Anyone disappointed with Enpower/Person Capital?

Wupot2020

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have been using Enpower/PC for several years. In the last few months, it’s been disappointing. It’s a free app but I don’t know if it provides a lot of value due to a few issues. Most of the problems is miscoding of credit card transactions…grocery store transactions which were coded correctly for years now show as “medical”, Amazon transactions occasionally get coded as “gifts”, and Target transactions also get occasionally miscoded. I manually fix these but I shouldn’t have to. The transaction details for my HSA card have not been showing since November. I put in a service ticket on this issue and it’s still being worked on (since November). Not sure if I should start looking for something else to help me track NW. anybody else notice something similar?

Yes, Empower Personal Dashboard has gone downhill in the last year or so. One time I coded a Costco reward as "rewards". Now everything from Costco and Costco Gas shows up as rewards and I have to manually change it to groceries or gas. A support ticket did no good.

They also lost connection to my Lowe's Pro CC and only retrieve the total account value from my main checking account - no transactions since last August. Support tix go round and round with no resolution.

When it was working the cash flow tracking was great. No, not so much.

Same issues for me so I moved on. Too many coding errors and they stopped coding Fidelity dividends completly. Was good for awhile and price was right but not usful anymore for me

Their monte carlo financial planning simulator thing went from historical to "predictions" by their FAs based on interest rates, tea leaves, etc. in the last month or so. Lame.

I spent way too much time trying to code transactions. Trying the old spreadsheet route but that’s pretty annoying too.

I’m amazed that people using the free dashboard expect some kind of customer service. The free service was always a marketing funnel to their paid AUM. They can see all of your net worth, so they know exactly whom to market what to.

Back
Top Bottom