Summer Sounds

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I put this in health because there's nothing more relaxing than this! It seems it's Russian, not sure of the language but the best ever!

I hit my head on concrete yesterday. Did not die of a brain bleed last night. I have full memory of the stupid event. Trying to get on my bike with the wrong leg. I started searching for something to calm me down. Enjoy! Almost 15M views.

Hope you feel better, Pay Attention ;-))))))))))))))))

Eagles to fledge soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice video. How do you know the birds are chirping in Russian? Do they have an accent?
:cool:

I put this in health because there's nothing more relaxing than this! It seems it's Russian, not sure of the language but the best ever!

I like hearing the crows caw, and woodpeckers work for their breakfast.

The fur-kid and I wake up just after 5 AM each day and head out for his morning discharge. Once back inside, I open a few windows and listen to the birds during my morning quiet time.

Nice!
The sounds of the wild, is an amazing thing and always enjoy it. I have been doing a project at the ranch where there is a lot of trees and I'm along a river. The sounds are incredible beautiful.
I stopped work often and just listen to the birds and wildlife and try to take it all in.

I love to hear the red tailed hawk and always stretch my neck to try to find where it is in the sky.

The birds are singly constantly in the woods near the farm house, and occasionally some tree frogs croak along.

My absolute favorite is the Wood Thrush. Thrushes have stunningly beautiful voices.

And then there is the comical “song” of the yellow breasted chat, the percussive song of the indigo bunting, the pretty complex songs of the orchard oriole, blue-grosbeak, and house finch. The mysterious clicking of the yellow-billed cuckoo, the crazy chatter of the barn swallows, the haunting call of the red-tailed hawk soaring overhead.

And that’s just a few of the sounds we are enjoying every day! Much of our birding is by ear.

There's a small apartment building being erected across from us.....ah, the sound of jack hammers, huge cement trucks backing up, cranes, (no, not the birds)......summer's truly here!

We don't have the babbling brook, but we have lots of birds singing in the forest that surrounds us. I wish I knew the birds the calls belong to, but I still enjoy sitting in a chair outside, closing my eyes, breathing in the fresh air, and listening to all the different sounds of nature. That's one of the things that has made the COVID isolation a lot more tolerable for us. With solitude like this, who wants to go to town?

It has been warm enough to sleep with the window open the last few nights, and we've loved hearing the frogs and crickets as we go to bed each night.

The deer in our area just had new babies, so we get to see the little ones jumping around playfully in our yard. Occasionally, the baby fawn will sneak off into the brush to take a nap and mom will wander off somewhere. When the fawn wakes up it runs around the yard making little squeaking noises to call out for mom. So cute.

We get the occasional woodpecker during the summer, and owls call out during the night in the fall. I just told my wife last night it's funny how we always hear the mourning doves on the property across the road from us, but they never come over to our property.

We usually see a few rabbits in the yard each spring, but this year they never came around. Not sure why. We also don't see the raccoons much anymore, since we stopped putting food out once our cat was gone. :)

We don't have the babbling brook, but we have lots of birds singing in the forest that surrounds us. I wish I knew the birds the calls belong to, but I still enjoy sitting in a chair outside, closing my eyes, breathing in the fresh air, and listening to all the different sounds of nature. That's one of the things that has made the COVID isolation a lot more tolerable for us. With solitude like this, who wants to go to town?

It has been warm enough to sleep with the window open the last few nights, and we've loved hearing the frogs and crickets as we go to bed each night.

The deer in our area just had new babies, so we get to see the little ones jumping around playfully in our yard. Occasionally, the baby fawn will sneak off into the brush to take a nap and mom will wander off somewhere. When the fawn wakes up it runs around the yard making little squeaking noises to call out for mom. So cute.

We get the occasional woodpecker during the summer, and owls call out during the night in the fall. I just told my wife last night it's funny how we always hear the mourning doves on the property across the road from us, but they never come over to our property.

