Do people gain money from Facebook pages?

Zolitoo

Dryer sheet wannabe
I am wondering about some Facebook pages those post just some pics, quotes, videos....etc pages which is not related to brand or public figure...

What do those people gain from these pages even if they reached million of likes?

Ads? For sure not because if someone wants to make an advertisement for anything he can create a page for free for his product and it will be more effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do a search on "'Like' Farming".

You can start a page called "Yummy recipes" and post delectable, cholesterol-laden, diabetic-coma-inducing recipes every day and add, "Be sure to post this on your timeline..." I have friends who comply with great regularity. They do not appreciate it when I look up the nutritional info and post it. (Reese's peanut butter pie: one-sixth of one has 1,441 calories and 87 grams of fat. :eek: )

When your page gets hugely popular, FB takes notice and you can reap revenue from banner ads. That's when it becomes marketable to others, who can buy it and completely change the content if they want.

I sigh every time I see silly contests, "Please repost this if you love your grandchildren", "Here's a smile for you this morning"., ad nauseum.

Do a search on "'Like' Farming".

You can start a page called "Yummy recipes" and post delectable, cholesterol-laden, diabetic-coma-inducing recipes every day and add, "Be sure to post this on your timeline..." I have friends who comply with great regularity. They do not appreciate it when I look up the nutritional info and post it. (Reese's peanut butter pie: one-sixth of one has 1,441 calories and 87 grams of fat. :eek: )

When your page gets hugely popular, FB takes notice and you can reap revenue from banner ads. That's when it becomes marketable to others, who can buy it and completely change the content if they want.

I sigh every time I see silly contests, "Please repost this if you love your grandchildren", "Here's a smile for you this morning"., ad nauseum.

Didn't understand exactly your point, how can I reap revenue from banner ads, I think it is something completely belongs and paid to Facebook. Or you mean something else by "banner ads"

The second point that if the page became very popular, it may be sold to someone with a good amount of money, but not anyone will pay tens of thousands for a Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, I garbled it a bit there. This article is an example of an explanation.

On Facebook, click 'like' can help scammers - CNN.com

The money comes from selling the page after it's become hugely popular, so the new owner can strip it and change it from "Please re-post this if you love small, fuzzy animals" to "Miracle weight loss formula!!!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom