Chase Ultimate Rewards Points

I was looking to make some hotel reservations using the Chase Ultimate Rewards site.

While the price they gave was 'competitive' with most booking sites, it was not good enough. I found another site that had the exact same room for $30 a night less. There is one catch. To get a full refund, I have to cancel two days before arrival instead of one day. I would lose one nights charges if I miss the two day cancellation. I think the total saving for my stay is worth the risk.

I still like the card for the trip insurance and primary auto rental. And the ability to move points to an airline or hotel chain. But, a savings of nearly $200 total is hard to pass up.

Last edited:
I was looking to make some hotel reservations using the Chase Ultimate Rewards site.

While the price they gave was 'competitive' with most booking sites, it was not good enough. I found another site that had the exact same room for $30 a night less. There is one catch. To get a full refund, I have to cancel two days before arrival instead of one day. I would lose one nights charges if I miss the two day cancellation. I think the total saving for my stay is worth the risk.

I still like the card for the trip insurance and primary auto rental. And the ability to move points to an airline or hotel chain. But, a savings of nearly $200 total is hard to pass up.

You could have booked 1 night via the Chase Ultimate Rewards site , thereby getting the $50 rebate , and then booked the remaining nights at the other site for the $30 less per night.

That way you could also cancel 1 day prior to using the remaining nights when you cancelled the 1 day Chase Ultimate Rewards site booking.

:popcorn:

I was not able to use the $50 a year Chase travel benefit until 2022. That’s when my annual renewal took place and it first hit my account.

I did recently use the $50 benefit when I booked a one night hotel stay on a road trip. That cuts my annual fee approximately in half. So I just may keep the card.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom