how to carry cell phone

Mine is in my purse, but yeah, most guys don't want to carry a man-bag for some reason. I think they should! Purses are so convenient and a manly guy can pull it off with no questions about his masculinity.

Yep, it's a possibles bag. If Davy Crockett can carry a bag, it should be ok for anybody. :)

crockett1.jpg

Since I rarely see anyone not staring continuously at their smartphone, I wonder if this is a serious question. Nobody puts it away anymore so why would you need a place to carry it? :cool:

Sorry but can't go with the belt clip idea. However if you have a degree in engineering, computer science or math you can have a waiver.

Whew, glad I get a waiver. :cool:

Do we also get a waiver for cargo shorts, since I alternate between the belt clip and the big pockets?

Since I rarely see anyone not staring continuously at their smartphone, I wonder if this is a serious question. Nobody puts it away anymore so why would you need a place to carry it? :cool:

Your post got me thinking...where is my phone? Any calls/texts get forwarded to my email and that's usually how I see that someone is contacting me. I have noticed that these days, I usually leave the house WITHOUT my phone. I have to say, it's kinda nice not being attached to it.

OK...guess I will go see if I can find it. I *might* need it one of these days. :D

You put it in your stylish fanny pack, of course. You do wear one, right?

I have a Motorola G4 Play... it has a 5" screen and fits comfortably in my left front pants pocket.

I initially had a G4 which was 5 1/2 inch and it didn't fit comfortably in my pocket so DW got that one and I got the slightly smaller G4 Play... that 1/2" made a big difference.

In the car or bicycle goes on Quadlock, otherwise (unless I decide to stand on my head) goes in my pocket.

Yep, it's a possibles bag. If Davy Crockett can carry a bag, it should be ok for anybody. :)
There you go! Davy Crockett surely was a very manly sort of fellow. :D

"Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee, Killed him a b'ar, when he was only three..." Now that legend just leaves no doubt about it!

Cargo pants, eh? I hear these days they are called "purse pants" :D

They are very helpful for carrying...well, almost anything.

They are called "Dad" pants. And for a reason. Don't be caught wearing 'Dad" pants.

Don’t get one of the big smartphones. I have an iPhone 6s and it fits in my pants pockets. According to the specs it’s 5-1/2 inches by a little over 2-1/2 inches. I think most brands have a similar size option.
Same here. Also, if your cell is b_tt calling or clicking on unwanted data/links close the so called "door" by pressing that side button. It sounds like a door closing. Every time I'm done on cell I click that. No more ventures into places I did not want to visit.

You can probably find a friend who has an old, unused phone he can try to find out whether it's going to be a big deal to carry it in his pocket. I go front pocket with shorts. Sometimes back pocket with jeans.

" What do men do in this case ? "

A few continue to use the shirt pocket, have an otterbox or similar rubber phone protector, have the phone fall out of shirt pocket and hit the pavement daily .

No phone damage so far, still tempting fate . ;)

My iPhone X fits fine in the front pockets of my jeans.

If you do this, you want to make sure you don't encase the phone in a giant (rubberlike) case. I used the slim leather case and it's fine.

I always carry my (largest made, good for weak vision) iPhone screen-in, top-down in the front right pocket of my jeans or other pants. To prevent scratches NOTHING else is stashed in that pocket. I don't use a case or screen protector. Fortunately, I haven't yet been clumsy over a hard surface.

I've used that pocket for phones for years and have not dropped a phone, but I don't do headstands or other contorted positions. I've rarely dialed accidentally, and then only when I've returned the phone to my pocket without putting it to sleep.

edit: Upside down is so that I can use "raise to wake."

Last edited:
Thanks, all. Appreciate the helpful information - and the humor!

mpeirce - would you please provide a link to the leather case you're talking about? My husband is interested in the iPhone XS. Thanks.

"My iPhone X fits fine in the front pockets of my jeans.

If you do this, you want to make sure you don't encase the phone in a giant (rubberlike) case. I used the slim leather case and it's fine."

I don’t want to take this thread off track but Apple is widely expected to drop support for iPhone 6 later this year. The older smaller screen models are less popular. They will still work but without updates new apps may not be compatible.

Carry it in my front left pants pocket. It is a Samsung Galaxy Amp, so it is not one of the very large screen smartphones.

They are called "Dad" pants. And for a reason. Don't be caught wearing 'Dad" pants.

Shrug. So I wear dad pants, sometimes use a phone case on my belt, and sometimes wear Crocs (different styles). When I was working, I always wore pleated pants and loafers with tassels.

And sometimes I drive the Miata.

Doesn't bother my wife at all, so it's all good.

Last edited:

mpeirce - would you please provide a link to the leather case you're talking about? My husband is interested in the iPhone XS. Thanks.

"My iPhone X fits fine in the front pockets of my jeans.

If you do this, you want to make sure you don't encase the phone in a giant (rubberlike) case. I used the slim leather case and it's fine."

I have this case. Very slim and easy to fit into pants pockets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010MVJNTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pixel 2XL. Right front pocket, screen facing my thigh. When I pull it out I place the tip of my index finger on the fingerprint sensor so by the time I've got it out of my pocket it's unlocked and ready to go.

I understand the problem with shallow pockets. I make sure any pants or shorts I buy now have deep enough pockets for my phone. I even have some Docker shorts that have a dedicated phone pocket, which is really nice.

I have the "iPhone X Leather Case - Black", here's the equivalent one for the iPhone XS:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MVFQ2ZM/A/

I used to go caseless - I like'd the slimness and how easily it slide into my pocket. But given that the iPhone X and XS have glass on both the front and back, I decided to add the leather case to avoid cracking it. It only adds a little thickness and slides into my pocket easily.

Of course it’s good to buy pants with nice size pockets, but let’s not forget a tailor. You can have some pockets sewn in for a few bucks. It’s not like that’s a difficult alteration. One thing I always liked about dress/work cloths was that they were tailored. They fit me just the way I wanted them too.

Back
Top Bottom