How Often Do You Shower?

At least once a day - after my jog or bike ride.
Again if I get hot and sweaty working outdoors.

My folks replaced their coal furnace with natural gas when I was 7. That meant they had reliable hot water, so my dad installed a shower. He always considered a hot shower a luxury.

I agree, it makes me feel like I'm living the good life.

I showered every morning while working. Now in ER, it's only as needed. But I usually shower and shave if I'm going out in public, and always after riding my bike or any other activity that involves dirt and sweat. I like to conserve water, so I try to plan my activities to avoid unneeded showers. Sometimes a couple laps in the pool will substitute for a shower after yard work. On average, I probably shower 4-5 times per week.

I love to take showers. It gives me fell good energy. I shower every evening, and during the day after any activity that makes me sweat or tired.

Each morning, and then sometimes in evening if I have been doing a lot of physical or dirty work. Morning shower to help wake me up!

I shower practically every day especially in the summer. I think getting away with not showering everyday is fine as long as you are keeping the specific parts that must be cleaned washed everyday. Just washing those specific parts without a daily shower is clearly preferable for people whose skin is easily irritated. Some people don't sweat a lot so even if they're sharing a bed with someone might be able to get away with not showering daily but cuddle and getting intimate without a shower or at least cleaning those specific parts, gross.

Raised by environmentalists, my routine all of my life has been once on the weekend and sponge baths in between and every night. I do shower more if I feel I need it due to particularly sweaty or dirty activities. I have never been a very sweaty or smelly person so this works for me.

Oops. I take a second shower midweek ever week as part of my routine. Shampoo twice a week.

Usually every day but if I have a day with nothing going on I might skip that one day.

Each morning, and then sometimes in evening if I have been doing a lot of physical or dirty work. Morning shower to help wake me up!

+1

Showers, showers, grasshopper don't need no stinkin showers.

Me, myself? I Can't believe a thread titled "How Often Do You Shower" has over 61 response. Jeez

Every single day.

Not only to wash off my dirt/stink, but to wash off the dirt/stink of the person next to me! There are some "funky" people walking around !!

I live in the southwest and have very dry skin and scalp although I use lots of good quality lotions and hair products. Not retired yet so I generally shower every workday although I have started to occasionally skip a day if I am just going to be in my office working on the computer. Otherwise I shower every other day when off work. I had always read that it was good for the skin and scalp to skip a day to let the oils replenish. Also that Americans tended to be overly finicky about cleanliness and showered too much.

Typically once a day - but there are times it's every other day... Especially if I showered late in the day one day, and don't do anything sweaty the next day...

Always shower after going to the beach and or going on power walks. Not always after going in pools.
Me too. I have heard that leaving bacteria on your skin can be good for you. So I always shower after a bike ride, or other strenuous activity, and I always shower before going out to special events, but I will skip a day here and there, including not shaving.

It was never that way when I w*rked so I consider a benefit of retirement. Plus DW has a super sensitive nose, so she always tells me if I am too earthy.

2 to 3 a day. Already had 2 today, 1 when I got up and 1 after taking down a tree.
One of my sisters will skip days. She thinks she doesn't smell because she's not doing anything strenuous but she does. I've told her she smells but she doesn't believe me cause I'm the only one telling her. Other sisters tell me she smells but won't tell her.

Last edited:
Wow, and I thought talking about money and net worth was such a private thing!

Well, what do I know, I'm just the new guy, ER'd only 6 months. :)

Wow, and I thought talking about money and net worth was such a private thing!

Wait up....the "How often do you pick your nose?" Poll is coming up soon. :LOL:

Full shower and hair wash - 3-4x per week

I am finding that a daily sponge bath (PTA method :LOL:) is sufficient for no-smell hygiene. My hair and skin are benefitting from getting away from the daily head to toe regimen.

Mr B hasn't complained, so it's all good. :D

Great thread BTW.

I was going to do one on clipping your toe nails.

++1

What's next? How often do you change your underwear?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

A minimum of once a day but sometimes twice a day. I can't sleep at night if I am sticky. I wear a fresh nightgown or p.j.'s daily, too. Good thing I have a pile of them although some of them are practically rags.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom