This years Christmas present...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The unmistakeable Ring chime woke me and I reached over and grabbed the iPad on the nightstand. I fired up the Ring App and I was not surprised to see two deer munching on what’s left of the summers growth surrounding my front door. It’s happened before. The short video ended and I switched to live view and they where like ghost - gone. I glanced at the clock 2:23AM. I fell back asleep, I am blessed with really good sleeping habits.

The ring is our silent sentinel at our our front door. Always vigilant and never complaining like the guards at Westminster. In the last 2 weeks I answered the door from 100 miles away and sent the political person on his way.

The weak part of the ring is you need to scramble to find a device and load the app to answer or see what going on out there. There’s a solution the echo show it’s a amazon echo with a screen.
$200 bucks for the biggest one they make a ten inch screen. We already use ’Alexa’ to run the lights, for the weather and lots of stuff. “Alexa play some classic county” and bam Johnny is complaining about being named sue or getting married in a fever. The show has lots of other functionality.

I think I found this years Christmas present more research needs to happen.

Last edited:
I installed the Ring doorbell on our front door. My wife liked it so much, I installed the Ring floodlight on the back of our house.

Turns out, we get a visitor just about every night to our rear patio. Either a raccoon, neighborhood cat or opossum. Now that squirrels are storing nuts, we get a notice once or twice a day for those too.

The best use so far, has been the fact we now get notified whenever a package gets delivered.

Are there any sensitivity settings to allow it to ignore small animals yet see potential porch thieves or burglars, etc.?

There are sensitivity settings. You can also set time periods when the notifications aren't sent.

Back
Top Bottom