Earworms du jour

That's only an earworm because it's so good.

As for Todd Rundgren, I agree that there is something about his voice that makes it earworm-friendly. I saw him perform once in Chicago to the accompaniment of an 8-track tape.

I like novelty songs, and here's one Rundgren and his group The Nazz did as a takeoff on Archie Bell & The Drells' "Tighten Up." Kind of an anti-earworm -- maybe it'll drive Todd away.
DW and I like to play "Loosen Up" every now and then for laughs. I can't not smile when they mention the home of the tunafish hoagie.

As for Todd, he is like physical therapy. Some of it is soothing. Some of it is painful. Sometimes I have to just turn it off. But all of it is something I'm glad I listened to, maybe a day or two later.

After the recent Prine-fest here, This song started popping into my head every time I'm watching TV and all the talking heads have their properly places little flag pins on their left lapel. In this version, John explains the source of the song.

I woke up this morning with this one running through my head. Linda Gail Lewis, BTW, is Jerry Lee's little sister.

While we're in Jericho:

When I was in Jericho...the walls had fallen down.

Steve Earle was supposed to perform in a local venue this spring but it was canceled. I'll have to get some tickets for his return visit, whenever that is. I love the photos that accompanied that song.

Just out of the blue this evening something starts playing in my head! I hadn’t heard this in years, certainly hadn’t played it today I had to think for a while listening in my head to even remember that it was The Police! I’m not sure I’ve ever had this happen before.

Just out of the blue this evening something starts playing in my head! I hadn’t heard this in years, certainly hadn’t played it today I had to think for a while listening in my head to even remember that it was The Police! I’m not sure I’ve ever had this happen before.

That's memorable music. I've always enjoyed Andy Summers' work, with and without The Police.

The film "Joker" should provide plenty of fodder with it's award winning music score.
I'm thinking of the climactic scene where Joaquin Phoenix is dancing down the stairs to "Rock & Roll part 2" (hey song).

I had no idea that Summers won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance for “Behind My Camel” in 1980!

Here's a video from an album Summers did with Robert Fripp in 1982, while Summers was still with The Police.

Covid & Travel Restrictions....can't shake this one:

Last edited:
Completely annoying, but I've had "Found a Peanut Just Now" in my head for several days. I wonder how many remember this, although I dare you to play it as it is a really obnoxious ear worm:

Completely annoying, but I've had "Found a Peanut Just Now" in my head for several days. I wonder how many remember this, although I dare you to play it as it is a really obnoxious ear worm:
Crap, I just zoomed back to 2nd grade. Feels like the Twilight Zone.

This one has been playing in my head for quite some time now...

Well, not music, but this guy was very influential to me when I got "saved" in a Free Will Baptist Church in North Carolina. The pastor's name was Robert E Lee:

Again, not an earworm per se, but on a workout CD it's in my ears and oftentimes pertinent:

"Now sometimes I move real easy
Sometimes I can't catch my breath
Sometimes I see my father's footsteps
And man it scares me half to death"

Again, not an earworm per se, but on a workout CD it's in my ears and oftentimes pertinent:

"Now sometimes I move real easy
Sometimes I can't catch my breath
Sometimes I see my father's footsteps
And man it scares me half to death"

Speaking of earworms, we learned this one as kids. It was funny then, less funny now.

Back
Top Bottom