What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, I did absolutely nothing. Lol

I don't like to admit that, but I have a day once in a while like that. I ate all day and got fat is about all I did.

Well done ! This is what we all dream of during our working years…

Picked up new glasses, now just hanging out inside during our "atmospheric river" event--rain and wind for the next few days, but we need it, so happy the rain is here.

I don't like to admit that, but I have a day once in a while like that. I ate all day and got fat is about all I did.

Not wanting to admit it? Many of us are proud of it.

I just learned for the first time how to "cast" my mobile phone to the TV screen so that we can show our Egypt pictures to our neighbors when they come for dinner tomorrow.

We all should have at least some days like that. It was one of the things I looked forward to most in retirement. And like NW-Bound, I'm proud of it, I earned it, and I deserve it.

Went to the oral surgeon yesterday for a biopsy of my inner cheek. I thought it would be easier, but walked away an hour later with 7 stiches. Now it’s a week on soft or baby food.

I spent the rest of the day with my grandson. We played 2 games of Pokémon cards. He usually crushes me, but the last game I actually did pretty well - though I still lost. He even said “good game”. :)

Went to the oral surgeon yesterday for a biopsy of my inner cheek. I thought it would be easier, but walked away an hour later with 7 stiches. Now it’s a week on soft or baby food.

I spent the rest of the day with my grandson. We played 2 games of Pokémon cards. He usually crushes me, but the last game I actually did pretty well - though I still lost. He even said “good game”. :)

High praise indeed.

Just getting going on the West Coast and have a very light snow floating down.

Packing up for a bike race this morning across town. Recent rains and the terrain that I expect … dirt/grass/mud on a hilly course … will make for a super fun and slippery race. Going to ride my battle-tested mountain bike with wide grippy tires. Hope all my usual race buddies and competitors make it out today.

Heading to the local mall for shopping today with DD. Have to go on a weekend, so DSiL can watch baby.
Haven't been at a shopping mall on the weekend in years, wish me luck LOL!
And it is rainy and windy here, so more folks go indoor shopping.

We all should have at least some days like that. It was one of the things I looked forward to most in retirement. And like NW-Bound, I'm proud of it, I earned it, and I deserve it.

Not wanting to admit it? Many of us are proud of it.

True!!!!
I enjoy those days very much also, doing nothing. I also like to stay busy doing the things I love to do, knowing I only have so many of those days left. So, it comes down to a priority thing for each day.

We needed to get a couple of things out of storage (1:20 drive) so to make it more worthwhile we arranged to meet friends to play pickleball. After a couple of hours on the court we picked up sandwiches and had lunch with them on their deck. Hard to believe it’s November, with temps in the high 70’s.

Fun mtn bike race yesterday. Got the hole shot (first racer to the first corner) off the start and held a nice lead for the first of three laps. Was trying to get far enough out front where my buddies behind couldn’t see how big a gap I had. Felt great but couldn’t keep up that pace for the second and third laps. Faster racers caught up and I finished 7th in a field of 20.

Today is a day with no real plans for me. I managed to sleep to a good time with the time change. I've had coffee and went for a walk. Made turnovers for DH, they were good. I need to go to my Mom's some time today and I also want to do a 30 minute strength workout from my teacher's on line studio library.

I really enjoy a day with no commitments.

Heading out later in the day for mid day meal with siblings, then some shopping. Getting started on holiday purchases for the grandkids early!

Sunbathed for a few hours in speedos. Temp was 80F in SW PA. Next week.....around 24 at nights.

Putzed around with the snow blower for a while. It occurred to me that with the unseasonably warm weather we've been having (t-shirt weather today) that there will be a payback for it, and such payback is usually fierce. Also the last few years have been very light in the snow department so some "catch up" is due there if the law of averages is to be maintained. Valid or no, that's my thinking on it.

So while at the end of the season last spring I did drain all the fuel, change the engine oil and oil/grease that which needs to be oiled/greased, I couldn't remember the last time I'd looked at the auger and drive belts or checked the adjustments on them. And looking at it, there is a small gap where the starter motor mounts that water can get into, and I'd never looked at that either. (I normally just use the pull starter and it starts in one or two pulls.)

So I made minor adjustments to the belts, probably not needed, but such things do "creep" unnoticed until suddenly things don't work when most needed. And when I pulled the starter motor off I saw that the gear drive on that was bone dry, so a few drops of oil would be a good preventative measure, and the mounting bolts were developing some minor corrosion, so they each got a dab of grease. And there were a few spots of rust on the flywheel gear so that got a few dabs of grease too.

It's always easier to do that kind of maintenance when the weather is warm and there's no time pressure, like when a blizzard is forecast to start in two hours.

Today I had a leisurely coffee then went on a three mile walk. I had a RGB lunch (Rice, Greens, Beans). After lunch I raked the leaves and watched a movie on Netflix.

Went to the oral surgeon yesterday for a biopsy of my inner cheek. I thought it would be easier, but walked away an hour later with 7 stiches. Now it’s a week on soft or baby food...

Darn! Reminds me of the time in my 20s, when I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once, and two were badly impacted.

Had to slurp pureed food for more than 1 week. I was hungry all the time because I could not get enough food. I could not even open my mouth to talk, and spoke through gritted teeth.

You have my sympathy. :flowers:

Ah yes, I remember that, me too! First oral surgery. Count back from 100. I made it to 99. Was right before I went to school, I was 18. Got off the seat, I was high as a kite.

Yeah, down for supper after a nap and I was hungry and everything looked so good. Ma warned me...

One bite on a pork chop resulted in serious pain. Learned about codeine that day. Took some of that and Ma made me some soup - :)

I hate tooth pain. I hate root canals too, but less than the tooth pain they cure.

I missed this post but hope you are well on your way to a fast recovery. I have not had to go through what you have had done but I bet it isn't any fun.

The usual Sunday over the hill to DFIL to bring the lunch. Watch some football and head on back over the hill.

But I did get another coat of varnish on the propane bracket for the big boat and marked my holes for the helm seat adapter plate.

Now drinking Tequila and warming Trader Joe's frozen French onion soup pucks to be followed by Trader Joe's French thin crust mushroom and cheese pizza.

It's been a Trader Joe day.

Took DW out for our 15th anniversary. Went to our favorite restaurant at the beach and each had 10 ounce lobster tails. They gave us a slice of cake with candles in it and took our photo with a frame they had made up.

I want to party with you guys, you know how to do it right!

Went to a friend’s house and watched the Detroit Lions actually win a game. Better than winning a game against the Packers was just getting out and visiting with a good friend. I’ve had heath issues this year and treatment has created a situation where I’m immune compromised. I’m learning how to deal with that, but it mainly consists of not going around people. Well, I have a life to live so, while not perfect, I asked them (friend and his DW) to be honest about how they’re feeling before I went there and took the risk. This was easier earlier in the year because I could just do outdoor things. Now that it’s getting into the colder months, that’s not going to be a viable option.

Didn't do much again today. We have had strong clippers coming through the last two days with strong winds. A skiff of snow melted right away though.

Tomorrow I will be hunting in the AM with snow and a cold day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom