NFL: 2021 Season

I just can't wait to see the new power rankings after today's Buffalo over the Texans 40 - 0 slaughter.
Probably #33

They just don't deserve to be on the official list of 32 pro football teams.

Last edited:
I'm not watching a lot of football these days but I do watch the Tampa Bay games..... (and Cowboys too) The TB game last night was especially good... Brady beat the Pats (and Belicheck) on their home field... :dance: Just doesn't get much better than that.....

Now I'll admit, it was about as close as it gets. The Patriots missed that last FG, which would have most likely given them the win, by inches.... Hey, a win is a win....

Last edited:
I'm not watching a lot of football these days but I do watch the Tampa Bay games..... (and Cowboys too) The TB game last night was especially good... Brady beat the Pats (and Belicheck) on their home field... :dance: Just doesn't get much better than that.....

Now I'll admit, it was about as close as it gets. The Patriots missed that last FG, which would have most likely given them the win, by inches.... Hey, a win is a win....

Yup, go Bucs. Good change for me after rooting for the Jets all these years.

I was glad to see Brady win at Foxboro, but it wasn’t a good game at all IMO. Brady’s Passer Rating was 70.8, his worst performance this season - vs 101.6 for Jones. 1 TD and 4 FG’s isn’t a good showing for a winner to me. Neither team had a good night, I’m sure the rain made it hard to throw. Mac Jones looks like he could be good, time will tell.

Last edited:
I don't understand the rationale for Brady and TB trying to go for a TD at around the 2 min mark instead of trying to pick up 8 yrs for a 1st down, then bleed the clock and go for a winning FG. I guess he was trying to return, winning with a bang. But seems to me like a bleed the clock strategy would've been better.

My armchair quarterback guess is that TB thought NE was thinking that was what they would do, and hoped to catch them off guard and win with a dagger. Oh, well... but that is why they pay the coaches the big bucks :).

It was an enjoyable game to watch.

Neither team had a good night, I’m sure the rain made it hard to throw.
That rain made it a real mess... Harder to pass, catch, run and tackle... But it was equally messy for both teams... But that is football.

That rain made it a real mess... Harder to pass, catch, run and tackle... But it was equally messy for both teams... But that is football.

When I played football in my youth, some my favorite games were played in the rain (and, since there was no artificial turf then, mud)... one wore that wet, muddy uniform as a badge of pride on the way home :LOL:.

Good Sunday night game with all the hype of Brady returning to play against the Pats.

I don't understand the rationale for Brady and TB trying to go for a TD at around the 2 min mark instead of trying to pick up 8 yrs for a 1st down, then bleed the clock and go for a winning FG. I guess he was trying to return, winning with a bang. But seems to me like a bleed the clock strategy would've been better.

+1 bad call that should have cost them the game but didn't. They essentially ran the same play twice... the first AB looked over the wrong shoulder and the second time he had it but couldn't hold onto it. To be fair, the conditions were challenging for receivers.

I would have thought that the would get a new set of downs and then milk the clock for a game winning field goal as time expired.

I thought that the Pat's offense and Mac Jones looked really good.. very poised for a rookie QB.

The weather definitely hampered the playing, but the multiple lead changes made for an exciting game.
Biggest stand out to me was the playing of Mac Jones. He performed well in what would have been a stressful situation. Then again, coming from Bama, he’s used to big games.

Biggest stand out to me was the playing of Mac Jones. He performed well in what would have been a stressful situation. Then again, coming from Bama, he’s used to big games.

I thought he did a great job. I hadn’t planned on watching the game but stayed through the end after tuning in at half time. I never warmed up to Newton, seemed like a hot dog to me even with the Panthers.

I never warmed up to Newton, seemed like a hot dog to me even with the Panthers.
+1 Based on where he is now, (arm chair QB :) ) it looks like the rest of the NFL might very well agree with that...

Week 4 power rankings

Yikes!

I would have bet the Texans would have made the bottom!

31. Texans: Apparently rookie QB Davis Mills was trying to honor former Bills QB Nathan Peterman with a truly dreadful, 87-yard, four-INT performance in Buffalo.

32. Jaguars: Shouldn't Urban Meyer apologize for being a distraction over the previous nine months as well

Yikes!

I would have bet the Texans would have made the bottom!

31. Texans: Apparently rookie QB Davis Mills was trying to honor former Bills QB Nathan Peterman with a truly dreadful, 87-yard, four-INT performance in Buffalo.

32. Jaguars: Shouldn't Urban Meyer apologize for being a distraction over the previous nine months as well

The Texans will likely be at the bottom after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory today against the Patriots.

But then again, the Jags are pretty dreadful too... I feel sorry for Trevor Lawrence... he's done nothing but win his entire career and then he gets drafted by the Jaguars. Sad! Of course I guess that he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
The Texans will likely be at the bottom after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory today against the Patriots.

But then again, the Jags are pretty dreadful too... I feel sorry for Trevor Lawrence... he's done nothing but win his entire career and then he gets drafted by the Jaguars. Sad! Of course I guess that he is laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't want you guys underestimating my Lions - although I guess they are losing some games that are too close. And losing on the last play to the longest field goal in NFL history maybe keeps them out of the cellar?

Cowboys keep rolling. I think the Giants are a better team than their record would indicate. Hope their QB and RB recover quickly. The stupid thing with the RB, he stepped on a Cowboys foot after the play ended as he was trotting off the field and rolled his ankle. The ankle blew up like a ballon from immediate swelling.

Probably #33

They just don't deserve to be on the official list of 32 pro football teams.

Maybe not. They have a strong challenger with the Jaguars with their 20 game losing streak.
They have their next game in London with Buffalo. What do you think their chances of winning against Buffalo are? A British Cricket team might have a better chance. :D

Cheers!

Maybe not. They have a strong challenger with the Jaguars with their 20 game losing streak.
They have their next game in London with Buffalo. What do you think their chances of winning against Buffalo are? A British Cricket team might have a better chance. :D

Cheers!
I thought the Jaguars were playing the Dolphins in London this coming Sunday? :confused:

Coach Gruden of the Raiders stepping down after more emails turned up.
I’m sorry, but his was 10 years ago and the Raiders are undefeated.

Never would have predicted the Steelers and the Chiefs would be last in their divisions after 5 weeks, but lots of games left. Otherwise teams seem to be where I might have guessed pre season.

I thought the Jaguars were playing the Dolphins in London this coming Sunday? :confused:
You are correct. I was looking at their game schedule on their website and the first thing that was listed was a November 7th game. When the news reports come on the sports section I generally mentally mute them when they start talking about the jaguars. It's just too sad to watch.

Never would have predicted the Steelers and the Chiefs would be last in their divisions after 5 weeks, but lots of games left. Otherwise teams seem to be where I might have guessed pre season.

Lots of games left,,,that’s what I keep saying to myself but the Chiefs have been painful to watch these last few games.

Back
Top Bottom