I've got Covid.... The thread for your covid experiences

We got it in September , called our pharmacist . She asked did we have a fever No …..asked if we had a hard time breathing no. She said get Coriciden night and day . A couple days all gone .

I dillydallied and did not get the latest booster and paid the price for it. I have had symptoms since Friday and tested positive a few hours ago. DW is also positive now.
It is kicking my butt.
Hope you feel better soon! Take good care of yourself. :(

DH and I went to an indoor wedding last weekend with 170 people in attendance. Guess what? My husband has covid as do 4 others we know who were at the wedding, ages range from 16 to 90yo. I'm sure there are more cases in people we didn't know who were there. I guess superspreader events are still a thing. I haven't gotten it yet but I will probably get it from DH. We both had it in June 2022, mild cases. He claims he is sicker this time but doesn't seem too bad, he ran a fever one day but mostly just coughing and body aches. We've had all the vaccinations except this last booster that we had been hesitant to get...maybe we should've.

Bummer!!

A few days ago we got back from a Europe trip. We masked up on public transportation including airplanes and airports, but otherwise not unless big crowds indoors. Weather was cold and mostly wet, so had to eat inside most of the time. This was the first time in years we ate indoors. Often managed to hit non peak times at restaurants but a couple times packed.

Biggest beef - the business class 777 did not have individual air nozzles above each seat. A woman sitting nearby was coughing almost non-stop during most of our return flight. Wished I had my own air flow.

No symptoms, but we’re going to test tomorrow - lots of old tests on hand. I’m hoping we dodged the bullet.

We did get the latest vax 2 weeks before our trip.

Last edited:
two weeks in and DW has pneumonia for a secondary infection. She's on a fistful of drugs and the good codeine cough syrup.

DW got Covid 15 days ago. Took Paxlovid and it worked well for her. She had her booster shot well before she came down with this. Maybe it helped but no silver bullet.

Now she has no real symptoms but is still testing positive on the home test :confused:. Looked it up and in rare cases one can test positive for 90 days. Not sure how to handle that.

I am learning all about kitchen duties :)

The vaccines do not necessarily prevent covid, but primarily help decrease hospitalization need.

DH had symptoms last week, he had a medical appt, wore his mask except when in the exam room and then forgot to put it on when leaving and was in a crowded elevator:facepalm:
Thankfully, serial testing every other day x3, and he is remaining negative, cough and sore throat were gone in 48 hours, so probably a cold.

I had Covid for about a minute earlier this year. Well, not really a minute but it was so short and mild, the symptoms were gone in a day or so. I've had colds which were MUCH worse. The at-home test showed the faintest of lines which indicated the level of infection I had was minimal. I followed up with a lab test which came back positive. I was fully vaccinated and boosted. I'm pretty sure that's why my case was so short and mild. I also took Paxlovid which may have helped as well.

Last edited:
DW got Covid 15 days ago. Took Paxlovid and it worked well for her. She had her booster shot well before she came down with this. Maybe it helped but no silver bullet.

Now she has no real symptoms but is still testing positive on the home test :confused:. Looked it up and in rare cases one can test positive for 90 days. Not sure how to handle that.

When I had covid in May after returning from Europe, I tested positive for almost 10 days even though by that time I was feeling few symptoms. I had boosted at the end of April and used Paxlovid which really knocked the symptoms down quickly for me. I suspect our immune systems vary quite a bit in how they rid the body of the virus.

I keep forgetting to get my booster. I’ve gotta get it done. Hearing of way too many COVID cases lately.

I keep forgetting to get my booster. I’ve gotta get it done. Hearing of way too many COVID cases lately.

Look no further than this thread. DW and I have been on it with all the vaccines until this last one. She is still paying the price for that, taking the steroids with all the nasty side effects to beat the follow-on pneumonia.

DH and I were boosted in early October, along with our flu shots. DH noticed he was clearing his throat more, so did a test and it was positive on October 26th. We immediately isolated him to our master suite and I brought him meals and snacks. DS lives with us and stayed in his room or basement office. DS and I are negative and well. DH got Paxlovid since because of age he is "high risk". He was 100% well in 36 hours.

A fellow flute player who tested positive for Covid. She showed up for rehearsal on day 5, the moment she could leave isolation but should remain masked until testing negative x2 or 10 days, whichever is first. I gently suggested she shouldn't be there and that I was uncomfortable so I would leave if she didn't. She got mad but left, later apologizing. There is a musician who sits 5 feet from her who is 8 months pregnant. There is a lot of information that people are ignoring, which is why I think there is an uptick.

My sister also has Covid. She's across the country and seems fairly ill. She was waiting for her Paxlovid Rx last night. BIL is unvaccinated and got Covid in 2021. I worry about him.

DH and I were boosted in early October, along with our flu shots. DH noticed he was clearing his throat more, so did a test and it was positive on October 26th. We immediately isolated him to our master suite and I brought him meals and snacks. DS lives with us and stayed in his room or basement office. DS and I are negative and well. DH got Paxlovid since because of age he is "high risk". He was 100% well in 36 hours.

A fellow flute player who tested positive for Covid. She showed up for rehearsal on day 5, the moment she could leave isolation but should remain masked until testing negative x2 or 10 days, whichever is first. I gently suggested she shouldn't be there and that I was uncomfortable so I would leave if she didn't. She got mad but left, later apologizing. There is a musician who sits 5 feet from her who is 8 months pregnant. There is a lot of information that people are ignoring, which is why I think there is an uptick.

My sister also has Covid. She's across the country and seems fairly ill. She was waiting for her Paxlovid Rx last night. BIL is unvaccinated and got Covid in 2021. I worry about him.

I've located our fans in selected areas (kitchen, long dining table, etc) and maybe that is helpful?

I'm avoiding going to group activities until DW tests negative even though I've been perfectly fine. Who know, I may be asymptomatic. But I can easily imagine people ignoring this stuff after several days. One has to buy test kits (not free anymore) and then go through the test carefully. Easier to just think of this as any old virus that one can ignore after symptoms disappear. Maybe that is the OK for many as they may not be truly contagious ... but really unclear to me.

We were sick in the UK and DW's test was negative. Being sick with some flu is no fun and we went on as we had no real choice in the matter. We were on a small group tour and had to return to London from Falmouth. That hotel's food in Falmouth was really awful. Miserable situation but we recovered and plunged into the crowds for the month of August. :facepalm:

When we got Covid on a trip, we had to get home. We couldn't even isolate in the small town we were in because all hotels were booked. We did our best to not spread it, but I'm sure we did -- along with the thousands of other coughers we heard at the airport.

However, when home, DW and I both waited until we tested negative (over a week for me). Then we wore masks another 7 days and only went out if absolutely necessary. We really tried to stop spreading it. That was essentially 14 days of isolation for me. We missed church events and told them it would be better if we stayed away.

Since then, recently Sunday church has become coughing church again. I don't like it.

DH is recovering. His cough is gone now just some lingering nasal congestion. He has not tested again..but will in a few days. I had a slight scratchy throat for a couple of days, but that seems to be gone now. I have tested 4 times, all negative. I'm wondering if I can go to my yoga class tomorrow, I will test again before I go.

I've located our fans in selected areas (kitchen, long dining table, etc) and maybe that is helpful?

I'm avoiding going to group activities until DW tests negative even though I've been perfectly fine. Who know, I may be asymptomatic. But I can easily imagine people ignoring this stuff after several days. One has to buy test kits (not free anymore) and then go through the test carefully. Easier to just think of this as any old virus that one can ignore after symptoms disappear. Maybe that is the OK for many as they may not be truly contagious ... but really unclear to me.

We were sick in the UK and DW's test was negative. Being sick with some flu is no fun and we went on as we had no real choice in the matter. We were on a small group tour and had to return to London from Falmouth. That hotel's food in Falmouth was really awful. Miserable situation but we recovered and plunged into the crowds for the month of August. :facepalm:

LSBcal, The government made test kits free as of September 2023 https://www.covid.gov/tests I received mine in October. Expiration date was July of 2023 but when you check the lot number on CDC it showed it was good until Feb. 2024.

LSBcal, The government made test kits free as of September 2023 https://www.covid.gov/tests I received mine in October. Expiration date was July of 2023 but when you check the lot number on CDC it showed it was good until Feb. 2024.

Right, but and we have made use of those but had to buy more. Not a problem for our wallets but some people don't want to go out and get them I would imagine. At CVS they were going for $24 for the Binax (2 tests). Lower on Amazon.

My point is that some people will have reduced symptoms and just not bother to get a final test OK. They will treat like most of us treat colds and flues.

I was boosted last month and still got it - miserable symptoms for two full weeks (although no need for hospitalization.) Took paxlovid. Lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, given I'm healthy, had the booster and took paxlovid.

(Despite my older age, my doc didn't even really want to prescribe Paxlovid - he said I would likely be fine without it, but I insisted.) I guess some docs are very conservative about prescribing it unless one has a pre-existing medical condition. I thought if you were over 50, that was already a reason.

She is infectious and should avoid contact with other people. Masking is important as well.

I was boosted last month and still got it - miserable symptoms for two full weeks (although no need for hospitalization.) Took paxlovid. Lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, given I'm healthy, had the booster and took paxlovid.

(Despite my older age, my doc didn't even really want to prescribe Paxlovid - he said I would likely be fine without it, but I insisted.) I guess some docs are very conservative about prescribing it unless one has a pre-existing medical condition. I thought if you were over 50, that was already a reason.

When I had it in early September 2023 my doctor would not provide Paxlovid either. I'm 63. I had a virtual visit on day 2 and she said she would call me daily to see how I'm doing and if I get worse she has up to day 5 to prescribe it. Her reasoning was that the current strain has shown to be much milder.

On day 3 I felt much better and by day 4 I was down to a minor cough. So it worked out fine not taking Paxlovid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom