Amazon Prime movie suggestions

Not sure if it's new on Prime but just watched 'The Forgiven', starring Forrest Whitaker and Eric Bana, pretty good movie. About Desmond Tutu and his work on reconciliation at the end of apartheid.

I just finished watching Good Omens and enjoyed it very much. It is only six episodes - perfect for bingeing. It's based on the 1990 book of the same name by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

I am not usually a fan of the fantasy/otherworldly genre (books or movies) at all, and had never even heard of the book or the authors until a few weeks ago, but David Tennant stars in the series - enough said! :popcorn: :D

The day the series was released on Amazon I reserved the book at my local library, and by the next day it had 16 holds placed on it. For once I beat the crowd. :dance:

I am reading the book now and enjoying it immensely. Gaiman wrote the series, and according to die-hard fans of the book, it is extremely faithful to the book.
Based on your review, I started Good Omens last night. Pretty funny and the cast is great. Takes religiosity to a new level. Only watched 1st episode, looking forward to the rest tonight.

Based on your review, I started Good Omens last night. Pretty funny and the cast is great. Takes religiosity to a new level. Only watched 1st episode, looking forward to the rest tonight.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the episodes too. :)

Another vote for the Night Manager and Foyle’s War. Jack Ryan was really good. Game of Thrones has never grabbed me.

Tried Outlander as well. At least for season one it’s essentially the same plot line over and over. Jaime’s in trouble. Jaime’s out of trouble. He and Claire have time together, ahh but now Jaime’s in trouble again. Rinse and repeat...

I decided to catch up on current Prime offerings and noticed a movie that I’d had no luck finding on a streaming channel before (for free).

It’s The Hours from 2002 starring Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore & Meryl Streep. There’s a strong presence of Virginia Woolf, in particular her novel Mrs. Dalloway.

I liked it when I saw it and put it on my list.

What We Do In The Shadows on Hulu. Documentary series following a group of vampires dealing with their lives (?) in America. The movies is on Amazon, but they want a couple bucks to see it. Life ain't easy for the undead.

Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience on Amazon Prime (free with commercials).
Terry Kath was an amazing guitarist known for his years playing with CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). Film was directed by his daughter, Michelle Kath.

Terry Kath was an amazing guitarist known for his years playing with CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). Film was directed by his daughter, Michelle Kath.

+1 if you are a chicago fan you will enjoy this doc. daughter was very young when he died and she was on a journey to learn more about her dad and to find a particular guitar of his. he was the real backbone of the group before his untimely death.

Eco Challenge - Fiji

So, you think you're tough? In shape? Physically fit for a challenge? This one had me crying. 66 teams from all over the world, 4 people on a team, 11 days in Fiji. Survivor and Alone are like Disney cartoons compared to this.

Eco Challenge - Fiji

So, you think you're tough? In shape? Physically fit for a challenge? This one had me crying. 66 teams from all over the world, 4 people on a team, 11 days in Fiji. Survivor and Alone are like Disney cartoons compared to this.

Heard it's made by Mark Burnett, who produces Survivor.

His involvement alone makes me inclined not to watch it.

The Amazing Race is coming back next month so looking forward to that.

iirc I put this elsewhere also but PRIMES Movie 4 Presidents: directed by Ken Del Vecchio really makes sense to me.
It's all about Money & Power in the .gov no matter the party affiliation.

Good luck & Best wishes!

"I See You".
A missing person mystery with a couple of jaw dropping plot twists. I pride myself on not getting fooled but this one got me. Features Oscar winner Helen Hunt and no one else you would recognize. In fact, I barely recognized Helen Hunt. She did not age well.

Another vote for the Night Manager and Foyle’s War. Jack Ryan was really good. Game of Thrones has never grabbed me.

Tried Outlander as well. At least for season one it’s essentially the same plot line over and over. Jaime’s in trouble. Jaime’s out of trouble. He and Claire have time together, ahh but now Jaime’s in trouble again. Rinse and repeat...

Game of Thrones TO US was the best TV series ever made, bar none. (Well, aside from the last season..but that's pretty widely agreed to..)

Outlander is our second favorite series. We're just now starting Season 4 (there are 5 total) on streaming.

Neither is on PRIME, though, that I know of..

We just watched Nicholas Cage in Knowing on Prime 2 weeks ago and that was pretty decent. Did Star Trek Insurrection on Prime this last weekend and while a good story, there were some really corny moments and the FX were like something out of a Saturday AM kid's show. Kinda surprising for a major SCI/FI motion pic like that..

Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is on Amazon Prime this month only. One of my favorite films, if you can follow the dream within a dream within a dream storyline.

Last edited:
Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is on Amazon Prime this month only. One of my favorite films, if you can follow the dream within a dream within a dream storyline.

I had a dream that I was back at work, reading the thread on ER.org titled "Dreams about Work".

