NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am not a big fan of either the Chiefs or Ravens, I was surprised the Ravens fell on their butt during this game. I thought it would be a higher scoring game and Jackson would have done more.
The Chiefs defense stopped that from happening.

Jackson threw 20 of 37 for 272 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception

Quarterback rating 75.5

And this was on Baltimore's home turf.

The 49ers must be frightened looking ahead to the Super Bowl.

Forty-Whiners opened as 2 point favorites in Las Vegas. The line settled at 1.5 so they expect a close one.

I really hated Brady and Manning for a lot of years but always respected their play. I don’t recall the same level of vitriol towards them that I see with Mahomes. The Chiefs were a middling to almost good team for a long time. So I’ll just enjoy this while it lasts.

Oh, and it’s looking like I’ll get my wish of a Lions rematch.

Manning was popular everywhere it seems. Peyton that is. Here in the Philly area there was plenty of hate for Brady and his practice taping, football deflating ways! lol! I heard the same from Pittsburgh area folks. And some North Jersey fans as well. But the Giants beat him twice so they were ok with it.

Once we beat him and saw how much the loss irked him, it all became better here too.

While we are talking crazy plays, how about Lamar Jackson completing a pass to himself and picking up the first down? CRAZY!:facepalm:

Yeah, that was cool. I had seen that before... Brady perhaps?... but not ever for a 12 yard gain.

I googled it and there’s a clip showing 3-4 times QB to QB plays happened. One was Mahomes which is kind of funny. Lamar’s was more photogenic for sure. There were a bunch of wtf plays (well that’s fun) in each game.

Could be a great SB, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Hey F.I.R.E. user, what’s the bet? BBQ for :confused:

Nick Foles (former Eagles quarterback) caught a pass for a touchdown in a Super Bowl, but he didn't throw it.

^^^ I remember that. Nice trick play. Going from memory I think Brady was once thrown a pass in a Super Bowl but failed to catch it. I remember thinking OMG his kids must be so embarassed.

Last edited:
I can’t believe KC found a way to win, after not having the lead at any time before the game winning play in OT. Mahomes is amazing, along with many others. Too bad there can’t be two winners, SF played better until the last KC drive.

Yeh-hah! The Chiefs took care of business again but was a little tougher than expected.

Yep, a good game. I was totally wrong how the score ended up. I actually thought KC would win by a couple TD's.

Mahomes is something. Never thought Brady would be goat threatened. But it’s certainly possible at this point.

49ers are pretty much guaranteed to be in the NFC Championship game again the way their roster is. Stacked everywhere. This is the year they will win it all.

I seem to remember you making those same claims last year. How did that work out for you? ��

Bosa is now the biggest DE paid ever. 49ers are definitely winning the Super Bowl this year.

It’s safe to say the 49ers are on pace to win the Super Bowl. Purdy is HIM. Biggest underdog story in the history of pro sports.

49ers are #1. Purdy is in line for MVP.

49ers dynasty begins this year.

49ers will win it all.

The usual Cowboys out in playoffs.

49ers will win in a rout vs the Packers.

I’ve been telling you all that 49ers will go all the way. Look where they are now. They are a NFC dynasty already.

Close.... but no cigar. It was a great Super Bowl... I would rank it second to the Patriots OT comeback over the Falcons.

49ers are obviously great team. McCaffery is a stud.

But not yet a dynasty... any dynasty talk before they have won a Super Bowl or two in the last 5 years is foolishness.

You had the dynasty call right, it is just that you had the wrong team. Congratulations to the Chiefs on a great season and two Super Bowls in a row and definitely a dynasty.

Last edited:
Being a life-long Chiefs fan was hard for about 50 years, but I sure have been enjoying it lately! The way they were looking towards the end of the regular season, I didn't think they had much of a chance, but the defense and Mahomes did their thing. Let's try for a three-peat next year!

It was a great game. The Chiefs D kept them in the game and of course Mahomes did his thing down the stretch. Kind of feel sorry for the 49ers as they played better for most of the game.

Chiefs by less than 7 points for the winner. Niners did outplay them until the end.
Maybe Taylor Swift did have something to do with it.:facepalm:

One of my friends father was the first QB drafted by the Houston Oilers . His father played with the Oilers , was loaned to the Broncos but finished his career as a Chief as Len Dawsons backup . My friend says the Hunt family past and present are nothing but first class.

New NFL Rule allows both teams one OT possession.

Other than the lame excuse Romo said of “needing to rest your defense”, why would you win the toss and take the ball 1st?

In college, you win and play defense first, so you know what you need to do to win.

Why in the world would you Win the Toss, and give Mahomes the ball last ?

Great game. Just got back from a Super Bowl party with a dozen friends. We would only rush out of the room for food & snacks during commercials and halftime, then rush back in when the game started. No one left the room from the middle of the 4th quarter.

Congrats to the Chiefs! While I was rooting in my heart for Purdy, as it would have been the higlight of a great story, the Chiefs are just such a good all around team when the games mean something, so the outcome was not surprising. And Mahomes... I see their offense very similar to the some of the years of the Patriot Brady Dynasty. After KC trade Tyreek Hill, a lot of folks questioned if Mahomes would be as good without a top receiver. He has done it with a great tight end, but really "no-name" receivers since then. This year they had a lot of drops that cost them at least 2 games... but at crunch time thy came through.

49ers fan here since 1989 from the Bay. Yeah, this one hurts. Worst feeling when you lose a Super Bowl but it’s really hard to get there. You never know when you will get your next shot. Congrats to K.C. Their defense won the game. 49ers do have their QB. He is only 23.

New NFL Rule allows both teams one OT possession.

Other than the lame excuse Romo said of “needing to rest your defense”, why would you win the toss and take the ball 1st?

In college, you win and play defense first, so you know what you need to do to win.

Why in the world would you Win the Toss, and give Mahomes the ball last ?

Never mind.

Just heard Shanahan say it was a close call, but because they’d get the ball THIRD, when it would be sudden death (unlike NCAA), tipped it that way.

49ers are so soft. They couldn't stop the Chiefs when they needed to. The Chiefs went up and down the field the entire 2nd half, OT. The 49ers folded badly. They'll never win. Fred Warner is the only legit player they have on defense.

FG kickers put on an impressive show.
But that missed PAT was the difference!

Mahomes making a case as the GOAT -yes, better than Brady, who enjoyed outstanding pass protection and surrounded by loads of talent.
Some will want to debate, but Mahomes is way ahead of Brady in post-season win percentage (15-3 vs 35-13), only 28yrs old, and will keep winning.

Not even a Chiefs fan -JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom