happen.

Same size here. No change in about 30 years, except I did gain 12-15 lbs.
during my second marriage (man, that woman could cook!) :)
Dropped it quick when I went back to eating my own cookin'.
No regular exercise program although I stay pretty active and I watch
what I eat. I was way overweight around 160.
Back to fighting trim. :)

JG

6'3", 245 pounds..........I have gained 15 pounds in the last 4 years........:(

Doctor told me ideally I should lose FIFTY pounds.............. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think she's playing Jedi mind tricks with me...........cuz I worked out last night................... :LOL:

6' 7" 270 need to lose a few lb's. For my height I like to be around 240-245.......Shredder

5'9" 155 lbs.

I've stayed pretty close to that weight all my adult life.

Back
Top Bottom