iPad IPhone bookmarks won’t stay in alpha sync

Maximus

Recycles dryer sheets
Have had my iPad and iPhone for years. I always keep my bookmarks in alpha sync. In the last week I have noticed that six of my bookmarks have left their alpha position and all now reside at the top of my bookmarks. This has resulted in six of my bookmarks appearing at the top of the list before I hit my first “A” bookmark.

I have reordered them numerous times on both the iPad and iPhone by alpha with the edit function. After dragging them to where they should be, in a matter of minutes the rogue gang of six leave their alpha position and head back to the top of the list. This is crazy. I even tried deleting and then adding them back. Same result. Google has been a dead end. Any ideas?

Called Apple support. They had no answer. Asked if Genius Bar could help if they could see the problem. Answer was the Genius guys may or may not. End of the line.. Just a small inconvenience. Will live with it.

Hi Sunset. Nope. Nothing there or hidden. I asked Apple support why they don’t have a tab in iOS for sorting bookmarks by alpha. No real answer, just don’t.

Success. In iCloud there was no option to deselect bookmarks but there was an option to deselect safari. Turned off safari on the iPad but left it on on the iPhone. I guess the sync attempt by iCloud was causing the issue. All bookmarks on both devices are now remaining in alpha.. Fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom