Pellet Grill Recommendations?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am in the market for a new grill and after giving my MIL's pellet grill a test drive over the weekend, I now know that will be next one. Nonetheless, I was curious if the users here have experience with the different brands. I know Trieger was the original but since the patent has lapsed, many others have come to market. I am also cautious with online reviews, so wanted to get some additional opinions.

Thanks!

I have owned a few. My present one is a Green Mountain Grill. I have the Davy Crockett. Great grill and portable. But, the other models are very nice. Green Mountain support is second to none.
My prior grill was a Traeger.

Personally I think my Green Egg cooks with much more flavor. But you can only load it so much, so long cooks are out of the question.

Last edited:
I never heard of a pellet grill so I took a look. No recommendation but given this ad, I think these folks have great confidence. It was fun so I watched the the entire youtube

My DH recently got a Camp Chef Pro. We bought it online from Home Depot. Unfortunately, the first one he got did not work properly. Camp Chef customer service was great to work with. They diagnosed the problem quickly over the phone and sent the part that needed to be replaced. DH looked at it and decided he didn't want to deal with it. Home Depot came to our house and picked it up and delivered a new one (already assembled) back to our patio. DH really likes it, and it had several features that the Traeger did not have. For our trouble, Camp Chef sent us a really nice cookbook and 20 pounds of pellets. Home Depot refunded the $$$ for the first grill and took $50 off the second one.

There have been at least a couple of threads on this.

I have a Traeger. Works great for me. Have heard good things about the Green Mountain.

When you do a long smoke, I just don't have the patience to feed the fire every hour so this works for me. I can throw a huge rib roast, chicken or turkey on the grill and walk away. These are awesome for fish and you cannot go wrong.

No personal experience, since I'm completely happy with my BGE. But I have a number of friends who have bought Traegers and none of them has a complaint about them.

I lusted over a pellet grill, but decided to wed myself to a Pit Barrel Cooker. DW is okay with our new lifestyle. :dance::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom