Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from a week away, hit the grocery store on my way home and couldn't remember how much I had. Didn't matter since the shelves were empty. Got home and was happy to see 2 unopened 6 pack mega rolls. I'm set for awhile.

better question is what will you use if you run out?

Cutting back on the food we eat will reduce the demand for toilet paper. And many waistlines (including mine) would benefit from it. : )

We have an unopened 12-pack plus a few extra in each bathroom...and that's really low for us. I usually buy the 36 or 48 roll mega-packs, and when we're down to a little less than half the pack I'll try buy another, because I HATE making a run for the store for something specific, and I do like having that flexibility of spreading out our bulky and heavy purchases, so we usually don't get kitty litter, paper towels, or toilet paper in the same run unless we're really desperate!

But my spouse made the last grocery run solo, and we had been low on toilet paper, so they only managed a 12-pack...and lots of chips, cookies, and soda! <rolls eyes>

I actually had all my TP before this became a topic. My mother, who recently passed away, always had a huge stock of necessaries packed away in her basement storeroom in case she got sick and couldn't go to the store. Having been through Katrina, I adopted the practice. I don't consider that I have hoarded. We are in this together so hoarding is OUT.

SHARING is IN.

Our kids live a block away and we can supply them and others.

Just got back from Walmart. People were leaving with TP, 20 roll Scott! I went in, empty shelves. Maybe next time.

Wonder if the Florida stand your ground law will intersect with the developing TP shortage issue?;)

I'm really impressed.
Maybe you work and actually "go" at work, if so you should really count that in your usage, because that is how it will be if quarantined.

Perhaps you also have a bidet ?

Maybe you only eat meat ?

Whatever it is, I'm really impressed. :flowers:

I have only gone at work a couple times in 20 years. I almost never "go" away from home. No bidet. I legit thought it was normal for a roll or tp to last a couple weeks rather than a day or two for one person.

Well, typically, you're sitting.

We have been buying the giant pack of TP from Costco for many years whenever we run low on it. We have 4 toilets and hate the thought of ever running out. Didn't need to stock up for the potential virus self-quarantine since we had bought a pack before the "sh*t hit the fan".

Talked to my 83 yo Mom, she said "what the hell is the problem with you people? Has no one heard of cloth diapers? Use a rag and wash it!"

I felt stupid.

Talked to my 83 yo Mom, she said "what the hell is the problem with you people? Has no one heard of cloth diapers? Use a rag and wash it!"

I felt stupid.

The young wife and I were just recalling that from our youth. Yes, toilet paper is nice, but not indispensable.

Yes, toilet paper is nice, but not indispensable.

This was our fall back idea too......although I think we might have phrased it differently. :)

The laundry can't even get a small splatter of cooking oil off my shirts. No way I'm using rags and washing them. My wiping needs can get pretty extreme. I think I'm slightly lactose intolerant but I won't cut out milk, and I recently increased vegetables in my diet. If I resorted to cloth I'd make it one use only.

And I'm hairy there.

The laundry can't even get a small splatter of cooking oil off my shirts. No way I'm using rags and washing them. My wiping needs can get pretty extreme. I think I'm slightly lactose intolerant but I won't cut out milk, and I recently increased vegetables in my diet. If I resorted to cloth I'd make it one use only.

And I'm hairy there.

There's always duct tape first, then you can use the cloth rag no problem. As My Mom mentioned, people lived without throw away diapers for years. It can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom