What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I think I endorsed Hannibal on Netflix a while back. I officially take back that recommendation. Season 3 starts out with an interesting curveball from what occurred at the end of season 2. I won't spoiler alert, but for DW and I, things got a bit esoteric. Not sure if that is the best word to describe, but we felt maybe we missed an episode or two and were a bit lost in the plot. Too many psychological parables. We have two episodes to be done and are not looking forward to watching them. But we made it this far and feel compelled to finish this thing.
I agree! I liked season 1, I really liked season 2, season 3... what the?! It's unwatchable - I've given up and have no interest in finishing the season.

Thinking about watching The Flight Attendant on Prime. A friend highly recommends it. Says it’s Hitchcockian.

DW and I watched the first two episodes last night. It is an interesting story.

I'm not sure where this is going for a multi-season story, though. I can see some possibilities, but the story seems more appropriate for a movie.

We'll see, maybe they'll surprise.

Last edited:
DW and I watched the first two episodes last night. It is an interesting story.

I'm not sure where this is going for a multi-season story, though. I can see some possibilities, but the story seems more appropriate for a movie.

We'll see, maybe they'll surprise.

Far as I know, it's a one-season thing.

But if it gets a lot of viewers on top of the pretty good reviews, maybe they will look to come up with additional stories for another season or two.

I started watching Kara Para Aşk (English: Black Money Love) on Netflix (not exactly a new series - ran 2014 / 2015). After watching a few episodes, I decided that this Turkish series was shaping up to be a competent murder mystery which I hoped would wrap up in 10 to 16 episodes. Both Netflix and wikipedia claim there are 164 episodes - ouch! :facepalm:

After 40 years, I had forgotten how beautiful Turkish women can be. My first expatriation was in Sweden while I was in my late teens. Before my summer internship in Stockholm, I traveled around Europe using youth hostels. I met an exotic young Turkish woman in a hostel and we had a brief "fling". She showed me a photo of her family home, which was perched high on a hill overlooking the Bosphorus. I assumed that she was trying to communicate that her family was wealthy, and after watching some of Black Money Love perhaps I was correct. Her family home was actually much nicer than the supposed-rich family's home in BML. Maybe she was a princess! :eek: I should have dropped everything and married her! :D Back then, I thought it was unusual for a pretty young woman to be traveling around Europe alone ... maybe she was a rebellious young princess (even better!) :flowers:

Last edited:
I started watching Kara Para Aşk (English: Black Money Love) on Netflix (not exactly a new series - ran 2014 / 2015). After watching a few episodes, I decided that this Turkish series was shaping up to be a competent murder mystery which I hoped would wrap up in 10 to 16 episodes. Both Netflix and wikipedia claim there are 164 episodes - ouch! :facepalm:

After 40 years, I had forgotten how beautiful Turkish women can be. My first expatriation was in Sweden while I was in my late teens. Before my summer internship in Stockholm, I traveled around Europe using youth hostels. I met an exotic young Turkish woman in a hostel and we had a brief "fling". She showed me a photo of her family home, which was perched high on a hill overlooking the Bosphorus. I assumed that she was trying to communicate that her family was wealthy, and after watching some of Black Money Love perhaps I was correct. Her family home was actually much nicer than the supposed-rich family's home in BML. Maybe she was a princess! :eek: I should have dropped everything and married her! :D Back then, I thought it was unusual for a pretty young woman to be traveling around Europe alone ... maybe she was a rebellious young princess (even better!) :flowers:

This thread is useless without pictures.

Stumbled across "Sound Exploder" on Netflix a much see for anyone who is interested in the creative process of music artists...a second season was released today and it's an A+...20 to 25 minutes episodes for each artist.

The Line of Duty series on Prime was just great IMO.

One of my favorites. Also, DCI Banks, Endeavor. Started watching The Bill and am enjoying that almost as much as Line of Duty.

Also, as a change from British police dramas, we liked Yellowstone on Peacock.

Line of Duty is very good with lots of interesting twists and turns.

However, I didn't know that there were so many crooked, disfunctional police officers in the UK. That takes a bit of the gloss off of being British.

Watched the first two episodes of The Flight Attendant (9 episodes in total). Other than excessive flashbacks, it is involves sex, booze and secret lives.

I think TFA has 8 episodes, and episode 8 dropped today. Don't spoil it! We binged up through 7 by last night.

I've hardened myself to swearing. Even "Away" had swearing. In the case of TFA, it is more fitting. The only problem is afterward DW and I start adding F-bombs in every sentence. Rubs off on ya.

So far it has been a pretty compelling series. Let's see how this season ends.

Finished The Flight Attendant.

It was worth the eight episode investment.

I started watching season 4 of the Expanse, and maybe it's me, but the main characters seemed like they were just phoning it in. I think at the time they were filming season 4, there was a transition to AMZN Prime from the Sci-Fi Network, so there may have been some degree of uncertainty whether the show would continue.

Despite the pandemic, I haven't had time to get back to it (between w*rk, kids and chores, rarely do I have an uninterrupted 45 minute period to watch anything).
The Expanse, Season 5. The first 3 episodes are available on Prime.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/episodes?season=5&ref_=tt_eps_sn_5
Seems to be holding up so far.

I've tried to watch the Expanse at least 3 times and can't get past the first episode.

I have been watching "Ballers" since I like sports, know a few people who have worked as or for sports agents, and like Duane "the Rock" Johnson from his WWE days. If one can deal with the language and occasional NSFW visuals (realistic according to the folks I know in the business), it is interesting.

I just finished "The Innocents" on Netflix. 8 episodes, set in England and Norway. It's about a young girl with an unusual ability (not super hero stuff), trying to figure out what's going on. The final episode explains a lot, but but a lot is left hanging. I'm hoping for a 2nd season but season 1 is from 2018 so maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom