What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Stumbled across "Sound Exploder" on Netflix a much see for anyone who is interested in the creative process of music artists...a second season was released today and it's an A+...20 to 25 minutes episodes for each artist.
Thanks I will have to check it out. I believe the series is called "Song Exploder" however.

Thanks I will have to check it out. I believe the series is called "Song Exploder" however.

You are correct. Don't know if it was fat fingers or autofill:facepalm:

I've been watching the series Imposters on Netflix. This lightweight crime caper / comedy has been mentioned on this thread before. It features the lovely Israeli actress Inbar Lavi. I really gotta start watching shows featuring women my own age :LOL:.

Watching this series reminds me that I should re-watch the classic caper film The Sting one of these days. :popcorn:

Season 6 of Shitt's Creek just dropped on Netflix. Now I just gotta keep from binge-watching the whole season.

Season 6 of Shitt's Creek just dropped on Netflix. Now I just gotta keep from binge-watching the whole season.

It's suppose to be the final season isn't it?

It's suppose to be the final season isn't it?

Correct.

Its nice, in a way, to see shows stop when they are doing well. Wrap it up, take a bow, and go out on a high note. Too many shows try to milk it for too long.

Also be sure to watch the documentary on the making of the show.

Correct.

Its nice, in a way, to see shows stop when they are doing well. Wrap it up, take a bow, and go out on a high note. Too many shows try to milk it for too long.

Also be sure to watch the documentary on the making of the show.

Yes, I agree. Be sure to watch that SC documentary, “Best Wishes, Warmest Regards.” It’s interesting and heartfelt, AND helps take the sting out of the show being over.

Not trying to derail the thread with this observation. Whenever I watch something brand new (to me), one thing that turns me off is when characters act so stupidly that they cause their own misery - and that misery is the premise of the episode (or the entire show). I know people act stupid in real life, but that's something I try to avoid. Can't see why I would be entertained by it....

Not trying to derail the thread with this observation. Whenever I watch something brand new (to me), one thing that turns me off is when characters act so stupidly that they cause their own misery - and that misery is the premise of the episode (or the entire show). I know people act stupid in real life, but that's something I try to avoid. Can't see why I would be entertained by it....

Be sure to avoid "Big Sky".

And don't ever watch "Under the Dome."

The Flight Attendant... I knew chances were small for the main character to violently die, but I was still hoping - that's how annoying that woman was.

The Flight Attendant... I knew chances were small for the main character to violently die, but I was still hoping - that's how annoying that woman was.

Kaley Cuoco is one of my favorite people in Hollywood. I have been a fan of hers since she was 16 in "8 Simple Rules". I have liked her in everything she has done and she has been one of the most successful sitcom actors ever. The Flight Attendant showed she has good acting skills beyond just comedy. She has been a major part of over 500 episodes of good quality TV before the age of 35. Nothing to dislike.

I know what you mean. I'd have killed Gilligan after the third time he screwed up the rescue, and Lucy would have been in divorce court as soon as she got the bowling ball off her toe.

Kaley Cuoco is one of my favorite people in Hollywood. I have been a fan of hers since she was 16 in "8 Simple Rules". I have liked her in everything she has done and she has been one of the most successful sitcom actors ever. The Flight Attendant showed she has good acting skills beyond just comedy. She has been a major part of over 500 episodes of good quality TV before the age of 35. Nothing to dislike.

Ha! It just goes to show how different tastes can be. I absolutely cannot stand her. I feel like she’s played the same ditzy ‘character’ in everything. We only made it through two episodes of TFA before we turned it off. Though with all of the raves I think we’re going to give it another try. Maybe I’ll become a convert after all. :)

I've never seen Kaley Cuoco in anything.

Thought she carried TFA pretty well.

There is going to be a second season and now that she supposedly recognizes her alcohol problems, they're going to have to come up with some other things for her to obsess about.

Probably need more side plots for the secondary characters.

i just finished 2 series that i got from the library ( i believe they are both on acorn tv). the first was an 8 episode single season called the disappearance. it is a swedish series with english subtitles about the disappearance of a 17 year old girl. the other one was called london kills. first season has only 5 episodes. it is a murder mystery. each episode begins with a different murder and of course at the end they tie them all together. waiting for the second season to arrive at the library. both are very good.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Sitcoms are just not funny to me, perhaps because the producers think the homes need to be followed by a laugh track to tell me when to laugh. I much prefer shows that keep me guessing or make me think.
I know what you mean. I'd have killed Gilligan after the third time he screwed up the rescue, and Lucy would have been in divorce court as soon as she got the bowling ball off her toe.

The Queen's Gambit

I've been on a viewing binge, instead of fretting about things I can't control. Many thanks to some really good suggestions here.

The best recent suggestion was The Queen's Gambit. For anyone else on the fence wondering if you should watch it, well, put down the keyboard and watch it now!

We also suggested it to dubious friends ("Come on, a show about chess?") and they all ended up going on serious binges. It is a compelling story.

The story is great. The message is good, with obvious references to recent societal issues of significance. However, it does this is a way that doesn't rely on character monologues that dump the issue in your face and then rub it in. (I'm looking at you, Star Trek Discovery/Picard.)

I think most here will like the late 50s and 60s era aesthetic. There are a few anachronistic glitches, but overall it puts you in the time period. Not bad considering it is mostly produced in Germany.

You don't need to know anything about chess. I liked it at one time, but after my cousin dismembered me one too many times, I gave it up. My cousin was a talented artist, and he described "seeing" chess just like it is depicted in the movie. Really cool stuff.

Raised by Wolves

Any sci-fi fan needs to watch Raised by Wolves. All others use caution. This is not for everyone.

It is very much a Ridley Scott production. To me it is Prometheus meets Lord of the Flies with a little Terminator thrown in, and spiced by The Time Machine, 2001 A Space Odyssey and Eraserhead. Why not?

This show is not for children in any way shape or form. Way too intense. Not anything you'd want to watch with the grandkids. You've been warned.

Last edited:
Loved the Queen’s Gambit. I would see the series as a trending show but just wasn’t drawn to it. After reading suggestions here, I watched it.
Loved the era and her clothes. The main character was complicated and flawed. Well acted.

Any sci-fi fan needs to watch Raised by Wolves. All others use caution. This is not for everyone.

It is very much a Ridley Scott production. To me it is Prometheus meets Lord of the Flies with a little Terminator thrown in, and spiced by The Time Machine, 2001 A Space Odyssey and Eraserhead. Why not?

This show is not for children in any way shape or form. Way too intense. Not anything you'd want to watch with the grandkids. You've been warned.

One of the best TV series we've watched recently. The best sci-fi of 2020.

Back
Top Bottom