Poll:What is the most you've ever spent on a pair of shoes ?

what is the most you've ever spent on a pair of shoes ?

• Less than $50

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • $50 - 100

Votes: 43 26.9%
  • $100 - 200

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • $200 - 300

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • $300 - 400

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • $400 - 500

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • $500 - 600

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Over $600

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
Allen Edmunds were mentioned earlier -- fabulous shoes! My feet are the same size as their salesmen's samples, and I used to live a reasonable drive from their factory outlet in Port Washington, WI. I have half a dozen pairs, none of which cost me more than $70. My favorites would be the indestructible sharkskin loafers, which have been resoled twice; resoling ran around $80 last time I did that, so that's probably the most I've spent.

Usually buy NB tenny-runners, spending $50 or so. Have some dressy leather shoes in the $100-$200 range, but they will likely last for years, since they only get occasional use.

It was somewhere around $150 for a nice pair of Allen Edmunds... but I only shop their annual tent sales when they are half off.

People have been lining up for them for many decades. You may even be thinking of his father, who started the business back in Bavaria and moved to the USA in 1925. His son does it now and has been in the White Mountains area of New Hampshire since 1950.

There's a business like that in Wisconsin -- Russell Moccasin. Every once in awhile I toy with the idea of buying a pair of their custom-made field boots, but the $400-plus price tag always kills my desire.

I like Clarks too -- the lasts are wide, which fit my feet. Their durability seems to have fallen off a bit, though.

Awhile back I was on a buy-American kick and special-ordered a pair of Minnesota-made Red Wing plain-toe oxfords. They cost $130 and feel like lead. They'll probably last forever, but they are not comfortable shoes.

I frequently purchase shoes on Zappos.com. I wear 9 Narrow. Very difficult to get narrow width shoes locally. The shoe Mecca in Pittsburgh is a place called Little's in Squirrel Hill. It is a once or twice a year destination for me when I pass through on my way to a play, a movie, or the Carnegie Museum. I remember shopping there with my parents when I was a kid. My Mom, my sister and I all wore narrow sizes. Dad went food shopping I think while we browsed for shoes.

Like W2R, I swear by my Birkenstocks with genuine leather uppers. Usually I can get them on sale in the off-season (or a discontinued style) for just under $100. I can wear them 9 months a year here and usually buy a new pair each year to look nice (such as for church). The older pairs move down the line - my oldest now lives in the RV so I always have a pair there.

I did get a pair of Naot clogs last winter for the 3 months that it's too cold for Birkies. Also got them on sale, just about $100.

My new "best shoes ever" are made by "Ecco"….expensive...but then I was fortunate enough to cross paths
with a distributor who offered me a special discount code that I used on a couple pairs….less than half price…
about $125 a pair…been wearing them for the last 2+ years….not sure what I will do after these do not pass muster...

I once forgot to pack any socks while traveling on a business trip and the only store I could walk to was Nordstroms. I ended up buying a pair of Ecco dress shoes on sale for about $100. Best shoes I ever owned. When I find shoes I really like, I buy several pair (light brown, dark brown, black). I did get another pair of Ecco s from Nordstrom online, but they were not as comfortable. I think the most I ever spent on any shoes was about $150.

I've been pretty happy with Rockport brand shoes, which are known for their comfort and cost around $100 per pair. For athletic shoes, I pay $50 - $100 on average. If I try to go cheaper than $50 a pair, I usually have pain trying to wear the shoes.

I haven't hit the $75 mark yet. Three years ago I worked a show for 5 - 10 hours days on my feet with no break and bought a pair of Nunn Bush gels at Sears for about $60. Still wearing them for high usage shows. Walking 4-6 hours a week I cycle through NB or Nikes at $50 a pair until I'm putting duct tape in the heels. I guess I don't have fussy feet.
I've also been known to walk 3.4 miles wearing flip flops in Key West after a night of discovery.

Back
Top Bottom