What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Also watching new Season 4 of Goliath. Enjoying it. Some hilarious opening scenes.

I also watched the first 2 episodes of Foundation. The first one was pretty good and set the stage for what could be an interesting series. The second episode wasn't nearly as good. It's trying to be a love story when it could be much more interesting.

Have to admit that both my DW and I got sucked into the Netflix South Korean show Squid Games. It is very graphic, but we both 'enjoyed' it.

I also watched the first 2 episodes of Foundation. The first one was pretty good and set the stage for what could be an interesting series. The second episode wasn't nearly as good. It's trying to be a love story when it could be much more interesting.

Ugh! I hope they don't try to make it a love story. It's great science fiction and needs to be treated that way. Besides Foundation is only the first book. Next we have Foundation and Empire and then the epic Second Foundation. This could be a great series and a money maker if they handle it right.

Also watching new Season 4 of Goliath. Enjoying it. Some hilarious opening scenes.

I finished watching Season 4 last night. It was a pleasure watching something I didn't feel like I had to skip some parts of because it was going too slow. I also often surf the net while watching shows, but not with this one. I liked this show from Season 1 and it was a very nice ride all the way to the end. This last season (not sure if there'll be Season 5?) had a different feel from the other seasons and I think I liked this one the best, I think (and Season 1 too, although I can't remember much of it at this point LOL...) Season 2 and 3 got a bit too bizarre.

DW and I binged on The Squid Games on Netflix. It was very entertaining. The storyline is not so original but they did a good job of making the series very gripping. The violence is not for all.

DW and I binged on The Squid Games on Netflix. It was very entertaining. The storyline is not so original but they did a good job of making the series very gripping. The violence is not for all.

We’re watching it now (3 episodes in 2 nights….not quite binge watching). Yes, agreed, very gripping with kinda cliche messages about greed, obsession, etc.
it took 2 episodes to figure out we could watch it in dubbed English dialogue rather than original Korean with sub titles. A bit easier to follow. :cool:

I just started The Defeated on Netflix.

In 1946 a NY cop goes to newly divided Berlin to establish a functioning police precinct in the bombed out city. So far the 1st episode has me wanting more.

I’m sure this is an unpopular opinion. But just finished season 2 of Ted Lasso. I had really enjoyed season one. But thought season 2 was mediocre bordering on lousy. And it got worse as the episodes wore on..

FWIW, there are still 3 episodes left in Season 2. I think one of the reasons that there have been some “odd” episodes this season is that Apple asked them to expand Season 2 from 10 to 13 episodes after the writers had already mapped out a 10 episode season.

I agree that Season 2 hasn’t been as good as Season 1, but I’m still enjoying it.

Dumped NOS4A2, too slow.

Same here. I think NOS4A2 was probably the biggest "new show" disappointment for me in recent years. I love horror movies and shows and had high hopes for this one, given the writer/creator's pedigree (Stephen King's son). It wasn't scary, not even all that spooky, and really just not that engaging. For me, the biggest crime a horror series (or movie) can commit is not making me feel scared, or at least a little creeped out, for even 15 seconds.

FWIW, there are still 3 episodes left in Season 2. I think one of the reasons that there have been some “odd” episodes this season is that Apple asked them to expand Season 2 from 10 to 13 episodes after the writers had already mapped out a 10 episode season.

I agree that Season 2 hasn’t been as good as Season 1, but I’m still enjoying it.

I didn’t realize there were gonna be 3 more episodes. Still, not sure I’ll bother watching. Maybe. This series just flamed out badly for me.

100 Foot Wave - HBOMAX

The Many Saints of Newark - HBOMAX - Not a series but a great prequel to "The Sopranos".

we never saw a single minute of the Soprano's series....will this movie make sense to us or is it for fans of the series only?

we never saw a single minute of the Soprano's series....will this movie make sense to us or is it for fans of the series only?

I haven't seen the prequel.

I think they put in some characters as younger versions of themselves in the series.

Different actors of course.

But these younger versions of Sopranos characters don't take up a lot of the movie.

So you can probably watch the movie and then if you watch the series afterwards, you will eventually recognize some of the characters or at least the family relationships.

I'm watching Murder City on Prime. My only complaint is that I think there are only 10 episodes total. I like the interaction of the main characters and their different personalities. It's an Englush detective show.

Goliath on Prime is very good, at least the first season. A good story, excellent acting, very intense, but the characters seem real.
Billy Bob Thornton is good in this role.
I believe I got the recommendation from this forum thread.
JP

Goliath on Prime is very good, at least the first season. A good story, excellent acting, very intense, but the characters seem real.

I agree. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the following season as we gave up after a few episodes.

I believe I got the recommendation from this forum thread.
JP

I liked Season 1 as well. Season 4 was also very good IMO.

I liked Season 1 as well. Season 4 was also very good IMO.

three shows into season 4 and yes it's good and without any spoiling the video and atmosphere in these episodes is off the charts. The Chinatown vibe is just wonderful.

“Unforgotten” on PBS. It’s part of the Masterpiece Mystery series of shows. This series is about a police unit that investigates cold cases years after the fact…

three shows into season 4 and yes it's good and without any spoiling the video and atmosphere in these episodes is off the charts. The Chinatown vibe is just wonderful.

And the Hitchcock vibe. I really enjoyed that.

I’m watching Ordinary Joe tonight and am enjoying it. I’m just struggling with the other characters and how they all fit in. I guess I should go back and watch the 1st episode (is there more than 1!prior?).

Yes, I'd suggest going back and watching the 1st episode to get the background on the different characters and conflicts.

Back
Top Bottom