What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Not a series but just finished watching the new documentary “Lucy and Desi” on Amazon Prime Video. Produced by Amy Poehler, this told the story of the Americas first TV couple through old footage and interviews with Their daughter and children of others associated with the show and their production company.
I learned so much not only about them but the early days of TV and their Desilou productions which was a powerhouse of early TV.
Definitely worth the 100 minute watch.

We just got an offer from Amex for Disney+ Hulu and ESPN bundle through 8/31 for only the sales tax. Basically Disney charges the card, and Amex rebates the charge each month through 8/31. So as far as I can figure it with be the sales tax $1.25. It’s a targeted offer https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targ...e-spend-13-99-receive-13-99-statement-credit/

I’ve been wanting to watch some National Geographic programming but hadn’t pulled the plug until now. Doubt I’ll use the other channels.

I highly recommend Welcome to Earth, with Will Smith. (Disney+ under Nat'l Graphic)

Started The Peacemaker, then stopped the peacemaker. What rubbish. Have you guessed, not recommended?

Started Reacher season 1, a lot better.

I've been bingeing "The Split" on Hulu. Originally on a British channel, now the first 2 Seasons are on Hulu. The third and final season on the same British network has just aired in early 2022. I am not sure when US viewers can access the 3rd season after a cliffhanger Season 2 finale. A very gripping drama staring Nicola Walker (Unforgotten). The story line involves a family of lawyers in a "family law" practice who have their own family problems": think divorce law, infidelity, family chaos.

Older son is in town and we just exchanged logons to streaming apps (he got my HBOMax and ShowtimeAnytime, I got his appletv. We already shared netflix and prime).

I see Ted Lasso in my future.

You know, now that you describe it that way, there are a lot of similarities between Dropout and Inventing Anna, which we recently watched on Netflix. I would say that Elizabeth Holmes is much more intriguing and it shows her drive and ambition from a young age.

We are three episodes in too. Seen all of Inventing Anna and this is better.

Good Karma Hospital series (season) 4 premiers in the US on Acorn on 21 March so we're re-watching series 3 to refresh our memories. Series 3 ended with a surprise cliffhanger so we are anxious to get started on #4.

We are three episodes in too. Seen all of Inventing Anna and this is better.

We have been trying to power through "Inventing Anna" and it's been tough. They are stretching the storyline out way too long and the music...it gives me headaches. Not sure we will ever finish it. We thought about watching "Dropout" but saw the 20/20 show on it last week and I don't think I can watch it with her unauthentic deep/masculine voice that Holmes had/has.

We have been trying to power through "Inventing Anna" and it's been tough. They are stretching the storyline out way too long and the music...it gives me headaches. Not sure we will ever finish it. We thought about watching "Dropout" but saw the 20/20 show on it last week and I don't think I can watch it with her unauthentic deep/masculine voice that Holmes had/has.

Exflyboy5, give Dropout a chance. As Kcowan said it is better than Anna and the actress Amanda Seyfried is so believable as Elizabeth Holmes. I like these true-life business stories about high-flyers who are brought down by their own arrogance and the way they treat people.
Next week, Apple TV+ is premiering "WeWreck" the story of Adam Neumann and his We Work empire. From the previews, it looks to be another good one!

Just watched the Adam Project (movie) on Netflix. It was very good with a great cast and an interesting science fiction story. It had some of the time travel concepts from Back to the Future but with a very heart-warming story. Have the tissues ready.

Watched The Tourist on Prime. Very strange, but interesting.

"A man wakes up in the Australian Outback with no recollection of who he is, and he must try to piece together his memory as merciless figures from his past pursue him."

Jamie Dornan and Danielle Macdonald. Set in Australia although Jamie Dornan is British (Fifty Shades of Grey).

Drive to Survive season 4 (last year F1 season) dropped on Friday..I could’ve binged the whole thing in a couple of days but trying to pace myself to make it last longer..can’t wait for next season with HAAS kicking Mazespin and Ural Kali money from the team when they really need that sponsorship money..fascinating behind the scene look into live in the F1 world…

2 episodes left for watching Inventing Anna. Have surprisingly got into it, although a bit drawn out.

Not a new series but I've started "Fringe" on IMDB TV.

I loved the X-Files. Fringe is a rip-off of the X-Files. FBI agents investigating strange phenomenon. A hint of a shadowy powerful group involved in a conspiracy. A character that's roughly the equivalent of the Cigarette Smoking Man. On and on it goes.

You'd think I'd be mad that someone was ripping off one of my favorite shows, but I'm not. Fringe is pretty good so far (I'm 5 episodes into S1) and everything I've read about it says it gets much, much better.

I started watching Clickbait on Netflix last night.

A family man goes missing, and the search is on. Each episode is told from the point of view of a different character (sister, wife, detective, etc) so you get a different "spin" in each one.

It is a limited series, so has 8 episodes in total. I like that, because I don't have to wait too long for all the questions to be answered.

I'm halfway through and so far I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
I just started watching "Yukon Men," a series about the residents of a small village in Alaska and what they do to forge a life for themselves - fascinating. I just finished catching up on "Bull," a series about a psychologist & his team who use techniques to screen jurors & win verdicts for their clients. I consider both of these shows gems, very interesting TV.

Watched the first episode of "Severance" (Apple TV). The concept is interesting (lose memories of your personal life and gain memories of your work life when you go to work, vice versa when you leave work), but the first episode moved slow for me. But I'll keep watching.

Good Karma Hospital series (season) 4 premiers in the US on Acorn on 21 March so we're re-watching series 3 to refresh our memories. Series 3 ended with a surprise cliffhanger so we are anxious to get started on #4.

One of DW favorite shows. She has started on Season 4 and says it is good..:greetings10:

Very much not a new series, started watching Generation Kill on HBOMax and enjoying it. Binged the new Boys cartoon series, Diabolical, on Prime, it was good, one episode was done by Garth Ennis and REALLY matched the comics well (he's the writer of the comics). I also binged all of The Legend of Vox Machina straight which was really fun. I'm generally not able to sit through D&D Podcasts (I'd rather run my own game than listen to other people), but adapting it into a cartoon series was great and I'm looking forward to the next season.

Just finished season 2 of "Raised by Wolves" on HBOMax. The episode dropped 5 hours ago. :)

This show is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom