post your favorite oldies

Boyce and Hart with their marvelous frilly cuffs and infamous "all right Bobby let's go":

Koolau said:
When I hear a song, I actually can often think back to the things I was doing at the time. It's magical..

I've recently discovered that YouTube has videos with titles like "Top Songs from Each Month of the 1980's" or "Top Songs by Month, 1970's". These are song compilations from yesteryear consisting of clips about 10-15 seconds long that really bring back floods of memories. It's interesting to hear these songs and then remember where you were living, who you were dating, what you were doing in your school or job life at the time, even what car you were driving when you first heard the song. It really fires off a bunch of old memories.

Give it a try!

Arizona. Sung by Mark Lindsay while he was still lead singer for the Raiders ca 1969.

And speaking of the Raiders (well, Paul Revere and the Raiders with Mark Lindsay):

Saw Mark Lindsay live a few years ago with the Happy Together tour.

He sang several of his hits including Arizona, Hungry, Indian Reservation and what was his signature song. Kicks.

He was quite good.

British producer Joe Meek blazed some technical trails in the early '60s with "Telstar" by The Tornados and this tune by The Honeycombs. Alas, his end was violent and tragic.

Stiffs recording artist Wreckless Eric ("I'd Go the Whole Wide World") wrote the doomed engineer a musical tribute.

Has it really been 50 years? I remember most of these albums like it was yesterday. I can see the album cover artwork in my mind.

Interesting! I have 3 of the albums(vinyl) on that list (was still a poor high school student back then, had to save and scrimp to buy albums :)), and 45 rpm singles from 5 other albums there.

Interesting! I have 3 of the albums(vinyl) on that list (was still a poor high school student back then, had to save and scrimp to buy albums :)), and 45 rpm singles from 5 other albums there.

I have 4 on vinyl. Some omissions from that list (which I also have on vinyl) include:

Diamond Girl - Seals & Crofts
Greetings From Asbury Park - Bruce Springsteen
The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle - Bruce Springsteen
Spinners - The Spinners

This young lady seems to be every bit as good as Stevie:

I recently came across this, I must have been asleep back in 2012. Heart performing "Stairway to Heaven" at the Kennedy Center Honors, where (among others) Led Zeppelin was being honored. The singing and guitar playing, Jason Bonham on drums, the orchestral and choir vocal arrangements, and the looks on the faces of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones as the song is performed... amazing.

Back
Top Bottom