Votes: 7 6.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone kissing that trophy is going to be sick next week :facepalm:

Yes, MVP was either Edleman or the Defense, but it is hard to split a truck amongst the Defense. Amazing that the defense was able to hold a great Rams offense to a field goal.

Edelman got it, as he should've, or maybe the whole Pats D.

And a 41 yr old guy doesn't play great, but good enough to win, and that proves he really wasn't all that great over his career? Really?

Glad to see that Edelman was MVP. The quarterbacks are certainly the captains, but in many games there are individual efforts that make this difference. Edelman did that tonight.

Bottom line to me was that this was a very interesting defensive battle that had its own level of drama. I felt more tension because it was low scoring then in a see-saw high scoring game. Every play seemed to matter more to me.

Oh yea, and the commercials were really weak this year. The big budget beer adds were interesting mini-stories, but the rest were ho-hum or worse. Bud Light (incl. GoT) and Stella Artois stood out, which is a rather sad commentary on Madison Avenue.

Old time, defensive battle.

The funniest part of the game was when Jim Nance jokingly announced after the punt that bounced then rolled 75 yards as the play of the game.

I thought the Hyundai elevator commercial was pretty funny.

Given that none of my squares came in, it wasn’t that great of a game for me. I was torn. I don’t really like the Pats, and would root for the underdog, but the Rams have Ndamukong Suh and being from Detroit, I didn’t like the thought of him winning at all. I am glad that it was a good game. No referee interference, close score the entire game, anyone could have won and at least one of my buddies did win a square.

I had thought that the two Conference championship games were going to be hard acts to follow and that turned out to be the case. Only exciting thing was that it was a one score game until the end. I wonder what the odds would have been that there would only be one play in the red zone the entire game!! Agree on Nance's line about the punt. The other funny line was Romo's when that stat went up about the Pats not having scored a TD in the first quarter of a Super Bowl with Brady as QB. Romo said that the Pats should probably consider starting someone else. A great line. Probably not spontaneous though.

Agree on Edelman for MVP but it was really the Pats D that deserved it. Hightower and some big plays by the secondary.

Old time, defensive battle.

The funniest part of the game was when Jim Nance jokingly announced after the punt that bounced then rolled 75 yards as the play of the game.

I thought the Hyundai elevator commercial was pretty funny.

I agree, the Hyundai elevator commercial was hilarious!

Best part was the Microsoft commercial

Still think Brady is the all time best QB with hats off to Belichick.

Today less than a day after winning the Super Bowl, Edleman will be in Orlando for the annual Super Bowl MVP parade at Disney. And Disney has invited another player to shine in the limelight with Edleman. Brady is coming along too. Congrats to the Pats on another Super Bowl win.

Last edited:

Attachments

• BAF8D0D4-F899-41DF-9D6F-2DAA61BE4DA1.jpeg
    BAF8D0D4-F899-41DF-9D6F-2DAA61BE4DA1.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 23
So it's been 98 days since Boston has had a championship duck boat parade.
"Cancel the funeral, cue the duck boats"

Interestingly, as boring as this game was, the Pats won by the largest margin in their 6 SB win history.

Yes, MVP was either Edleman or the Defense, but it is hard to split a truck amongst the Defense. Amazing that the defense was able to hold a great Rams offense to a field goal.
I don't think they give a car or truck anymore, since Hyundai became the sponsor. One year they did give the award to two defensive players on the Cowboys. Not sure if they did two vehicles that year or what.

For all the credits that Belichick and Brady get we should also give a lot of credit to Brian Flores the defensive play caller who will be the Dolphins head coach next year. He called a great game and we wish him success in Miami.

Congrats to the Pats. Game itself was the worst game I've watched in many a year. Maybe a Raider game this year was worse.

Not a wonderful game, but a satisfying result.

It's been rather nice to be a New England sports fan.

Defensive games like this one are usually pretty boring but the the 4th quarter was worth watching.

Oh, and I thought the Walmart commercial at the beginning of the SB was the best one...

It's been rather nice to be a New England sports fan.

+1.

The day started with the Bruins snapping a 14 game losing streak to the Capitals in Washington followed by the Celtics beating a hot team in OKC at the Garden culminated by the SB win.

+1.

The day started with the Bruins snapping a 14 game losing streak to the Capitals in Washington followed by the Celtics beating a hot team in OKC at the Garden culminated by the SB win.

Yeah, it's hard to keep track of it all, isn't it!
Totally boring game and even worse commercials (is that the best they can do??), but the last 10 minutes were fun.

Full disclosure: Nephew works for the Pats and has been crazy-busy since 10PM last night.

Last edited:
Defensive games like this one are usually pretty boring but the the 4th quarter was worth watching.

Yes, in fact I dozed off only to be awakened at the very end by the excited announcers and fans (and I’ve been a New England fan since the 70s).

I really enjoyed Gladys Knight’s pre-game national anthem. The lady’s still got it going on.

Here she is, very few embellishments, just singing the anthem:

https://youtu.be/kTuoq6TllaU

Last edited:
For all the credits that Belichick and Brady get we should also give a lot of credit to Brian Flores the defensive play caller who will be the Dolphins head coach next year. He called a great game and we wish him success in Miami.
Yes, just not too much success.... and no AFC East Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom