What We're Making

Very nice! I've seen some kitchen butcher block countertops where they just oiled them. Probably needs a lot of maintenance.

Yeah, she didn't want much maintenance and I went with 3 coats of ArmRSeal and lots of silicone under sink and backsplash meetup.

Oil is maybe good for the retired, old school chefs out there. Not me. I'd consider it in a weekender cabin.

My Aunt lives in assisted living and is having problems getting into her small floor level fridge. She uses a walker and can’t get things out of the lower shelves in the fridge. So I made her a pedestal for the fridge. Just need to add some poly.

Attachments

• B2751E66-7DA6-4BA5-846A-51B02ACF0D05.jpeg
    B2751E66-7DA6-4BA5-846A-51B02ACF0D05.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
I think corrugated roofing is way underrated. I love to incorporate this as a very easy and not crazy expensive way to build. Nice work...

Thanks. While I bought the plans from Y-tuber Ana White, I did a lot of tweaking to make it somewhat airtight and not drafty. The corrugated roofing is sold with some other accessories to help with construction. It took 3 days with DW's help, but the inside work is taking forever. Permanent 33" shelves on south and east side, right side is storage for tiller, mower, spreader, snow blower, chipper, spreader, and some lawn/garden tools. Trying to declutter the garage.

Thanks. While I bought the plans from Y-tuber Ana White, I did a lot of tweaking to make it somewhat airtight and not drafty. The corrugated roofing is sold with some other accessories to help with construction. It took 3 days with DW's help, but the inside work is taking forever. Permanent 33" shelves on south and east side, right side is storage for tiller, mower, spreader, snow blower, chipper, spreader, and some lawn/garden tools. Trying to declutter the garage.

She (Anna) has some good content. Sometimes simple, but usually pretty well made stuff.

Speaking on Ana White: Tiny house I built inspired by Anna White.

This is little bit late but I started building a tiny house about a year or so ago. Finally came around and released the vblog series. Here is the first episode of many more to come:
https://youtu.be/Y69lgxC4x-Y

Last edited:
Man, beautiful builds once again from all of you. I enjoy the projects and skills and creativity from all of you.

This started out in the BTD 2022 thread, just a continuing repurposing of an old desk given to us.
The old hole was too small or the new machine too big, take your pick.
The old machine was short enough that the support shelf could hang right above the drawer bottom.
Not this one, I had to plunge cut a big hole in the drawer.
PXL-20221231-190522521.jpg

I got the support structure built and installed. It's 0.125" low as shown. I have some luan skin to go zero or 0.25 ply to go a little high.
The bottom is some 15mm BB from the kitchen job, the sides are 12mm marine ply. It's glued and finish nailed together and hung to the desk with screws.
PXL-20230101-194452189.jpg

Cut the corner off for fishing in the cords
PXL-20230101-194507383.jpg

The drawer still functions as a pencil tray. I blocked it off with a little what-have-ya from the barrel of shorts. It opens no further due to the shelf.
PXL-20230101-194517315.jpg

I'll cut a cardboard pattern for the insert that goes around the arm of the machine.
The last insert was 1/4" overlay. This next one is some prefinished MDF core cabinet door insert.
PXL-20230101-194546598.jpg
Update I finally got the insert cut for this machine. I had a piece of 1/4" cherry plywood for shaker doors that I made 10 years ago. I made a cardboard template and then took it to a friend who had a scroll saw. I have nothing that fine around here to work with.

PXL-20230220-015228747.jpg

DD's MIL had a big insurance claim I'm working on. She didn't want to spring the bucks for a swing out susan in the corner lower cabinet, so I did an access tray for her... I'll have lots of other stuff eventually.

Used some cabinet jack's for the uppers and they worked perfectly. Dem suckers were heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_142844872_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230220_142844872_HDR.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230215_171202230_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230215_171202230_HDR.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
That really does look good. With your workmanship and talents, you would never be without work. One could make six figures doing that type of work on a part time basis.

Looks great hope to see the finished product.

DD's MIL had a big insurance claim I'm working on. She didn't want to spring the bucks for a swing out susan in the corner lower cabinet, so I did an access tray for her... I'll have lots of other stuff eventually.

Used some cabinet jack's for the uppers and they worked perfectly. Dem suckers were heavy.

Those top shelves against the ceiling look pretty high. Ladder time to fill and pull stuff! Nice looking work though.

That really does look good. With your workmanship and talents, you would never be without work. One could make six figures doing that type of work on a part time basis.

Looks great hope to see the finished product.

Yeah, kinda there if I got more work, but I don't want any more... We do a lot of travel and local help, so backing out that extra time, six figures is very doable with a relatively small amount of expense. Once your name is out in the community, you will be as busy as you want.

Those top shelves against the ceiling look pretty high. Ladder time to fill and pull stuff! Nice looking work though.

Yep, those are 42" uppers which is what people are looking for instead of the old fashioned fur downs.

Good place for paper towels and bulk items.

Yeah, kinda there if I got more work, but I don't want any more... We do a lot of travel and local help, so backing out that extra time, six figures is very doable with a relatively small amount of expense. Once your name is out in the community, you will be as busy as you want.

I don't blame you for not wanting more work. Someone that has the drive and talent could do very well in that type of business.

You have won the game and realize your time in more valuable than the extra money. When it becomes work than it won't be fun anymore.

Thanks

Surewhitey I have a little busman's holiday for you if you want to see Washington this summer. Nice work.

I don't blame you for not wanting more work. Someone that has the drive and talent could do very well in that type of business.

You have won the game and realize your time in more valuable than the extra money. When it becomes work than it won't be fun anymore.

Thanks

It can be hard work, but I call it paid workouts... Sometimes I get ambitious and then I remember that I don't have to do everything.

Surewhitey I have a little busman's holiday for you if you want to see Washington this summer. Nice work.

I do get to work on mom's & sis's house and write off the expenses... Gotta use all the allowances they give you. If there's free room & board, I'm in...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom