My Friends are Dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still send out Christmas cards to family and close friends..... Yes, I know old school. Just twenty years ago I recall sending out ~50.... This weekend the DW finished getting them ready for this years mailing.... I just counted them since they are sitting on the dining room table.... Exactly 15 remaining or 70% fewer.:(

True, a few have dropped off our list (3 that I can think of) for other reasons but most are off the list because they have passed on...

That's a hell of a way to save on postage....

Last edited:
Wife gets infected, husband still goes into the office. Girl in office cancels her test at last minute fearing it will affect her family trip to Disney.
Speaking of Disney, I saw some pictures of the crowds over the weekend and I just shake my head. Supposedly, they are limiting crowds to 30% of capacity, but I don't know that's being enforced...because there were A LOT of people and social distancing seemed pretty impossible.

I feel so sorry for the healthcare workers that are in this fight. Whether "99% survive" is true or not, the fact is that hospitals and staff are overwhelmed and selfishness is the #1 cause of this. :mad:

I would like to add some perspective to the discussion. Stop and think about how many people you know...family, friends, friends of friends, coworkers, people at church, neighbors, classmates, etc. For most of us the total number of people we know is probably well into the hundreds. Now stop and think about how many of those died an early death. Let's say you know 200 people and you know 10 who died early, that's 5%. I'm sure as we age that percentage gets higher and higher, but let's keep it in context.

:)

Speaking of Disney, I saw some pictures of the crowds over the weekend and I just shake my head. Supposedly, they are limiting crowds to 30% of capacity, but I don't know that's being enforced...because there were A LOT of people and social distancing seemed pretty impossible.

I feel so sorry for the healthcare workers that are in this fight. Whether "99% survive" is true or not, the fact is that hospitals and staff are overwhelmed and selfishness is the #1 cause of this. :mad:

We have many friends with Disney yearly passes.
It is easy to guess before the discussion takes place, which ones are currently going and which ones don't.

That’s what upsets me. The hospital staff is risking their own health to care for far more patients than they normally would. They are risking exposure and exhaustion. Not good!

Sure we all die... But when you start adding it up, it's a good (or bad) reality check when you look at it on paper.

Sure we all die... .

Nobody mentioned that when I signed up for this gig.....in fact, come to think of it, I don't even recall signing......unless, of course, someone misinterpreted my infant finger wiggling as compliance and processed the paperwork without discussion.

Ah well, having come close to death with sepsis, and looking at many of those who've gone before me, if some of them can do it I'm sure I can.

Nobody mentioned that when I signed up for this gig.....in fact, come to think of it, I don't even recall signing......unless, of course, someone misinterpreted my infant finger wiggling as compliance and processed the paperwork without discussion.
Maybe it's in the fine print (addendum) on your birth certificate... Maybe signed by using your footprints!:LOL:

We still send out Christmas cards to family and close friends..... Yes, I know old school. Just twenty years ago I recall sending out ~50.... This weekend the DW finished getting them ready for this years mailing.... I just counted them since they are sitting on the dining room table.... Exactly 15 remaining or 70% fewer.:(

True, a few have dropped off our list (3 that I can think of) for other reasons but most are off the list because they have passed on...

That's a hell of a way to save on postage....

Indeed it is a hell of a way to save on postage. :(

The level that selfishness can rise to never ceases to amaze me. Healthcare workers are simply begging people to do the right thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom