What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

...BTW even if you hate Seth MacFarlane, give The Orville a chance. When social media started to buzz about The Orville doing Star Trek better than Star Trek, you have to think they took notice. A new season of The Orville is dropping soon.

Hate is too strong a word but I have to say that we enjoyed the last season season of The Orville. the first season was played for laughs but they played it mostly straight in S2. too bad we won't be able to see S3...we don't get Hulu.

Star Trek probably deserves its own thread. I don't get Paramount+, but Strange New Worlds may pull me in. Everyone seems to like it.

Dropping HBO max after nearly a year, and was looking for another streaming service. Was intrigued by Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on Paramount+, and think that is enough to pull me in. Having both Anson Mount and Miles Teller in a Star Trek series sounds like it could be very good.

Looking forward to season 3 of The Oroville, currently expected on Hulu 6/2/22, but they keep moving the date. It’s Seth McFarlane’s take on Star Trek.

I generally like dystopia, but it has gotten out of hand. Way too much. Besides the knock out SFX, there was a reason Star Wars was so popular. Times were tough and people needed an uplifting story. It's time for that again.

BTW even if you hate Seth MacFarlane, give The Orville a chance. When social media started to buzz about The Orville doing Star Trek better than Star Trek, you have to think they took notice. A new season of The Orville is dropping soon.

Thanks for reminding me about The Orville. I never watched it when it aired on network TV, but I have Hulu so I can catch it now. :D

Dropping HBO max after nearly a year, and was looking for another streaming service. Was intrigued by Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on Paramount+, and think that is enough to pull me in. Having both Anson Mount and Miles Teller in a Star Trek series sounds like it could be very good.

Looking forward to season 3 of The Oroville, currently expected on Hulu 6/2/22, but they keep moving the date. It’s Seth McFarlane’s take on Star Trek.

I find decent value in Paramount+. I'm still going through a lot of Star Trek. They have the entire catalog as it is slowly disappearing from Netflix as contracts expire.

Paramount+ occasionally has special offers. I'm currently paying $2.15 per month after using an offer.

And you can always easily drop it.

I generally like dystopia, but it has gotten out of hand. Way too much. Besides the knock out SFX, there was a reason Star Wars was so popular. Times were tough and people needed an uplifting story. It's time for that again.

BTW even if you hate Seth MacFarlane, give The Orville a chance. When social media started to buzz about The Orville doing Star Trek better than Star Trek, you have to think they took notice. A new season of The Orville is dropping soon.

I love The Orville! Hadn't heard of the new season but I'll be watching. T O is an irrelevant iteration of ST but done very well.

Oh no. Now I've gone and done it. :facepalm::facepalm:

I watched two episodes of Madam Secretary last night, and now I want to watch the rest.

Why oh why did I start this right after getting hooked on Ozark?

At least I won't run out of "treadmill" shows for a long, long time.

Last edited:

I watched two episodes of Madame Secretary last night, and now I want to watch the rest.

I love it when I find shows with multiple seasons already recorded. It's a pain to go find the next good show (and learn all the characters, etc.)

I love it when I find shows with multiple seasons already recorded. It's a pain to go find the next good show (and learn all the characters, etc.)

I agree.

The more seasons, the better. I throw a couple episodes up on my tablet and knock out a few miles on the treadmill.

I am the same way with mystery series in books - when I discover an author with a dozen or more titles in a series, I am a happy camper! :D

(Re: Picard season 2) Well, that didn't last long. First two episodes were great and then the series devolved...

...dumb and impossible things start happening in the plot line

Reminds me of that song:

"We're running with the shadows of the night
So baby, take my hand, you'll be alright
Surrender all your dreams to me tonight
They'll come true in the end."

We finished the final episode of Ozark when my DW mentioned she has never seen the first season. Huh? don't know how that happened but we watched the 1st one last night. Forgot how intense it was. We may just continue.

I watched the first episode of “Murderville” with Will Arnett. It’s an unscripted show with a new guest star each episode, entirely improvised, where Arnett is a police detective investigating a murder. It’s funny and different. Netflix

Recently finished Slow Horses on Apple TV. A very good series with more to come. Worth watching just for Gary Oldman's performance.

Also watched and enjoyed Annika on PBS, a police procedural starring Nicola Walker set in Glasgow. Interesting stories with minimal graphic violence and a fair amount of humor.

Joe Pickett series begins streaming on Paramount+ on May 15th. I read it was the highest rated series on Spectrum to date. And has already been renewed for a season 2. I am excited to view it.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds episode 2 dropped today, and I'll say they are staying the course as set in ep 1. Very hopeful they won't mess it up.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds episode 2 dropped today, and I'll say they are staying the course as set in ep 1. Very hopeful they won't mess it up.

That's good news. I'll probably watch it tonight.

I watched episode 9 of Picard Season 2 last night. This was jaw dropping bad. I looked up this episode on IMDB and it got a 5.4 rating. That was generous.

I've come this far so I will finish the season tonight. I'm expecting another deus ex machina resolution to the crew's predicament.

Stumbled upon Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. My wife and I really enjoyed Bosch seasons 1-7 and this picks up where the original series left off. They dropped 4 episodes last week and a new one every Friday.

I started watching Moon Night on Disney Plus. I read some of the comics as a kid and they are making it a fun series.

I'm sure someone has mentioned The Staircase (HBO) but I can't dig back thru 174 picard and star trek posts to find it. Colin Firth and Toni Collette. 3 episodes up so far, more to come weekly I guess.

Anyway, in addition to the series, there's a doc now on Netflix by the same name, which is shown being filmed in the HBO miniseries, and it's remarkable how similar the two shows are in the casting, the script, the set, etc.

It's not a series, but I just watched Mincemeat on Netflix. Very good drama about how the British fooled the Germans into thinking the invasion of Sicily would be the invasion of Greece.

It makes me wonder what is really going on behind the scenes in Ukraine.

It's not a series, but I just watched Mincemeat on Netflix. Very good drama about how the British fooled the Germans into thinking the invasion of Sicily would be the invasion of Greece.

It makes me wonder what is really going on behind the scenes in Ukraine.

Yes, we watched this movie last night. It was very good. I had no knowledge of this historical episode surrounding the Sicily invasion.

That's good news. I'll probably watch it tonight.

I watched episode 9 of Picard Season 2 last night. This was jaw dropping bad. I looked up this episode on IMDB and it got a 5.4 rating. That was generous.

I've come this far so I will finish the season tonight. I'm expecting another deus ex machina resolution to the crew's predicament.

I have a free year of Paramount + through my T-Mobile account.

However, I don't know if Star Trek is a big enough of a draw for me.

I liked Picard season 1 well enough but season 2 reviews and viewer reaction seems lukewarm at best.

Same was true of that other Star Trek show on PP.

They announced some interesting original series slated for 2022, like a Frasier reboot. But they have no definite release date and Frasier as far as I know haven't shot one second or have a confirmed cast or scripts yet.

I'm sure someone has mentioned The Staircase (HBO) but I can't dig back thru 174 picard and star trek posts to find it. Colin Firth and Toni Collette. 3 episodes up so far, more to come weekly I guess.

Anyway, in addition to the series, there's a doc now on Netflix by the same name, which is shown being filmed in the HBO miniseries, and it's remarkable how similar the two shows are in the casting, the script, the set, etc.

Maybe all of us Trek fans should start our own thread?

I watched two episodes of Madam Secretary last night, and now I want to watch the rest.

Madame Secretary (along with West Wing) is one of my favorite series, in my opinion they were both good series all the way through.

Back
Top Bottom