It was like that, right? :LOL:

Thanks for this recommendation. We watched it last night. Learned a lot about the band, it was very interesting. Such great music!

.......Tried Outlander as well. At least for season one it’s essentially the same plot line over and over. Jaime’s in trouble. Jaime’s out of trouble. He and Claire have time together, ahh but now Jaime’s in trouble again. Rinse and repeat...
I watched 1 1/2 episodes and couldn't take the brutal violence, threat of brutal violence, rape and constant threat of rape. I can't imagine watching all the episodes. :(

The interesting concept of Outlander is that the lady is pushed back and forth through time and she can’t control it . But that seems to fade into a minor point in season 2. She should stash some good 1752 single malt Scotch in a cave, and sell it for a fortune in 1948.

And yes Jamie gets into too much trouble even for a Scotsman. His #1 enemy seems invulnerable and frankly is getting boring.

Oh, how I wished I had time for everything. These are those on my "Watch List" -- they are listed in order of being added to the list (and is not quite up-to-date.):

Netflix

The Kominsky Method
Dogs
Maniac
Spotlight
22 July
Apostle
Bodyguard
In Order of Disappearance
The Fall
Black Mirror
Broadchurch (S2E1)
Alias Grace
Dark
Julie & Julia
Lost in Space
Anon
The Innocents
Jessica Jones (Season 2)
Stranger Things (E2)
Travelers (E2)
Altered Carbon
Set It Up
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Sense 8
Better Call Saul
Santa Clarita Diet
Interview with the Vampire (Movie)
The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Recorded)
Crazyhead
Don’t Watch This
George Harrison: Living in the Material World (Movie)
Crashing
Sisters
Oh My Ghost
Dumplin
Bodyguard
Roma
Tidelands
Perfume
Our Planet (April 5)
Into the Forest
Sex Education
Murder Mountain
Close
Kingdom
Velvet Buzzsaw
The Umbrella Academy
Agatha and The Truth Of Murder
Wild Wild Country

HBO

Sally4Ever
Sharp Objects
Pharmacy
The Wired
Oceans 8

HULU

Taboo
Harrow
Into The Dark: Flesh & Blood
Into The Dark: The Body

Acorn

19-2 (Seasons 2 & 3)
Wire in the Blood
Injustice
No Offense (Season 3)
Vera (Wait for new season)
Line of Duty (Season 3)
Agatha Raisin (Wait for new season)
Run
Murphy’s Law
The Rebel
Newton’s Law
London Kills (After 2/25)

Prime

Homecoming
The Expanse
Absentia
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
American Horror Story
Corner Gas (2004-Most popular Canadian show ever)
Jack Ryan
You Were Never Really Here
The Love Witch
Dolores Claiborne
Raised By Wolves
The Handmaiden (Season 2)
Paranormal Activity
10 Cloverfield Lane
Dunkirk
Girls Trip
Florence Foster Jenkins
The Last Word
20th Century Women
Sicario
Star Trek: Beyond
Ex Machina
Mr. Hublot

Showtime

Midnight Sun
Mary Shelly

Bravo

Dirty John

Recorded

Agatha Christy
Alias Grace
The Alienist – 9
American Horror Story – 11
Black Mirror – 4
Burden of Truth – 5
Channel Zero – 18
Charmed – 8
Criminal Minds – 10
Detectives – 8
The Good Fight – 13
Good Girls – 5
Heartland
Legacies – 6
Lethal Weapon – 8
The Librarians – 11
Little Women
Lost in Space – 10
Marie’s Mind For Murder – 7
Marvel’s Jessica Jones – 13
Marvel’s The Defenders – 8
Mary Kills People – 6
A Million Little Things – 3
NCIS- 8
NCIS/LA – 11
Private Eyes – 21
The Resident – 13
Riverdale
Sabrina (See Netflix)
The Santa Clarita Diet – 20
Shameless – (Showtime)
The Sinner (USA)
Somewhere in Between – 16
Spring Tide – 9
Star Trek – 13
Station 19 – 15
Timeless – 8
True Detective – 8
Wataha – 6
Woman in White – 5

Music Videos (recorded)

Austin City Limits
American Masters
Backstage Pass
The Bee Gees
Bluegrass Underground
Brit Floyd
Ed Sullivan
Elton John
Garth Brooks
Great Performances
Julia Louis-Dreyfus
K.D. Lang
Living Legends
Music Voyager
NBC’s 90th
Rock, Rhythm & Doo Wop
Rock Legends – 5
Paul McCartney & Wings
The Rolling Stones

You listed "Bodyguard" twice. Are there two different movies/shows named "Bodyguard?"

You listed "Bodyguard" twice. Are there two different movies/shows named "Bodyguard?"

There are two:

Bodyguard, starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, 1992 (movie)
Bodyguard, starring Keeley Hawes and Richard Madden, 2018 (Brit limited series)

I don't know if the OP was referring to both of them or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom