What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

After your hesitation about getting that gadget it's great to hear that you're using and enjoying it. :dance:

Yeah, braumeister !!! Those trips in make it easy for this old man. Lol

Have a great one Sir!!!

I finally got to take off the Holter monitor that's been taped to my chest for the last two weeks since the brief hospital stay. There were a couple of afib events the day I was discharged from the hospital but to my knowledge none since. For this one you just take it off, put it back in the box it came in, and mail it off to an address. They read the results there and send the information to the cardiologist. I guess I'm not important enough for them to let me know any results though. I'm just the patient so that doesn't matter. At least that's the vibe I'm getting. And the earliest I can see the cardiologist is May 15. Oh well.

After the post office run I did a minor grocery run to get some stuff that DW asked for. Now home for the day, which is fine because it's too cold and windy to be doing anything outside.

Spoke with Fidelity this morning, new fraudulent transactions on my credit card.I have no idea why they told me to wait when I first reported it last week, but 2 more bad transactions from the same source left no doubt. I’ll get a replacement tomorrow but think I need a new card from a different issuer. Maybe Apple Pay.

I went to the Post Office this morning. I’ve long been a great supporter and appreciate the difficult job they do, but they’re not making it easy to stand up for them.

Spoke with Fidelity this morning, new fraudulent transactions on my credit card.I have no idea why they told me to wait when I first reported it last week, but 2 more bad transactions from the same source left no doubt. I’ll get a replacement tomorrow but think I need a new card from a different issuer. Maybe Apple Pay.

Meanwhile, I have a confession to make. When I reported one the other day they immediately cancelled and reissued the card, so it's odd they didn't do the same with you.

But anyway, I later found out that it was a transaction DW made and forgot to tell me about. Normally, I'm the only one who uses that card, so I didn't think to ask her. :facepalm:

So I had to call them back and sheepishly cancel the fraud alert. They were very kind and told me it happens a lot. :blush:

So in sum, I haven't had a fraud on my Fido Visa for a number of years now. But I also have good luck with my Apple Card. In fact, the Apple Card will refuse a transaction immediately in some cases (rightly so) and text me to verify it. I can verify, and immediately get another text telling me it's OK to retry the transaction. That has never failed, and it's only a very minor nuisance.

I had the same thing happen years ago with an American Express credit card. Immediately saw fraudulent charges and contacted them.

Told me not to worry and the charges would be removed. Asked when I will get a new cc and they said don't worry. :confused:

Sure enough additional fraudulent charges showed up and I told them if you're not going to cancel and re-issue new card then close my account. They re-issued a new card.

Haven't had any issues since I received that new card.

Last edited:
Fixed the front gate which has had settling issues and latch was not lining up properly with the pin. Moved the hinges up a quarter inch by drilling and tapping 6 holes. Now works well again.

Today is the first day of week three of our dive vacation to Bonaire so we took a day off from diving to hang by the pool and indulge in adult beverages. Three weeks remaining on this trip.

While walking the dog this morning I got a call from an out of state number I did not recognize. I let it go to voice mail and when I got home I looked at the voice-to-text translation to see this: "Is this REW? This is Glenda Drain. For some reason I was thinking of you this morning and that I met you 46 years ago. Give me a call."

"Glenda Drain"? Who the heck? Where was I 46 years ago to meet this woman, and how to I explain this message to DW (we've been married for 54 years)?

Then I listened to the actual recording and learned the call was from I guy (name sounds like Glen Davrain) I worked with for many years and hadn't spoken to for some time. Called him and we had a good laugh. :)

Last edited:
Gorgeous sunny day, warming up to high 50's.
Bought a small greenhouse, on sale, for the backyard, ready to get it set up soon and start some plants!

A few weeks back I found an old camera with the last film roll still inside!

Yesterday I managed to track down someone who still develop 35mm films.

But now I can't find the old camera! :facepalm:

I think my brain is taking this ER lark too seriously :cool:

It's a gorgeous 64°F sunny day with light winds. I gave some serious thought to putting down some lawn fertilizer but decided it's still a bit early to be doing that. So I went for a walk instead, and didn't even have to wear a jacket. A flannel shirt was enough. I'll do the fertilizer next month.

Made my first visit to the one motorcycle shop here in the valley and got a tire repaired. Gave me a reasonable price on a new tire, so when it is time, I know where to go. Meanwhile no charge for this repair even though it was kind of tough to get it plugged. They gotta new customer. :D

Went to my appointment with the oral surgeon and had that cracked tooth extracted, bone graft and implant post installed.

Forty seven hundred. Sometimes you have to blow that dough for stuff that you don't enjoy and isn't any fun at all.

But really needed. On monday the infection got bad right at the top where the nerve exits and it was agony. They called in an Rx for amoxicillin and that at least removed the agony.

Now we're onward and upward. Check up in a week and then a 2 month healing process before the next step.

Went to my appointment with the oral surgeon and had that cracked tooth extracted, bone graft and implant post installed.

Forty seven hundred. Sometimes you have to blow that dough for stuff that you don't enjoy and isn't any fun at all.

But really needed. On monday the infection got bad right at the top where the nerve exits and it was agony. They called in an Rx for amoxicillin and that at least removed the agony.

Now we're onward and upward. Check up in a week and then a 2 month healing process before the next step.

Hope that heals up well and fast. Dental pain is the pits.

I have to give at least one marketing department high marks for efficiency.

Nine days ago I changed the title and registration of DW's car to my name instead of hers. Yesterday I got a card in the mail addressed to me wanting me to call about the extended warranty on that vehicle. :facepalm:

E-filed my taxes today with TurboTax. Fifteen minutes later I got an email saying my Federal return was accepted by the IRS. Never seen it happen that quick.

I put my porch furniture out, transplanted a few pulmonaria to a more appropriate place in the yard, planted two hellebores, and sowed my lettuce (Bibb and Romaine) and spinach in the kitchen garden.

Had the son's family here for an overnight and part of today. A long night not much sleep with a 5-year-old and 7-week-old. The 5-year-old and I had a nice long walk, and we enjoy just goofing and having fun. We hid a treasure at the end of the walk. The next time she is here we will see if the treasure is still there.

Kind of recouping today and took a long walk after they left for her parents ranch for the rest of the weekend.

Always a pleasure to have them here and treasure my time with them.

Went to a family birthday party for the two grandnephews, now ages 7 and 9. Their birthdays are only a couple of days apart of course family normally "splits the difference" and rounds to the nearest weekend day that is good for as many people as possible. Hey, whatever excuse works for a family party. A good time was had by all, especially the two boys.

When we got home there was a new R/C airplane on the front porch so I put that together and will make the first flight on Monday before the club meeting, weather permitting.

Fixed an electrical conduit problem and replaced the broken spring on the gate.

Extracted tooth socket / implant post seems to be doing well. Finished up the antibiotics.

All green and go!

Changed the oil, filters and greased the tractor... Ready to go for another season.

I got my replacement card on Thursday and on Saturday a bogus charge appeared from Door Dash, the same source of bogus charges from my previous card. This time the charge said DoorDash Hong Kong.

Something similar happened once before with my Fidelity card. In less than one month the card was replaced three times for bogus charges, all at a gas station somewhere in Wyoming. Very strange these charges aren’t getting flagged by credit card security.

Had all the kids/grands over last night for dinner, with DSIL cooking.
Fun evening, little ones kept Grandpa busy outside as it was a lovely sunny day, at about 65 temp.

Very strange these charges aren’t getting flagged by credit card security.

I have transaction alerts set on my Fido Visa card, so I get a text message within seconds of any transaction where the card is not present. They have eight different kinds of alert you can set, and I find it very comforting.

Back
Top Bottom