What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Watched "Dark City (The Cleaner)" Life from the perspective of a serial killer. Funny in parts, a little tongue in cheek, quite entertaining.

"www.JustWatch.Com "Dark City The Cleaner"".

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I am working my way through 14 seasons of Blue Bloods on Paramount +. Entertaining cop show with Tom Selleck.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I am working my way through 14 seasons of Blue Bloods on Paramount +. Entertaining cop show with Tom Selleck.
Almost 300 episodes. That's quite an investment of time watching to make to a single series. I try not to get into anything with so many episodes - made that mistake with Heartland a few years back, which still continues. Watched Gunsmoke several years ago, that was over 600 episodes, but earlier years' episodes fit the half hour time slot.

This is the final season for Blue Bloods Fridays on CBS. New epis on Paramount + the next day.

Finished Bass Reeves on P+. I liked it. Another Taylor Sheridan series.

Started watching "Renegade Nell" Seems like a good wholesome whimsical show with some fantasy.

"A quick-witted and courageous young woman framed for murder unexpectedly becomes the most notorious outlaw in 18th-century England."

No idea where it is streaming as we do not use any streaming services. Justwatch.com will tell you if you need to know.

Started watching "Renegade Nell" Seems like a good wholesome whimsical show with some fantasy.

"A quick-witted and courageous young woman framed for murder unexpectedly becomes the most notorious outlaw in 18th-century England."

No idea where it is streaming as we do not use any streaming services. Justwatch.com will tell you if you need to know.

Disney plus...how do you watch if you don't stream?

Is it on Disney via traditional cable?

I enjoyed "The Tourist" on Netflix - an Irish man wakes up after an auto accident in the Australian Outback with no idea who he is, or why so many people want to kill him. There are lots of plot twists and surprises.

And many laugh-out-loud moments as well. I really liked his character. The show was quite enjoyable.

We're watching Shogun, fantastic production quality but only meh interesting for us, only two episodes left so we'll finish it - maybe something will tie things together and make the investment in time more worthwhile.

We're into season 2 (of 3) of Only Murders in the Building with Steve Martin :), Martin Short :blink: and Selena Gomez ;) - and it's been a fun watch. Just a whodunit with lots of twists and turns. I'd recommend it, on Hulu.

Finaly getting around to watching "Vera" Season 13, a show that is always pleasing and needs little or no introduction.

Yet, another show that I never heard of. Looked it up - it's a UK show.

If you enjoy British detective shows you might want to give Vera a try. It's in my all-time top five detective series.

I believe all 13 seasons are on BritBox now.

Vera is great.

What else we have been watching the past few years . . .

Shetland (another by Ann Cleeves as is Vera). Really good. Quite the place to live.
Lewis is also very good on BritBox
Endeavour (Masterpiece or Prime) Part of the Endeavor, Inspector Morse, Lewis universe.
Annika (Masterpiece) Nicola Walker Mystery per week vs full season of one story
Unforgotten (Masterpiece and Prime) Darker also with Nicola Walker
Astrid (French w/ subtitles) aka Astrid et Raphaelle (I really enjoy this one even with subtitles)
Harry Wild (Acorn) light hearted (Jane Seymour)
Death in Paradise (BritBox). light hearted, no real violence, beautiful scenery
Hinterland (Acorn) Darker, tougher stories
RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) (Masterpiece) I love the characters
Sister Boniface Mysteries (Britbox) light hearted
Professor T (newest version) (Masterpiece) Interesting main character
My Life is Murder (Acorn) (set in New Zealand) Decent weekly mystery
The Brokenwood Mysteries (Acorn) (set in New Zealand) Light, mystery of the week
One Lane Bridge (Acorn) (set in New Zealand) Darker, characters less likable

We also started The Blacklist which we had never watched. Two seasons in. Interesting. Not sure it will stay that way for the full ten :)

Halfway through the 3 Body Problem (I like it)
We finished Reacher, but as many have said I liked the first season more. Still having the bad guys get theirs is satisfying.
Also watched a few episodes of Six Feet Under. Well done.

Signed up for Britbox about 6 months ago for the first time. Folks here recommended Vera. DW & I began trudging through the 13 seasons. We really enjoyed it. But dang, if you’re looking for months to kill watching tv, you can do it with just Vera alone. Each episode is quite long. 13 seasons worth really was a slog.

Not knocking Vera the show at all. We thought it was pretty entertaining. So much so, we pushed through for months. Wonder what else is on Britbox lol. Or anywhere else.

Signed up for Britbox about 6 months ago for the first time. Folks here recommended Vera. DW & I began trudging through the 13 seasons. We really enjoyed it. But dang, if you’re looking for months to kill watching tv, you can do it with just Vera alone. Each episode is quite long. 13 seasons worth really was a slog.

Not knocking Vera the show at all. We thought it was pretty entertaining. So much so, we pushed through for months. Wonder what else is on Britbox lol. Or anywhere else.
I noticed that each season only had 4 or 5 episodes, though, which is not many compared to about everything else. Of course, as I mentioned a few posts back, I don't like to get wrapped up watching anything new that runs for a lot of seasons. I've done that a couple times before with shows 20 seasons and 17+ seasons.

Mr. Bates vs. The Post Office is both gripping and moving. Toby Jones is very good as usual, but the cast has many other familiar names/faces.
We're also looking forward to the next episode of Shogun released today.

Boy, just finished season 1 of 3 Body Problem. Loved it. Best sci-fi I’ve seen in a good while. Can’t wait for season 2.

I recently finished this series on Netflix. I haven't read the books. I've got a serious problem with the plot but to avoid spoilers I'll just leave it at that. The online reviews are more favorable than my own - I'll give it a "C+". :popcorn:

Not new, but new to me:

The Diplomat on Netflix.

It looks like some good escapism for daily treadmill time.

Started "Constellation" Psychological Thriller, about an accident on the ISS. Has kept our interest for 2 episodes, so I think it is a keeper.

Justwatch.com.

Just finished the final season of Billions. Thought it was a great show. Chock full of plot twists, turns, backstabbing and double crossing. Lots of great characters, but Wags had to be my favorite. Good ending to the series as well. Highly recommended.

Watching "Fallout" a Dystopian look at America after the explosion of nuclear bombs 214 years after. A bit odd and in some cases quite grisly, but ticks a few boxes for us at least.

Justwatch.com

+1000
I recently rewatched Six Feet Under all the way through with DW, and I absolutely could not agree with you more, Ian S. I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe how great it is.
I tried watching Six Feet Under because so many people told me how great it was. I only got through 3 episodes and gave up. I didn't find it funny or the slightest bit interesting and I gave it a thumbs down. I know I'm in a very small minority here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom