Amazon Prime movie suggestions

We had to turn down the bass on our sub. The dialogue was quiet so I order to hear them speaking we had the volume up but every bass hit rattled the house. We took the sub from 70% to 30% and it was much more enjoyable.

Thanks, I will try to turn down the bass next time and see if it helps.

Have you noticed that the sound volume varied greatly, like in a movie theatre? We had to adjust the volume several times during the show. If we had the volume just right for the dialogue, the war scenes became way, WAY too loud. It got a bit annoying.

I did notice some variation in the sound level output between dialog scenes and fighting scenes but it wasn't so bad that I had to change the volume.

I also enjoyed The Tomorrow War and thought Chris Pratt was an interesting choice for an action hero movie. Thought it was great that such a big spectacle movie came straight to Amazon Prime.

You must only know Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec. He’s also had action roles in Jurassic World and the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise.

I enjoyed The Tomorrow War.

Last night I watched “The Tomorrow War”, which is showing right now on Amazon Prime. A big budget SciFi alien invasion with lots of special effects.

We watched "The Honest Thief" with Liam Neeson last night. Good story line and more of a traditional movie without all the woke nonsense and Hollywood preaching. Two thumbs up. We actually had to look up when it was made and were surprised to see 2020 vs something like 1995..

I’m watching When The World Breaks, a documentary about the Great Depression with video and interviews with people who lived through it. It’s an IMDb thing with ads but I don’t mind those. Very interesting.

Watched 'The Tender Bar' the other night, starring Ben Affleck, directed by George Clooney, good movie.

I came across a docuseries on Prime that I’d seen before (on Hulu, I think). It’s called The First World War and combines interesting contemporary and vintage video from WWI.

I appreciated hearing and seeing some background of how world events unfolded into what we are still seeing today. The series is divided into 10 parts. It’s on Prime through Freevee so no extra cost/subscription needed.

[ADDED] There was another more recent series called The Great War with the same focus but I preferred this because it takes a more global perspective.

Last edited:
Is this movie only available with sub titles in English?

When I watched it I believe they also offered an English soundtrack option, I prefer the sub-titles when the original is non-English, it was a good movie.

Last edited:
I read the book last month. I will have to watch the movie.

We watched "The Honest Thief" with Liam Neeson last night. Good story line and more of a traditional movie without all the woke nonsense and Hollywood preaching. Two thumbs up. We actually had to look up when it was made and were surprised to see 2020 vs something like 1995..

"... woke nonsense," huh?

IMDB rating is 6.0.

I started looking through this thread because I have Amazon prime. Everything is an additional charge. I just tried Ex machina, Treme, Deadwood and Six Feet Under all from the 1st few posts. What a disappointment.

I started looking through this thread because I have Amazon prime. Everything is an additional charge. I just tried Ex machina, Treme, Deadwood and Six Feet Under all from the 1st few posts. What a disappointment.

In the Prime Video app there is a little switch to show only content that is free to Prime members.

In the Prime Video app there is a little switch to show only content that is free to Prime members.
Well I'm looking through this thread for ideas - I don't want to just watch stuff w/o a recommendation (add Fortitude, Worwicker trilogy, falling skys, and Vera as unavailable).

Last edited:

This thread was started 6 years ago, so films that were available on Prime back then may well not be available now. You'll have more luck looking at more recent posts.

Back
Top Bottom