We usually see a few rabbits in the yard each spring, but this year they never came around. Not sure why. We also don't see the raccoons much anymore, since we stopped putting food out once our cat was gone. :)
Oh Gosh, how lovely! The simple pleasures of nature. I just submitted a letter to our local newspaper titled "Nature is Essential." One silver lining in all this mess.

We live in a very quiet place right next to several million acres of wilderness. Right now they're running some cattle down there, you can hear them in the distance towards dusk. The birds are awesome now, we have a neighborhood crow, Bernie, who is multilingual.

The seasonal creeks behind the house have stopped running, I love hearing them in the spring, more snow = more creek. Last year there was a den of red fox in the neighborhood but I have not seen any reds this year. Only a beautiful grey. I have not seen a bear since last year, I'm not sure what noise a bear generally makes, but I know the sound I make for them!. Coyotes are mouthy during their mating season.

The deer here drop their fawns in a little dry creek by the road, three years I've caught new borns weakly standing by momma getting their first nursing. It's always been right about fourth of July.

It's still cool at night, generally dropping into the 40°s, a nice experience when mother nature calls at 3AM, burrrr..

Last edited:
The birds are singly constantly in the woods near the farm house, and occasionally some tree frogs croak along.

My absolute favorite is the Wood Thrush. Thrushes have stunningly beautiful voices.

And then there is the comical “song” of the yellow breasted chat, the percussive song of the indigo bunting, the pretty complex songs of the orchard oriole, blue-grosbeak, and house finch. The mysterious clicking of the yellow-billed cuckoo, the crazy chatter of the barn swallows, the haunting call of the red-tailed hawk soaring overhead.

And that’s just a few of the sounds we are enjoying every day! Much of our birding is by ear.
Yes, they have one of a kind voice. I like them also!

I hear so many different sounds I have no idea what bird they are. I do recognize some species but don't have a clue on many.

There's a small apartment building being erected across from us.....ah, the sound of jack hammers, huge cement trucks backing up, cranes, (no, not the birds)......summer's truly here!

And around here we have the sounds back of the wave of the Huge Pickup Truck's roar of it's dual exhaust driven by young cowboys, the hydraulic cylinder noise of the Western Waste garbage truck as it hoists your trash can to dump the contents into its cavernous mouth, the roar of sports car engines as they race away from the traffic lights, and the siren sounds of the Emergency Vehicles as they head for one of the three hospitals a mile from us.

This is all new to us again since the "Lockdown" when we had only the sounds of the birds and the distant chatting of neighbors walking these empty streets.

It's great to be back to normal!

Nice video. Hope you feel better.

This 5 minute video I found a few months ago is a compilation over time of wildlife using a log bridge to cross a stream. I found it interesting to watch and a bit soothing also.

Last edited:
I guess the bear was on split shifts?

Superb vid!

Very Nice!

Another sound of spring and summer is the wild turkey early morning or evenings. The gobbling and the hens feeding in the fields. Very interesting sounds, how the hens have their tea party. Lol

Yes, they have one of a kind voice. I like them also!

I hear so many different sounds I have no idea what bird they are. I do recognize some species but don't have a clue on many.

I highly recommend bird song CDs for a given region. Stoke’s Guides and Geoffrey Keller CDs are very good.

Nice video. Hope you feel better.

This 5 minute video I found a few months ago is a compilation over time of wildlife using a log bridge to cross a stream. I found it interesting to watch and a bit soothing also.

Love that video. Thanks!

We located 'Episode 1':

Amazingly, a pair of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks showed up this morning, here at the farm in Central GA.

This is a very common large tree duck in South Texas, and apart rapidly expanding north from their Florida range.

Went down to the point over SJNF this morning. We've been hearing more cow sounds from the canyon and today we finally saw the cows. First an adult then two calves came into view, soon there was a dozen.

We listened to them and there were two crows arguing back and forth from a distance. Soon all hell broke loose in crow town and then there was a dozen, all POed at something. We didn't know if the cows were upsetting the crows. I expected to see one or more hawks but there were none. There's a trail on the other side of the canyon and my guess is someone/thing was doing something the crows didn't like. Funny birds.

Back
Top Bottom