What We're Making

^^ Looks great Surewhitey! What is that countertop made out of?

It's just paint grade birch with poplar front trim. Painted SW Dovetail semi gloss Urethane Enamel. Very temporary as they'll be living there ~6-12 months.

Last edited:
Nice tool cabinet Ronstar. You make this old woodworker want to try hand-cut dovetails.

Thanks. You should try hand cut dovetails. Adds even more fun to woodworking.

I took a dovetail class a couple of years ago, but didn't try to hand cut dovetails until I made this tool cabinet. Now I'm hooked - probably going to do a lot of hand cut dovetails in the future.

Finally getting around to doing a larger dresser from rift sawn white oak. Hard to see, but the trim is beveled 10 degrees and shows lots of character with the 10 degree cut (think quarter sawn). I'm stepping up my game with the trim vs just edge banding...

On another note, I learned not to shoot a finishing nail under my own nail... Only 1/2"...

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_155129494.jpg
    IMG_20240129_155129494.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240129_155146921.jpg
    IMG_20240129_155146921.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240129_155154812.jpg
    IMG_20240129_155154812.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 15
OMG that looks like it hurt.

I like that idea of a counter on top of washer/dryer. Great Idea.

This is the second one this week for a laundry room. Must be that season.

It did smart, but now I know the pain level for torture when I visit N Korea :LOL:

Going to visit some friends to discuss woodworking mallets. So I made them each one of their own.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 4.56.19 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 4.56.19 PM.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 7
Very nice gift. I like the split tenon handles. Is that rosewood?

Thanks - The hammer heads are merbau with ash handles. Walnut wedges.

Merbau is supposedly oily. So I wiped down pieces with acetone before glue up and before applying oil finish.

A friend saw me using a mallet and wants to have a few beers while discussing mallets. I figured we could get together with another friend to discuss - and it's best if we each have our own mallet.

That is a great opportunity to get with friends and be able to have spent time with and have the same interests.

All you make these beautiful projects look so easy, but I know they aren't.

Bathroom window stained glass

We remodeled our master bath and didn't want to go back to curtains. The room is in the corner, so there are windows on two walls. We installed shutters from shutters.com and resurrected an old hobby to make 4 stained glass panels. The room is much brighter (in the daylight) and we still have privacy.
zI2BUiil.jpg

We remodeled our master bath and didn't want to go back to curtains. The room is in the corner, so there are windows on two walls. We installed shutters from shutters.com and resurrected an old hobby to make 4 stained glass panels. The room is much brighter (in the daylight) and we still have privacy.
zI2BUiil.jpg

That's beautiful. I love those colors. So bright and cheery!

zI2BUiil.jpg

Beautiful stained glass and lovely bath area

Beautiful! How did you mount the stained glass panels?

Thanks! Mounted with thin rods from Lowe's, soldered "picture hanger" rings in the frame, and rail rod holders from amazon. What's nice is no wires show and you can just lift the glass panels out to clean them or the window.

YviSLAHm.jpg

Thanks! Mounted with thin rods from Lowe's, soldered "picture hanger" rings in the frame, and rail rod holders from amazon. What's nice is no wires show and you can just lift the glass panels out to clean them or the window.

YviSLAHm.jpg

That is genius! Thanks for sharing.

YviSLAHm.jpg

Very nice & great design of functionality.

Back
Top Bottom