This weather is awful - 2024 to ?

It's snowing here right now - but I didn't have to go out today! I savored my non-commute.

(Ok, other than under the patio cover to keep the doggo company.)

It's a cold 48F outside here this morning, brrr! But at least the cold winds have died down a bit and no rain is predicted. Still, I'm very glad that I'm not riding a float in one of the parades today. We will be staying home all day.

Mild snow this morning. With all the rain last light, it was just a coating that is already melting. SO we will head to the gym to get some swimming in, it should not be crowded there today.

Just left Durango Co. We were on a photography trip up in the mountains. Some older folks got stuck in waist deep snow. Couldn't move their feet to get out. They had to be shoveled out.

Last edited:
35 F this morning at 6:00 AM. Now it's 60 F at noon. Sunny and bright, no wind. Just like California weather!:D

We were at 38 this morning and now 49 and sunny.
Not awful weather, at least today:cool:

We had 39 this morning, and now it's 45 and mostly sunny. A mild winter so far, and the weeds and moss are loving it!

SW PA, woke up to a smidge over 6" of snow. 22F. Some flurries are floating down. No wind. Looks like the town's plows cleared the roads. Off to Pittsburgh in a few hours for some Blues dancing.

Last edited:
Well, we were supposed to get some snow, and while "technically" it did snow, the pavement was only wet and we had maybe an inch and a half of heavy wet snow on the grass, half of which is now melted. So much for the 4 to six inches of snow were were promised.

^^^^
Almost the same here... Maybe 3 degrees cooler now and forecast for tonight.

27 degrees here in new jersey where we are with the grandkids . but it’s windy with a wind chill of 18

No measurable rain in a week. None in the forecast for the next two weeks. Perfect timing! (sarcasm off) The main water supply for our city (close to 100,000 residents) was shut off on Monday in order to start repairs/upgrades ELEVEN days from now, and the work is supposed to end in early April (potentially mid-April). This represents 62.5% of our city's water capacity.

As such, NO OUTDOOR WATERING here in our part of Central Texas as we head toward spring. None. No sprinklers, no drip irrigation, no hand watering (hose, bucket, etc.). A lot of plants in the neighborhood that were fried in the cold storm back in mid-January are going to have little opportunity to recover without any rain.

And even when the water system is back online, we will still be restricted to outdoor watering once a week (a day assigned by the city based on home address). The continued drought here is making it difficult to maintain our landscape, and I've grown tired of it. It was bad enough having to deal with droughts and water restrictions back in Silicon Valley, but this is worse.

Last edited:
Cool, rainy, windy day. Wind gusts up to 50mph, so far keeping the power.

Again this morning, I had to warm the bathroom with the hair dryer. SO cold for us (like 62) when I woke up. Our windows slow down the wind a bit, but not all that much. With every window shut in the apartment, there's still a breeze through it when the trades are blowing at 25 to 30. Brrrrrrr. I think I'll break out the comforter tonight (socks to bed for sure!)

33 F this morning when I was walking the dog in the dark. It's going up to 65 F this afternoon and will be in the 80's later this week.

I proclaim winter is over in Texas!:cool:

It's 60 F here in New Orleans this morning, with brightly sunny blue skies and no rain or wind.

This type of weather seems to put everyone in a good mood. :D :greetings10:

I had a trip planned to San Luis Obispo for Sunday through Friday. Thursday I checked the weather and the forecast said tons of rain, wind and possibly flooding and mudslides. Plus it probably wouldn’t be possible to get over the mountains because they were getting 2 big snowstorms. So canceled my reservations and stayed home where it’s sunny in the 50’s.

I had a trip planned to San Luis Obispo for Sunday through Friday. Thursday I checked the weather and the forecast said tons of rain, wind and possibly flooding and mudslides. Plus it probably wouldn’t be possible to get over the mountains because they were getting 2 big snowstorms. So canceled my reservations and stayed home where it’s sunny in the 50’s.

Yeah, the weather news channel has been featuring the California rains. It seems California is either feast or famine when it comes to water. At least the reservoirs should get filled up. I hope there are no subsequent wild fires in the hills this summer due to all the vegetation now soaking up all the rain.

Heavy rain today, but that's OK, we need it.
It's just a pain to have to dry the dog off every time he comes in! I have tons of old towels by the back door.

There's some crazy weather coming across the Upper Midwest. Today was 70. Overnight low is 14 with snow predicted. Tomorrow high of 25.

70 degrees for a high today. Before the sun rises Wednesday we will have fresh snow on the ground and wind chills in the single digits.

Back
Top Bottom