Baseball 2020

I'm concerned the bunt, intentional walk, intentional walk strategy will get stale.

You may be right. If it does end up being lame, at least there’ll only be 60 games worth of it to put up with. I assume they’ll revert back to “normal” extra innings for the playoffs?

Since extra innings starts with a runner on second base, I'd think this will lead to some intentional walks and bunting.

Runner on second, next batter Mike Trout (or some other supperstar). Time to intentionally walk him. How exciting (note the sarcasm)!

A piece on CNBC today about renting apartments with views of stadiums. That would be a nice perk!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/23/mlb-opening-day-fans-watch-from-luxury-rentals-near-stadiums.html

We're a bit too frugal to rent an entire apartment, so we are thinking of going to the rooftop bar on the Marriott that looks down into Petco Park during a game. This year's schedule is so screwy and unbalanced that our team (the Giants) doesn't come to town until September, and I don't have a lot of confidence that everyone will stay healthy enough to still be playing by then, so we'll have to wait and see.

With the silly new rules in baseball, I may just throw out my Yankee and Astro shirts and license plate frames. I've been a loyal fan since the late 1950's and it's about over.

With the previous steroid abuses, the cheating Astros, etc, I have about had it. :(

me as well. but my belived Cubs were taken off OTA TV as well as ComCast. they are now on their own exclusive streaming service which i refuse to purchase. and now on top of that the kneeling thing. i may switch to goldfish races.

I believe the Sat game against the Brewers is on regular TV on FOX :D.

Plus, just read that their new channel struck a deal with Comcast (to be announced Friday morning) -- it's about time!

Cubs president of business operations Crane Kenney said back in May that a deal between Marquee Sports Network and Comcast’s Xfinity service would be finalized as soon as baseball returned and it appears as though he will be proven correct. Multiple sources have told Cubs Insider that the Cubs’ exclusive television broadcast partner has indeed inked a carriage agreement with Chicago’s largest cable provider, ending a months-long stalemate that threatened to leave nearly half the fans in the area without access to televised games.

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/07...twork-comcast-finally-agree-to-carriage-deal/

Last edited:
I used to follow MLB fanatically, from the time I was collecting baseball cards and playing Little League until a few years ago. For whatever reason, I've lost interest in following the sport all that closely (the same goes for all major sports). Kind of sad to lose a connection to my childhood.
Feel similar. I just want to watch a game & not see/hear whatever agendas exist beyond that. That's why enjoy grandkids sports so much more.

I'm going to watch the start of the first game tonight (in about 30 mins) just to see for myself how this is going to work. Probably won't watch more than the first few innings since it conflicts with the NASCAR race tonight.

Neither baseball or NASCAR is "what it once was" but it's beats watching more covid coverage.

Last edited:
The playoffs pretty much started.

MLB rule change that over half the teams will be in the playoffs.

So this is how the season starts... Fauci really needs to flatten that curve. :LOL:

N6PBB8H.gif

Last edited:
stros looked great last night - looks like we have everyone back but for the pitcher that went to the dark side - nice and quiet too so we can really hear that trash can bang

stros looked great last night - looks like we have everyone back but for the pitcher that went to the dark side - nice and quiet too so we can really hear that trash can bang

They put a silencer on it and it's now wireless to the player's cell phones! :D

They put a silencer on it and it's now wireless to the player's cell phones! :D
I thought they were using face masks to send signals from the dugout. A full mask means the catcher just signaled a fast ball is coming, a mask over just the mouth and not the nose means a slider was signaled, a mask around the neck means a curve is on the way and a mask hanging from one ear means I have no idea what that idiot just signaled.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom