RIP Kramer the Corgi

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Kramer 8/25/2003- 8/05/2014

Kramer passed away Tuesday after a brief illness. He was born to a litter of 3 girls and 2 boys and he was adopted by his loving humans at 6 weeks of age.

Kramer loved to spend his days sleeping and scratching. His early career of chasing squirrels was cut short when he realized that Corgis have extremely short legs and a long body and he knew his dreams of being drafted by the NSL would never be realized. He became quite the foodie and spent his days watching the refrigerator, his version of the Food Network and announcing the daily arrival of the mailman.

Kramer leaves behind his soul brothers Tubby and Tailgate, along with his brother from another mother, George the cat. Kramer seemed proud of his heritage, being the only purebred in the family. The rest are either rescue mutts or the rescued cat. But he loved them all equally.

Services are pending at God’s Creatures Crematorium. His ashes will be scattered at a later date. He was a good dog. We will miss him.

Attachments

• Kramer 8-25-2003 - 8-5-2014 copy.jpg
    Kramer 8-25-2003 - 8-5-2014 copy.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Kramer is a fine looking pooch. Sorry for your loss, I know you'll miss him a lot.

Kramer 8/25/2003- 8/25/2014

Kramer passed away Tuesday after a brief illness. He was born to a litter of 3 girls and 2 boys and he was adopted by his loving humans at 6 weeks of age.

Kramer loved to spend his days sleeping and scratching. His early career of chasing squirrels was cut short when he realized that Corgis have extremely short legs and a long body and he knew his dreams of being drafted by the NSL would never be realized. He became quite the foodie and spent his days watching the refrigerator, his version of the Food Network and announcing the daily arrival of the mailman.

Kramer leaves behind his soul brothers Tubby and Tailgate, along with his brother from another mother, George the cat. Kramer seemed proud of his heritage, being the only purebred in the family. The rest are either rescue mutts or the rescued cat. But he loved them all equally.

Services are pending at God’s Creatures Crematorium. His ashes will be scattered at a later date. He was a good dog. We will miss him.

A lovely dog. It must be difficult to say goodbye. Date of passing is in the future!

Nice pic of Kramer. Sorry for your loss - always tough to lose our fur kids. Sounds like Kramer had a great life with you.

Sorry for your loss. It's tough losing our beloved animal friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Awww...what a lovely write-up of Kramer... He sure was a fine fellow and a lucky one to have stolen your heart.

+1 on the "obit"...great read.

I am sorry about your loss. We have 4 critters running around and although they can be quite annoying at times, I dread the day when we lose them...getting choked up just thinking about it. :(

Marvelous obituary. I believe that was one lucky dog. We've recently had a pet loss, and I can just now talk about it without blubbering.

When you aren't quite so sad, check out the Rainbow Bridge:
https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Took me a couple of months before I could read it this time.

Condolences from "Champ" & his Humans

Our sympathies to you. We've lost two Corgis and still have our third "Champ" who brings us endless joy. Time and your other fur children will help heal the loss.

Champ wanted to send his personal regards to Kramer.

View attachment 19571

Last edited:
What a nice looking dog. Sorry for your loss.

Dogs, they never live long enough. I feel your loss.

It's kind of a cruel thing...to get so attached to something that we know won't be around forever. I've always liked the temperament of Corgis and they look pretty neat too...might be our next companion.

RIP Kramer

Tailgate; know that Kramer had a happy and safe life, and that you'll see him again someday. It's a hard thing, to say good bye to a trusted friend.

thanks all for kind words and support... sure is quiet around here this morning...strange how the other dogs seem to know they've lost their friend.

Here's a pic of Kramer (baring it all) and his litter mate at about 2 weeks old and a single pic of his baby brother.. pretty damn cute as pups...

Attachments

• Kramer baby 1.jpg
    Kramer baby 1.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Kramer baby.jpg
    Kramer baby.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 8
God, is there nothing cuter than puppies? He was adorable!

From another herding dog aficionado, my sincere condolences on the loss of your Corgi.
They are great, cheerful, fun, and affectionate little dogs--and I know yours must have been a stellar example of the breed.

RIP Kramer.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be. He was blessed to have you as a skin-parent and I hope you always have the fondest of memories of him.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tailgate. DH and I have kitties and it is so painful when it's time to say goodbye. 3 years since we lost our last two and I still tear up when I think of them.

RIP Kramer

My deepest sympathies for your loss. We know how hard it is to say goodbye

We were Corgi owners too and enjoyed our little guy Elfie for 13 years. I'm choking up just thinking about him.

My condolences to you. Wonderful Obit that you wrote above.

I know the loss. Best dog I ever spent time with passed in 1965. Still have his collar in a drawer.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kramer was a handsome dog, and obviously very well-loved. Your "obit" for him was absolutely charming.

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

As others have said, that was a really nice obituary for Kramer.

Back
Top Bottom