Learning more about finance

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In my copious free time, I'd like to learn more about economics, finance, investing, etc.

I see all y'all talking about CAPE ratio, Shiller P/E, Yield Curve, VIX, etc. and while I look these up on Investopedia as I see them, I think I'd like to take a class. I've read many, many personal finance and retirement planning books, but I'd like to dig a little deeper.

Assuming colleges will reopen in the Fall, I could audit a class at a local institution, but what would I take? Would it be an economics class?

And in the interim, does anyone know of anything online, whether free or moderately priced, that would help me add to the little I already know?

Thanks in advance. :popcorn:

The public radio show Marketplace is doing an online economics class including a free online textbook right now

Marketplace

Hit the green "Econ Extra Credit" button at the top of the page to access it. I haven't been taking it as I had enough econ when I got my MBA but the radio discussions have been very good.

I'm sure there are free college economics and business classes on some of the online learning platforms (Coursera and EdX are two big ones).

I highly recommend searching the numerous podcasts and the free classes on iTunes U. There are many great lessons available for listening to free at home.
YouTube is also a great source for videos.

Back
Top Bottom