What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Finally started the first season of The Expanse. Whipped through 4 episodes last night. This will keep us busy for awhile, there are 4 seasons. Really enjoy it so far.

The Ozark series is fantastic, of course one needs to start from the beginning to view it best.

I do like on some series, when a new season starts they give a recap of what happened to refresh my memory as it can be a year or more since I saw the last season. Ozark does NOT do that.

A netflix series we just finished was: DARK
It involves time travel, which might not follow the same rule(s) as some other time travel stories (which may be wrong about the rule). It can be a little confusing at times but it was a terrific series we enjoyed.

In the middle of Season 1 of Designated Survivor. I made some earlier comments about the first few episodes being a bit (a lot) unrealistic. That still holds true, but somehow the series is still interesting enough to watch, or, maybe, we have too much time on our hands.:D

In the middle of Season 1 of Designated Survivor. I made some earlier comments about the first few episodes being a bit (a lot) unrealistic. That still holds true, but somehow the series is still interesting enough to watch, or, maybe, we have too much time on our hands.:D

Yup. I really wanted to look like it. It’s Jack Bauer after all. But I gave up on Designated Survivor after season 1. It was a little slow plot progression. And unrealistic as you said. And on top of that a bit preachy and just silly. And the character is pretty much the anti Jack Bauer

The Ozark series is fantastic, of course one needs to start from the beginning to view it best.

I do like on some series, when a new season starts they give a recap of what happened to refresh my memory as it can be a year or more since I saw the last season. Ozark does NOT do that.

A netflix series we just finished was: DARK
It involves time travel, which might not follow the same rule(s) as some other time travel stories (which may be wrong about the rule). It can be a little confusing at times but it was a terrific series we enjoyed.

Season 3 of Ozark did have a recap.

I felt the same. The big problem I had with Hunters was that the general "comic book" production style came across to me as trivializing what was serious and tragic subject matter. Very disrespectful, I thought. A shallow treatment.
Yeah - really a shame considering the powerful material. They were more interested in jewish jokes.

Last edited:
Finally started the first season of The Expanse. Whipped through 4 episodes last night. This will keep us busy for awhile, there are 4 seasons. Really enjoy it so far.
We watched all there were at the time, after having read the books. Pretty good TV sci-fi. I need to check if they have released any more. We finished season 1 of ST Discovery, and IMO they took the story line into the dust bin 2/3 of the way through, but managed to pull it out, weakly, at the end. Still going for S2.

Yup. I really wanted to look like it. It’s Jack Bauer after all. But I gave up on Designated Survivor after season 1. It was a little slow plot progression. And unrealistic as you said. And on top of that a bit preachy and just silly. And the character is pretty much the anti Jack Bauer
Same here (S1 and a few S2), but DW continues to watch. You do need to suspend logic to enjoy it, hehe!

In the middle of Season 1 of Designated Survivor. I made some earlier comments about the first few episodes being a bit (a lot) unrealistic. That still holds true, but somehow the series is still interesting enough to watch...

Wow, my feelings, exactly. I watched DS when it was on ABC. The plot had several mini-arcs occurring simultaneously. Some were intriguing, some were boring. The show was just good enough to stay with it. Finished S2 via DVR.

It moved to Netflix for S3 and I watched the first couple episodes and gave up.

Wow, my feelings, exactly. I watched DS when it was on ABC. The plot had several mini-arcs occurring simultaneously. Some were intriguing, some were boring. The show was just good enough to stay with it. Finished S2 via DVR.

It moved to Netflix for S3 and I watched the first couple episodes and gave up.

Bold by me, and that is pretty much were we are. Every episode I can find a dozen things that don't pass the logic smell test. But there is enough there, we will probably finish it out.

With the free HBO streaming, I’m recording and watching Sopranos. Not exactly new. But I never saw it. I’m through season 1. I really like it, except for the excessive amount of F bombs. But the story is good and actually humorous at times. I enjoy the whole mobster at home with his family aspect. Looking forward to five more seasons of it.

Ozark! I started watching the show based on recommendations on this post. It is really good! Intense
I am on Season 3, Episode 5.

I got 60 day trial of CBS All Access the other day (sign-up gets 30 days free and a second code "GIFT" gets another 30).

You might want to log in and check your account.
CBS has a habit of removing your second free month, and reportedly even charging your CC a few days before the billing date they list on free trials.

I checked my and sure enough, they removed the 2nd free month, so I have to binge watch big time :LOL:

The new season of Bosch, baby!

We will watch the final episode tonight. For sure, this is the best season yet. I previously thought that "Bosch" missed the "mark" in some way -- not bad but not terrific either. This season is spot on.

CBS has a habit of removing your second free month, and reportedly even charging your CC a few days before the billing date they list on free trials.

I checked my and sure enough, they removed the 2nd free month, so I have to binge watch big time :LOL:

I suspect for this to work you would need a second 30 day trial with a different email address..

"Silicon Valley". Started it last weekend and have binged the first two seasons in a week. About half an hour per episode, it goes quick.

Story is about a 25 year old computer genius that comes up with a new lossless compression algorithm that promises to revolutionize computing and content delivery. When the guy shows his compression idea to a couple of programmers at Google, er, Hooli, the company realizes it is a game changer and try to buy his idea. Such a revolutionary idea can't be contained and pretty soon there is a bidding war between venture capitalists.

Executive producer is Mike Judge the guy behind the 1999 movie "Office Space" and also the animated TV series "King of the Hill." He's taken his game to a new level.

The plot covers all the usual fits and starts of a start-up company, with heavy, heavy, doses of satire. CEO, CTO's, lawyers, insipid marketing ideas, trendy management ideas, etc. all get skewered.

Example: The CEO of Google, er, Hooli, has a spiritual consultant follow him around and counsel him. At one point the CEO asks his guru, "Do I surround myself with spineless sycophants that only say things I want to hear?" After considering it too long the guru unconvincingly says, "no..."

Since the main characters are 20-something males there are a lot of F-bombs, crude sexual talk, and general raunchiness. This is off-putting to me but the underlying story and spot-on ridiculing of the tech industry is too good to let these distractions get in the way.

Two thumbs, way up!

Last edited:
I suspect for this to work you would need a second 30 day trial with a different email address..

I entered the code but never got the second free month... I suspect because we are not first time subscribers... we had CBS All-Access last summer for a few months.

No worries though... we're finished watching Picard and may cancel before our 30 days is up.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it.

I'm done with Picard and through 1.3 seasons of Discovery. At first, I thought I'd like Discovery better, but I'd say both are middling. With respect to Discovery, there have been a few episodes I liked, but the show has too many misfits and flawed characters for me. I really am not into listening to a bunch of whining. And for me, long battle scenes, whether in space or hand to hand combat while the set crumble around them are quite boring, as are long heart-to-heart scenes where the story hasn't supported the relationship. The ones directed by Frakes are a knotch better, but unlike STNG, the story line is woven through all seasons, so you must watch them all or be lost.

We watched the first episode of Run on HBO--One episode a week is dropping. I'm sure we'll continue. Good credentials, intriguing premise. https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/run-series
The one episode part is hard. I'm so used to watching 3,4,5 episodes at a time. When Game of Thrones ended, I went back and watched a whole season. So much better, fewer questions about what happened 3-4 weeks ago.
I may let this series air completely, then watch.

Back
Top Bottom