What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

LOL... I have to do this....

The WORLD SERIES :dance: :LOL:

"Creature" on Netflix - it's an 8 episode limited series, inspired by the Frankenstein story but a totally original take. It's a Turkish production set in Ottoman era Istanbul. Not great, but I enjoyed it.

The "Bodies" on Netflix is the strangest show I have ever watched. Strange in a good way, however. I didn't have a clue to what was happening nor did I, at the end, know what took place. It is a time-travel story that switches between four different times (1890, 1941, 2023, & 2053) randomly and without warning.

When a dead body appears in the streets of London, it seems like business as usual for the detective working the case. Unbeknownst to her, that very same victim shows up in the very same spot across three other points in time: in 1890, during the Victorian era; 1941, some of Britain’s darkest days of World War II; and 30 years in the future. As the investigations converge, they reveal a sinister conspiracy that threatens London.

What made me watch every episode was the great acting and the multiple interesting side stories. However, I wish I had these two articles before I watched it and may have to watch it again.

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/bodies-release-date-news

And if you want the end explained before you start:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/artic...DAaz29yStk6ZmJhNKOqItjstsjyAz38QYZwGc=.WwbqJa

The "Bodies" on Netflix is the strangest show I have ever watched. Strange in a good way, however. I didn't have a clue to what was happening nor did I, at the end, know what took place. It is a time-travel story that switches between four different times (1890, 1941, 2023, & 2053) randomly and without warning.

When a dead body appears in the streets of London, it seems like business as usual for the detective working the case. Unbeknownst to her, that very same victim shows up in the very same spot across three other points in time: in 1890, during the Victorian era; 1941, some of Britain’s darkest days of World War II; and 30 years in the future. As the investigations converge, they reveal a sinister conspiracy that threatens London.

What made me watch every episode was the great acting and the multiple interesting side stories. However, I wish I had these two articles before I watched it and may have to watch it again.

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/bodies-release-date-news

And if you want the end explained before you start:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/artic...DAaz29yStk6ZmJhNKOqItjstsjyAz38QYZwGc=.WwbqJa

I watched it and liked it. Pretty confusing, but I figured out most of it.

Watched "The Undeclared War". A fictional depiction of what REALLY could happen in the next Election. Makes one wonder.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 on Peacock. This is why you don’t try to extend a successful movie franchise years later. The original was popular and beloved. #2 was enjoyable. This one is almost unwatchable and not saved by the settings in Greece!

We are watching The Night Manager, based on a novel by David Cornwell :)coolsmiley:). Each episode is more gripping than the previous one. Stellar cast: Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, and others.
In general, the screen adaptations of Le Carre's books are outstanding, and, IMO, better than the books. I very much enjoyed both versions of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (the older TV version stars Alec Guinness as George Smiley) and also The Spy Who Came In from the Cold.

Yeah, it’s super well done, quite gripping.

A newer Tinker Tailor with Benedict Cumberbatch and Gary Oldman as George Smiley was also very done.

I’m watching “Fall of the House of Usher” on Netflix. So far I’ve seen 5 episodes, with 3 to go, but this is one I’ll see through to the end. Poe is among my favorite authors and I really like this series.

It is based on the Poe short story of the same name and other Poe works (Telltale Heart). It is gruesome and not for the faint of heart, but I think it does a very good job of capturing Poe.

Great, I’ll look for that!

Started "Bodies" per this thread, thanks for the heads up. Interesting so far ..... love the spinal implant available in 2053.

Episode 6 of the Fraser reboot, "Blind Date", was excellent. Finally, a script that deftly mixes intelligent jokes, misunderstandings, improvisation, and slapstick into a hilarious situation.

The Devil's Hour with Jessica Raine and Peter Capaldi (my favorite Doctor; David Tennant is a close second). Great show, especially the final episode, although I think everything wasn't quite explained.

We are watching The Night Manager, based on a novel by David Cornwell :)coolsmiley:). Each episode is more gripping than the previous one. Stellar cast: Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, and others.
In general, the screen adaptations of Le Carre's books are outstanding, and, IMO, better than the books. I very much enjoyed both versions of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (the older TV version stars Alec Guinness as George Smiley) and also The Spy Who Came In from the Cold.

I just finished watching The Night Manager last night. Gripping is an excellent way to describe it!

Yes we both enjoyed ep. 6 of Frasier. Hopefully they're getting their groove going.
We're also enjoying watching Heartland on BYU.tv but may be available elsewhere. Good clean fun show.

We're also enjoying watching Heartland on BYU.tv but may be available elsewhere. Good clean fun show.
I started watching Heartland from the beginning a couple years ago and got caught up to the current season recently. It's available on Peacock, Roku, and Tubi through season 14 or 15. CBC is showing the current season 17 weekly if you are in Canada for access. CW channel is broadcasting season 16 episodes once a week on Sundays.

I knew of the Heartland TV series and had never planned to watch, but I had caught the Christmas movie "A Heartland Christmas" originally because I thought it was just some standalone Christmas movie. It's not part of the regular season, and I liked it, despite having never seen the series. Then I later found it was based on the Heartland series, so I started watching it from season 1 and never stopped.

The Christmas movie fits in the middle of season 4.

Last edited:
We have been busy watching a lot since cutting the cord, they kept our attention for all episodes:

Black Mirror - Season 6
Full Monte the Series - Season 1
The Equalizer - Season 3
One Lane Bridge - Season 3
Shadow & Bone - Season 2
The Ark - Season 1
The Great - Season 3
Vera - Season 12
We Hunt Together - Season 1
Wheel of Time - Season 1
The Watch - Season 1
The Last of Us - Season 1
Six Four - Season 1

To name a few.
I read Shadow and Bone is being canceled by Netflix. So no season 3. I never watched it.

I just watched the first part (4 episodes)of The Crown on Netflix. This series continues to be so well done and compelling and deserving of the awards and accolades it has received.

This part dealing with Diana, after her divorce from Prince Charles and leading up to her death (not a spoiler) shows the adoration and attention she continued to receive as she tried to move on with her life. I would recommend this short series to watch (maybe over the Thanksgiving weekend) for anyone interested in Diana or the Royal family. The depiction of some of the Royals may be surprising to many.
The final episodes of the season and the series are due to be released on Dec.14.

Picked up the Hulu deal again at a dollar less per month.

Also added MAX @ $2.99/month for 6 months.

What should I watch there before canceling at end of promo?

Picked up the Hulu deal again at a dollar less per month.

Also added MAX @ $2.99/month for 6 months.

What should I watch there before canceling at end of promo?

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is one of their top shows.

On Max, the most popular shows of the last couple of years have been Succession and White Lotus. Of course they’re also known for Sopranos and Game of Thrones.

There are better ones on Max. Just do some searches and read some info on them to find what you are most likely to enjoy watching.

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is one of their top shows.

We just finished Season 2, and it’s a good show. If you’ve never watched it, The Americans (Russian spies masquerading as an American couple in the early 80s) is also a great watch.

Back
Top Bottom