What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting

Yesterday was the last day to early vote so we accomplished that and did some yard work here in Texas weather is great at 78 degrees.
Getting ready to head overseas for 2.5 months and prepping a little bit everyday. We will need to drain all water lines to ensure they do not freeze up in the winter months. We return the end of February for the last bit of the cold.

Last edited:
Mowed the grass for what I hope is the last time this year. High temperature was 83° today! If that keeps up I'll be mowing into December. It's been a while but that has happened.

Finished up my "bar stool helm and saloon seat"

52485186371_aba1b0ace1_z.jpg

Nice sturdy bar stool rated 350 pounds. Custom adapter plate to fit the stool holes to the standard marine mount. Quarter inch aluminum plate. Ready to take to the boat - :)

Thanks!

The wife was looking for something a little "more stylish"

I was looking for something sturdy that didn't look like a "boat seat"

She asked why we needed a 350 pound rating as neither of us weigh that much.

I answered that the living room doesn't rock back & forth and side to side with the waves.

Still doing the training of the "first mate"

Band practice tonight, we auditioned a new member. He's a singer/guitarist that will add some good harmony and support guitar playing. It went very well, he seemed to like us and we liked him, comparable skill levels and most of all he was easy to get along with.

We will be inviting him back again for a more in-depth look.

Very pleasant experience this morning when I went to vote. We got a new polling place this year, about twice as far as the old one but still only a mile away. This one is bigger, much better organized, and the people were friendly and smiling. Huge difference from the old place, where they were always grumpy and officious.

Attachments

• IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 40
Very pleasant experience this morning when I went to vote. We got a new polling place this year, about twice as far as the old one but still only a mile away. This one is bigger, much better organized, and the people were friendly and smiling. Huge difference from the old place, where they were always grumpy and officious.

That’s good news. The polling place here in 2020 was very nearby (walking distance) was pleasant and friendly. It makes a difference.

I voted absentee this year in early October, seems like ages ago. That went smoothly.

Finished up my "bar stool helm and saloon seat"

52485186371_aba1b0ace1_z.jpg

Nice sturdy bar stool rated 350 pounds. Custom adapter plate to fit the stool holes to the standard marine mount. Quarter inch aluminum plate. Ready to take to the boat - :)

Looks great.
Need a picture or two when installed on the ship.

Heading to the ranch mid-morning for the day. We have some unpredictable snow amounts coming for mid-week. I'm not as maverick as I use to be when roads are snow packed. The 5 miles or so though the high-country roads can be dangerous the first few days when roads get snowpack.

Last edited:
Spent the past several days modifying my Polaris Ranger side by side. Added heater, windshield wiper, light bar. Also making a mantel clock. Today voting, getting turkey legs for Thanksgiving, going to a glass shop and MIL's.

(yesterday) completed most of my Christmas shopping and ordered Thanksgiving Ham.

Today is sunny and a bit cool, great for a fun Fall walk around the neighborhood.

Drove over 25 miles to the Motor Vehicle office to get my Driver's licence renewed. The fee was $50.- then piled on another $30.0 to get the "Real ID" endorsement. It is shown as a star in a yellow circle. Above the US flag signifying Veteran.
This was the most pleasant hassle free visit to a DMV ever. As soon as my number was issued, it popped up on the screen as next being served. I even gave them "excellent" for service quality.
On the way home, stopped for caffeine, then last stop was at the polling place to vote. About 20 people ahead of me. Deed done, rest of the day...... I'll figure it out later.

Wonderful! We always have friendly, smiling poll workers, but for some reason they forgot to offer me an "I voted" sticker this time. I forgot to ask for one, too. Oh well. I attached an image from the internet, showing what it would have looked like. It was beautiful and sunny this morning, and I wore red, white, and blue because I like to do that on Election Day.

Having voted, I feel like I accomplished something today. There was not even one person ahead of me in line, which is very unusual but I sure got in and out of there fast. I feel really good about my choices on the ballot. Now, to watch the results come in tonight. :D

Then we had lunch together at a nearby restaurant, and came home.

Attachments

• Voted.jpg
    Voted.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 160
I walked in the rain (yes rain .... here in California) then made 24 pumpkin muffins so the pumpkins are all gone. Which is a good thing, except I have to buy pumpkin for pies. Oops

Bought another 50k CDs so that's done. Just have another 37k to figure out

Spent the last few days at the hospital as DW came down with pneumonia last Friday. She's in bad shape due to her severe COPD to start with. She's in ICU. Heading back now for a while.

Reactions: W2R
Wishing your DW a full recovery, aja8888.

I voted too. Or at least Maybe I did. Got there and found I was no longer on the rolls. Not by name, DOB or street address. Gone, but not alone. 3 others also out of like 10 that showed up while I was there.

It seems they did an upgrade to a computerized list. To allow for faster processing. But the government workers once again displayed incompetence at their job.

So I had to re-register in order to cast a "provisional" ballot. Idiots.

... getting turkey legs for Thanksgiving...

Just the legs and not a whole turkey? :confused:

Spent the last few days at the hospital as DW came down with pneumonia last Friday. She's in bad shape due to her severe COPD to start with. She's in ICU. Heading back now for a while.

I hope your wife will get out of the hospital soon.

A friend came over this morning- she wanted my help in making some soap to give as Christmas gifts. I think they turned out well. Then I voted and did some yard work. 85 degrees again today- it should be cooler by the weekend. I need the first freeze to hold off for another week or two- I still have green tomatoes in the garden...

Wishing your wife as speedy a recovery as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom