Single Men - 40’s - No Kids - Dating Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked people for what? If she was taken why would you be interested?

Right on Aja. Ya gotta be aggressive and go for it! My lady of 15 years I spotted at an activity I had to be at. I kept asking people until someone new her story. She was taken at the time, but the seed was planted and two years later I got my chance and it worked out and we are still together and life is great.
But in my single post divorce days, I hit every angle. Hell, I even spotted a hottie in a car, and had a cop friend run her license plate to get the scoop. It didnt work out long run, but who cares, it was a fun year while it lasted, ha.

I am not very outgoing unless with close friends out and about but my work is it sales LOL.

Your story runs along the same track as me with my flame. But the OP seems like the real shy type. If he's never been to a south Texas dance place he would be surprised if he went.

Maybe it’s anxiety and Covid-19.

Shy is tough. I wish I had an answer. I wasnt outgoing back in the day but I learned to be. Its like major league baseball players are today. They dont care if they strike out 200 times in a year and hit .230 as long as they bag 30 dingers in a season. The world is your oyster once you dont worry about striking out. Because the next time you step up to the plate you may jack one over the fence.

Marriage is just a piece of paper and brings in-laws into family.

I found this article from PEW in regards to marriage trends within the US interesting.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2019/11/06/marriage-and-cohabitation-in-the-u-s/

To summarize, older people see more benefit to marriage, more people are accepting of cohabitant now than before rather than marriage.

Many cohabitors cite finance as a reason they are not married. FWIW.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-...-in-the-u-s/psdt_11-06-19_cohabitation-00-05/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom