What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Frasier reboot? sign me up! One of our favorite series of all times. Don't know how they'll be able to do it with all of the sensitivities now.

I have a free year of Paramount + through my T-Mobile account.

However, I don't know if Star Trek is a big enough of a draw for me.

I liked Picard season 1 well enough but season 2 reviews and viewer reaction seems lukewarm at best.

Same was true of that other Star Trek show on PP.

They announced some interesting original series slated for 2022, like a Frasier reboot. But they have no definite release date and Frasier as far as I know haven't shot one second or have a confirmed cast or scripts yet.

So you get it for free but you comment about a "enough of a draw?" What do you have to lose to watch an episode?

For those who do not have Paramount+, I can understand their reluctance to invest in watching Star Trek. I don't have Disney+ because I'm not sure The Mandalorian is enough of a draw. But I'd have to pay for Disney+.

I have Paramount+ for $2.15 per month. They had a deal and DW signed up while I canceled my $5+ per month account. This is one thing I despise about streaming - you have to game the system.

I guess the risk with the T-Mobile freebie is the danger of getting hooked?

Those of you who've watched Cobra Kai...I mostly enjoyed the first season, showing what happened to the characters from the movie many years later. But it seems like while they did a good job tying the show to the movie, the rest of the show seems cheesy and contrived. Much of it a p!ssing contest between the two guys and that's getting old. It's almost like they have some clever people doing the basic outline, and then they hand it off to some middle school boys to finish the scripts.

I'm partway through the second season now. My question is whether it's worth continuing, or will it just be more of the same?

I hope the haircut on Johnny's kid never catches on.

Frasier reboot? sign me up! One of our favorite series of all times. Don't know how they'll be able to do it with all of the sensitivities now.

50/50 chance the reboot flops. it's pretty tough 'to go home again'. thinking back to the Adam-12 and WKRP reboots. there are others but those are the two that immediately come to mind.

Those of you who've watched Cobra Kai...I mostly enjoyed the first season, showing what happened to the characters from the movie many years later. But it seems like while they did a good job tying the show to the movie, the rest of the show seems cheesy and contrived. Much of it a p!ssing contest between the two guys and that's getting old. It's almost like they have some clever people doing the basic outline, and then they hand it off to some middle school boys to finish the scripts.

I'm partway through the second season now. My question is whether it's worth continuing, or will it just be more of the same?

Well, I’ve enjoyed every season of Cobra Kai. But the rivalry between the two guys does indeed continue. No doubt it’s cheesy. But it’s well done cheesy that leaves me smiling and feeling good.

Well, I’ve enjoyed every season of Cobra Kai. But the rivalry between the two guys does indeed continue. No doubt it’s cheesy. But it’s well done cheesy that leaves me smiling and feeling good.
Thanks. I guess as long as it doesn't get worse I'll keep watching.

Not a new series but I'm enjoying re-watching La Femme Nikita on Tubi. Not the newer Nikita show with Maggie Q, but the late 90s one with Peta Wilson.

Me too. I thought the first season was hilarious, but it got old really quickly and I only watched one episode of the 2nd season. The acting was kind of bad too. Obviously, YMMV as it has such good ratings.

So you get it for free but you comment about a "enough of a draw?" What do you have to lose to watch an episode?

For those who do not have Paramount+, I can understand their reluctance to invest in watching Star Trek. I don't have Disney+ because I'm not sure The Mandalorian is enough of a draw. But I'd have to pay for Disney+.

I have Paramount+ for $2.15 per month. They had a deal and DW signed up while I canceled my $5+ per month account. This is one thing I despise about streaming - you have to game the system.

I guess the risk with the T-Mobile freebie is the danger of getting hooked?

Going to be traveling some over the summer so that's one reason I don't want to do it right now.

Plus I figure the later I do it, the more chances they get better content on there.

They also give a free year of Apple TV + that I've also been holding off on.

Rewatching Breaking Bad. Re-started Ozark season two that I quit, but am enjoying it again. DW REALLY enjoyed The Stranger on Netflix. I just watched the first episode and will continue.

Last night I watched the first episode of “The Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix. The story line is based on a Michael Connelly novel. It was ok, and I’ll probably watch all 10 episodes, but something was a bit off to me. Could be the acting or the director, but so far the characters don’t quite match the book or the movie from which this series is based.

Last night I watched the first episode of “The Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix. The story line is based on a Michael Connelly novel. It was ok, and I’ll probably watch all 10 episodes, but something was a bit off to me. Could be the acting or the director, but so far the characters don’t quite match the book or the movie from which this series is based.

The lawyer character in Lincoln Lawyer is a 1/2 brother of detective Bosch. Connelly wrote several books where the two worked together. The book where they meet is very interesting and I recommend it. IIRC, the title is The Brass Verdict.

A show that combined both could be great.

Last edited:
Like MichaelB, we watch the first 3 episodes of The Lincoln Lawyer. We enjoyed it and will finish the season.

Not a new series but I'm enjoying re-watching La Femme Nikita on Tubi. Not the newer Nikita show with Maggie Q, but the late 90s one with Peta Wilson.
We liked the Peta Wilson La Femme Nikita series as well. I liked Madeline and Micheal. I want to re-watch.

I'm on a Disney Plus trial and they have The Beatles, Get Back 2021. Seven hours of movie in three parts. If you like or love The Beatles you will love this series. It is like watching genius at work as they create songs. Gives real insight on how they interacted and the tensions they dealt with. 5 stars.

Has anybody started watching Shining Girls with Elizabeth Moss on Apple TV+?

Just wow :eek: I still haven't figured out exactly what's going on (waching EP4), but I am really enjoying this.

Just wow :eek: I still haven't figured out exactly what's going on (waching EP4), but I am really enjoying this.

Yes! Apple TV + is coming out with several interesting series. Netflix and Prime are on the back burner lately. Elizebeth Moss directs this series for the most part. There's Severance, Tehran (subtitled), Slow Horses, The Essex Serpent, and some upcoming series that look good.

I'm waiting for the next episode to drop for Shining Girls. It gets better.

Yes, I'm watching it too and although somewhat confusing with alternate realities, it is very good. Elizabeth Moss is a great actress and its good to see her in another drama since The Handmaids Tale.

Yes, I'm watching it too and although somewhat confusing with alternate realities, it is very good. Elizabeth Moss is a great actress and its good to see her in another drama since The Handmaids Tale.

Yes, I agree, it's nice to see her in something other than the HT, but do you see the same expressions on her face in Shiny Girls? (It's the same actress, so obviously!) Her unfocused downward gaze is so spooky! She almost transforms herself into June Osbourne from the HT when she does that in Shiny Girls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom