Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is weird. One letter shows up in one place as green, a second as yellow, and a third place as gray. How is that possible? Haven't solved it yet...

Does this help? Let's say the word is STARS. If you guess SISSY, my understanding is that the first S would be green, the second S would be yellow, and the third S in "sissy" would be gray.

Wordle 240 4/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to bring out the big guns (DW, all 5 feet of her) to get this after my 3rd try.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :flowers:

Does this help? Let's say the word is STARS. If you guess SISSY, my understanding is that the first S would be green, the second S would be yellow, and the third S in "sissy" would be gray.

Someone else PM'd me the same. That makes sense. Still haven't solved it. Have the last two letters in place and a third in the wrong place. Eliminated a lot of others. Blaming Covid brain...

Wordle 240 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜��
⬜⬜⬜��⬜
⬜����⬜��
����������

Tried using the google documents to get the colored diagram, but I get a message about "not all fonts loaded, retry" and reloading just gave me the same message. Nothing would paste in the document using Ctrl-V.

Someone else PM'd me the same. That makes sense. Still haven't solved it. Have the last two letters in place and a third in the wrong place. Eliminated a lot of others. Blaming Covid brain...

Finally got it on the last try. The rules are not entirely clear...

Wordle 241 5/6

[emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟨[emoji833]
[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟨🟨[emoji833]🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Had to think hard on this one!

Confirmed. The words are getting harder.

Wordle 241 4/6*

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yep getting harder.
Got it in 6 today and had 1 of 2 choices for the last guess.

Took a chance and it paid off, versus trialing more letters on the third pass…

Wordle 241 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 241 4/6

🟩[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]
🟩[emoji834]🟩[emoji834][emoji834]
🟩[emoji834]🟩🟨[emoji834]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 241 4/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I did read somewhere that the words are the same, and didn't change with the NYT switchover - ie, the same 25k words that are preprogrammed in the original stayed when it moved.

But yes this week has had some doozies...

Confirmed. The words are getting harder.
I collected the list before and after. The answers list was identical except 6 had been removed. But like they say "perception is reality"

Bogied mine today (all 4 starter words before the guess)

Wordle 241 5/6

��⬜⬜⬜��
��⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
����������

Last edited:
I just checked, and it's been exactly the same answer list up until today.
Of the remaining 5, all in the answers list, one was a UK vs US spelling difference. Two, I couldn't figure out why at all, and two I thought might be overly PC, but I guess better safe than sorry.
One of the two, would have been today's word and another would have happened in a few days from today, but neither of those words will become the word of the day, as they've been taken out. The best I can figure, it is something to keep the NYT and original sites in sync during the cutover, but it could be they thought they were "too hard" and people would imagine that the NYT was "making it harder". Imagine anyone thinking THAT!

original position: 239 nyt position: 239
original position: 240 nyt position: 240
original position: 241 nyt position: agora
<< Blanked out on the off-chance someone is still on the original site
original position: 242 nyt position: 241 today!!
original position: 243 nyt position: 242
original position: 244 nyt position: 243
original position: 245 nyt position: pupal << Blanked out on the off-chance someone is still on the original site
original position: 246 nyt position: 244
original position: 247 nyt position: 245

Another thing I noticed is that no changes happened in last portion of the list (the final 83%); all of the changes were in words coming up nearer in the future. This suggest to me that the review committee (or whatever) got through to mid 2022 and stopped, figuring they'd be able to freely update the list later.

By the way, one might conclude that I'm getting a peek at future answers when doing this analysis. While I could easily see tomorrow's answer, for instance, I'm not actually looking at the words. The program "knows" where the arrays are stored and I never look at the list myself.

Last edited:
Wordle 241 3/6

[emoji833][emoji833]🟨[emoji833]🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨[emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’ll take this as a good omen for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom