Paul Newman Dead! Favortite Movie?

My favorite is "The Hustler" (part of that is because I also loved Jackie Gleason in it, and George C. Scott is always bankable as well).

Other older ones worth seeing (well, I liked them) are the southern gothic Tennessee Williams melodramas: "Sweet Bird of Youth" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". He directed a more recent "Glass Menagerie". I have not seen that, but he obviously has some affinity for that writer.

What a class act Paul Newman was.

My favourite movie is The Verdict.

So Pat says, he says, "They got this new bar... and you go inside and for half a buck you get a beer, a free lunch and they take you in the back room - they get you laid... Mike says, "Now wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Do you mean to say there's a new bar and you go inside and for a half a buck they give you a beer, a free lunch and they take you in the back room and they get you laid?" Pat says, "That's right." "Have you ever been in the bar?" And he says, "No, but me sister has."

Attachments

• Hansons45c.jpg
    Hansons45c.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 6
1. Cool Hand Luke
2. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Deciding was a close call, probably should have called it a tie..

I adored Paul Newman. When I heard his voice and saw his eyes...it didn't matter which movie he was in...I loved them all.

I adored Paul Newman. When I heard his voice and saw his eyes...it didn't matter which movie he was in...I loved them all.

Supposedly a quote of his:
My epitaph should read:
"PAUL NEWMAN: ONCE A GREAT ACTOR UNTIL ONE DAY HIS EYES TURNED BROWN."

Back
Top Bottom