Withdrawal symptoms??

"Well, gosh, honey, right now I'm changing the belt on the vaccum cleaner, but then I'm going to reorganize the kitchen cabinets and improve my dishwasher dense-packing technique. Where would you like to start?"

Frank and I are going to retire at about the same time. I am pretty sure of the exact date when I will retire, but his date is a few months before or after my retirement date (depending on bonuses and incentives).

So, chances are that there will be a few months when one of us is retired, and the other isn't. I dread those months!! I think that would be more difficult to handle than both working or both retired. The retired one will probably be wondering why the working one ISN'T doing all the things you cite, and if so the working one will probably feel a little put upon.

Once we are both retired, I think we will both have plenty to do, both together and alone. But of course the proof is in the pudding and we shall see.

I disappear on Sundays. This is when DW gets this mean look on her mug and starts to clean the house mumbling under her breath what a slob I am.

When I get home, the martini glass is sitting there empty and she is snoring away. Can't understand what gets into the old gal.

Jug

Frank and I are going to retire at about the same time. I am pretty sure of the exact date when I will retire, but his date is a few months before or after my retirement date (depending on bonuses and incentives).

So, chances are that there will be a few months when one of us is retired, and the other isn't. I dread those months!! I think that would be more difficult to handle than both working or both retired. The retired one will probably be wondering why the working one ISN'T doing all the things you cite, and if so the working one will probably feel a little put upon.

Once we are both retired, I think we will both have plenty to do, both together and alone. But of course the proof is in the pudding and we shall see.

How would Frank or you know what the other is doing or not doing since you do not live together ? So I really can not see how this would be a problem unless you said "I spent the whole day playing Wii what did you do"?:D

How would Frank or you know what the other is doing or not doing since you do not live together ? So I really can not see how this would be a problem unless you said "I spent the whole day playing Wii what did you do"?:D

You're right! Not living together does minimize this type of problem tremendously. So maybe I am worried about nothing. :)

You're right! Not living together does minimize this type of problem tremendously. So maybe I am worried about nothing. :)

DW ER'ed several years ago and it has not been a problem for me at all. :)

A few months will soon pass then you can get on with your plans to move "up North".

"Well, gosh, honey, right now I'm changing the belt on the vaccum cleaner, but then I'm going to reorganize the kitchen cabinets and improve my dishwasher dense-packing technique. Where would you like to start?"

I'm not willing to discuss how I learned of this marital jiujitsu.
Marital jiujitsu...now that's funny! :D
Nords said:
Oh, and this is talk #11 from the "Retirement? You can't HANDLE retirement!!" guys at MyNextPhase.com...
My Next Phase - New Member Tips
Hmm, pretty good idea. Fortunately DH has his dude room and the garage set up for projects.

He's joined a motorcycle club and has already planned some trips. The other day he said, "Oh by the way, we'll probably have two or three guys from our area that will stay here overnight before we head out on a long trip." :flowers:

I think I'll need a dudette room. :blink:

We have separate areas in our house for when we want to be alone and it works out fine . Plus didn't God invent garages to keep our spouses out of our hair . I know there are a few forum members who live separately from their SO's and I 'm curious if retirement has any affect on their relationships .

.... I know there are a few forum members who live separately from their SO's and I 'm curious if retirement has any affect on their relationships .

SO and I get together in the evenings for dinner and TV. I do enjoy having my days to myself and other interests.

He's joined a motorcycle club and has already planned some trips. The other day he said, "Oh by the way, we'll probably have two or three guys from our area that will stay here overnight before we head out on a long trip." :flowers:
I think I'll need a dudette room. :blink:
Unless you enjoy running a locker room with an attached junk-food sports-bar buffet, I'd think you'll need reservations for yourself at a local spa/resort until they clear out...

Unless you enjoy running a locker room with an attached junk-food sports-bar buffet, I'd think you'll need reservations for yourself at a local spa/resort until they clear out...
Now that sounds like a great idea! I wonder how I should categorize this expense in my budget spreadsheet......

"Survival" perhaps? :duh:

Back
Top Bottom