What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

What new series are you watching?

Started watching Ozark. Definitely different but draws you in.

Just wait

Last edited by a moderator:
Started watching Midnight Dinner.
Japanese show about a chef running an all night dinner, and the customers who show up.
Kind of fun , and culturally interesting.
English subtitles.
JP

Just finished the last season of Unforgotten. British detectives. Truly enjoyed this series.

Started watching Lupin on Netflix. It's engaging enough I have to not computer surf. I enjoy the scenes of Paris. We are going in December so it's fun

The other one is My Brilliant Friend. Set in post war Italy. The brilliant one is too poor to go beyond grade school so self teaches. Sub titles so I also have to put down the computer. This is on Apple TV I think

Thoroughly enjoyed Lupin watched series one in one sitting. New series out but still to watch it.

Just finished the last season of Unforgotten. British detectives. Truly enjoyed this series.

For some reason, I started this, but it didn't draw me in. Will try again. Was probably just not in the right mood, or something. Thanks for the heads-up. Nicola Walker is a fantastic actress. I absolutely loved her performance in MI5 (or Spooks, if you're in the UK).

Started watching Ozark. Definitely different but draws you in.

The first time I began watching Ozark, I got maybe 20 or 30 minutes in, before stopping. It just didn't do it for me. After a few friends whose opinions I respected, were raving about it, I tried again. Glad I did. I just needed to get past the first part, however long that was. A great series. Bingeworthy, for sure.

In retrospect, I think that on the surface, the subject matter (middle class couple dealing drugs) simply didn't appeal. Of course though, it wasn't really about that. As with all well-written shows, it is about the characters, and character development.

For some reason, I started this, but it didn't draw me in. Will try again. Was probably just not in the right mood, or something. Thanks for the heads-up. Nicola Walker is a fantastic actress. I absolutely loved her performance in MI5 (or Spooks, if you're in the UK).

agree with Nicola Walker being fantastic. another show that was great with her was last tango in halifax.

I know I'm opening myself up to ridicule, but I just did a search and didn't see it, so I will take one for the team - I love Rick & Morty. 5th season just started.

Finally some of the shows we enjoy have started new seasons.

Evil S2 is on Paramount+. We were very upset when it wasn't renewed on whatever network channel it was on, so we're very happy it got picked back up. It's DW's favorite now that we've finished all the new Handmaid's Tale episodes.

Also watching The Good Fight, also on Paramount+. Also the same writers as Evil. Only one episode so far, but pretty sure it's going to remain weird and interesting.

Other than that, it's pretty much a wasteland out there for us.

agree with Nicola Walker being fantastic. another show that was great with her was last tango in halifax.

I just watched the first episode of Unforgotten, and must thank vrijheid, as I think I've found a new series to watch. I have no idea why I passed on it before. Had probably been watching too many detective shows, and needed a break, or something like that.

Agree with you about Last Tango in Halifax. A different kind of show, but also very good.

Last edited:

Yes! Agree Nicola is excellent. Also enjoyed her role in Last Tango in Halifax.

On Netflix, adult animated anthology, "Love, Death, and Robots". If you like short story fantasy/sci-fi such as Illustrated Man and Black Mirror, and high quality animation, you might enjoy this.

A couple of shows on Netflix I won’t finish watching.

“A history of swear words”, hosted by Nicolas Cage. Such an interesting topic, with some academics giving us insights into the history. They also have some comedians and actors, and their contributions are a bit, well, less mature.

The other show is “I think you should leave with Tim Robinson”. This is a show where (I think) people act out scenes of real life awkwardness. A bit too awkward for my taste.

My list of series I won't finish is much longer than the list of the ones I would recommend.

Not a new series, but my brother insisted we binge watch Dead to Me on NetFlix. It's only two seasons, and episodes are like 30 minutes, so we blew through it quickly.
It's a really dark comedy very well done. Christina Applegate is very good in it.
Worth checking out!

There's only one season of it but Walker also stars in "River" with Stellan Skarsgård. I'm watching it now on Amazon Prime.

There's only one season of it but Walker also stars in "River" with Stellan Skarsgård. I'm watching it now on Amazon Prime.
Nicola Walker is also in a show I haven't seen mentioned here. It's called "The Split". I really enjoyed the first season, but haven't seen the second yet. A very different role for her, she plays a sophisticated lawyer, the older sister everyone looks up to.

River is a very intense series - artistic, odd, haunting.

Incredible final episode.

+1 DW and I watched it together years ago when it first came out. She occasionally still brings it up. Wish they had somehow done another one.

Currently you are able to watch "River" streaming on Amazon Prime Video, Sundance Now, BritBox, BritBox Amazon Channel, DIRECTV, Spectrum On Demand, AMC Plus or for free with ads on Tubi TV.

Back
Top Bottom