Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, I just hit the "Share" button, which copies it into my clipboard.

Then I paste it here.

Wordle 223 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 224 5/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Tough one today

http://Wordle 224 3/6
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜��
����������

My 3rd time playing. 2 3s and 1 5. Playing hard mode too, because I thought you had to. Will continue.

Too dumb to figure out how to get the images to transfer here though. How do you do it?

4 today. Streak at 13 so far.

A four. I finally got a yellow, just one. I've been on this weird streak of all greens, by luck. Also, since my second guess started with the first two letters, it is easier to think of words. It always seems harder to me if your guesses end up randomly in the middle.

Wordle 224 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

man that row of gray for row 1... then I got lucky with row 2:

Wordle 224 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

streak is now 28

On the method of starting with yesterday's word - yes, that adds a level of difficulty, but I think it's literally a level. That is, you start with yesterday's word, and depending on the results, you move to your usual initial or second starting word. From what I can tell, this will generally add one additional guess to your usual total, so you finish one guess behind what you would have if you just used your starting word. But the strategy would be the same, correct?

On the method of starting with yesterday's word - yes, that adds a level of difficulty, but I think it's literally a level. That is, you start with yesterday's word, and depending on the results, you move to your usual initial or second starting word. From what I can tell, this will generally add one additional guess to your usual total, so you finish one guess behind what you would have if you just used your starting word. But the strategy would be the same, correct?

If you also turn on hard mode (which I do), your second guess may not be permissible.

For example, let's say your usual starting word is "DUMBO" (it probably isn't) and yesterday's answer was WATER (it wasn't). If you have hard mode turned on and guess WATER as your first guess today, and the T and E end up being yellow letters, then hard mode will not permit you to try DUMBO as your second guess because it does not contain T or E.

If you also turn on hard mode (which I do), your second guess may not be permissible.

For example, let's say your usual starting word is "DUMBO" (it probably isn't) and yesterday's answer was WATER (it wasn't). If you have hard mode turned on and guess WATER as your first guess today, and the T and E end up being yellow letters, then hard mode will not permit you to try DUMBO as your second guess because it does not contain T or E.

Yes, I see that, but I have 2 great starting words that incorporate all the vowels and allow for good variation in consonants, and I'm confident that, again generally that I could pick up from most carryover words and get to today's word in one more try. Guess I should try it and see, but I just started and right now am stuck on getting to final word in fewest tries :)

Yes, I see that, but I have 2 great starting words that incorporate all the vowels and allow for good variation in consonants, and I'm confident that, again generally that I could pick up from most carryover words and get to today's word in one more try. Guess I should try it and see, but I just started and right now am stuck on getting to final word in fewest tries :)

I see that there are two related but different statements that could be made:

1. Starting with yesterday's word and using hard mode would on average only add one guess.
2. Starting with yesterday's word and using hard mode would on average only add one guess because you could just use yesterday's word as your first guess then go back to whatever word you actually wanted to start with.

I think we both agree that the first is true and the second is not.

Good luck on your quest today! :)

For me the bloom is off the rose a bit. I have gotten the word every day so far, most often in four tries. My strategy is dialed in and obviously works well. So I find the game too easy and having a low skill cap as my videogame offspring would say (meaning there's nothing more to learn or do better).

Also, I don't really find any interest in sharing my Wordle results or seeing others' results. In fact, sort of the opposite - seeing others' results or knowing the word is hard or easy is additional information that I'd prefer not to play with as it generally makes the game easier (if the word is easy), or more stressful (if the word is known to be hard then I might not get it until 5 or 6).

I may even skip today. Presumably that doesn't end my win streak statistic in the game.

Wordle 224 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally got it in less than four. Lucky second guess based on the yellows in first. Only one other word I could think of for my third guess that used all the letters.

Uggh, my first 6.

I tried a bunch of what, in retrospect, were overly esoteric words. :facepalm:

Wordle 224 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Two days in a row. I need to buy a lottery ticket.

Wordle 224 3/6*

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think it does. I have never "lost," but my win streak is listed as 13, and my total wins is 15. I skipped a day early on.
Skip a day and you lose it. Confirmed. I was busy 2 days ago and my streak reset.

Wordle 224 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally got it in less than four. Lucky second guess based on the yellows in first. Only one other word I could think of for my third guess that used all the letters.
You did well going from 2 hits to 5! I had 4 and still guessed the wrong one!

Wordle 224 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited:
I agree for the most part. It doesn't add a full guess, because you may hit a letter or two using the previous day's word, so it wouldn't be a wasted guess. And even if you hit no letters, you've eliminated 5 letters (less if there was a double), which has some value. Anyway, I've stopped doing that and have gone back to trying to get the word in the fewest guesses. I'm still using hard mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom