What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Wheel of Time series. Big fan of the books and so far the series has been good adaption.

Same. Even with the changes from the books, I’m excited for it. Episode 4 was the best so far imo
Hate the weekly releases though.

I can’t wait till they come up with a service that has all these streaming providers and channels with one company where you can pay a monthly fee to get them all or a select few that you want.
They might even use a box or something to help facilitate this into your house :facepalm:

It's a bit over the top, and DH said it wasn't his cup of tea, but I could tell that the show was very well made. Evidently, the same person who did the music for the anime is doing the music for this as well, and that also helped in keeping the similar vibe.

Yes, Yoko Kanno, and the music is excellent. We went to an anime convention (Otakon) a few years ago just to see her perform.

Started watching "Rake" (the Australian version) that is on NetFlix (for now), Acorn and Amazon Prime. Quite entertaining, I must say.

Rake is an Australian television program, produced by Essential Media and Entertainment, that first aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's ABC1 in 2010. It stars Richard Roxburgh as rake Cleaver Greene, a brilliant but self-destructive Sydney barrister, defending a usually guilty client.

Oh and +1 on Murders in the Building. Great show and very happy there will be a second season.

Just Finished Thin Ice, a good Swedish tale about greed and deception.

Started Y - The Last Man Series 1, very watchable.

Just watched Dalgliesh on Acorn TV Via Amazon. Inspector investigating complex crimes in 1970s England.
It’s a 2021 release with 8 episodes.

We watched the first season of Traces (Scottish forensic student murder mystery) that was suggested earlier. We both liked it a lot.

I've watched the first two episodes of Injustice and I'm hooked. The Brits really know how to make a good mystery.

Its not on any streaming service I subscribe to, so I put a hold on the DVD disks from the public library.

Started watching "Rake" (the Australian version) that is on NetFlix (for now), Acorn and Amazon Prime. Quite entertaining, I must say.

Gave the first two episodes a shot. Love the legal conundrums, the courtroom strategies and maneuvers. The personal life of the main character (defense lawyer)? Not so much. The guy's life is a mess. Lots of unnecessary nudity and sex scenes. Too much coverage of his personal life, not enough courtroom action.

All that said, I will keep watching, at least for a while.

Gave the first two episodes a shot. Love the legal conundrums, the courtroom strategies and maneuvers. The personal life of the main character (defense lawyer)? Not so much. The guy's life is a mess. Lots of unnecessary nudity and sex scenes. Too much coverage of his personal life, not enough courtroom action.

There seems to be some rule regarding police and mystery shows where the cops and lawyers need to have thoroughly disfunctional personal lives. The only ongoing exception is Midsommer Murders where the DCI has a loving spouse, nice kids, good friends, etc.

There seems to be some rule regarding police and mystery shows where the cops and lawyers need to have thoroughly disfunctional personal lives.

I suppose this is meant to be irony--the people that are supposed to right societies wrongs, and mete out justice are themselves a basket case. Hey writers, we get it, and it was clever perhaps 30 years ago, but it's now a cliche.

My favorite TV police show of all time was Barney Miller. I’ve always believed it was, and still is, closer to real life than any police show since.

Started watching For All Mankind, and if you like Apollo era space race stories, it's fun. I'm three episodes in and interested in seeing where it goes. :)

I've watched the first two episodes of Injustice and I'm hooked. The Brits really know how to make a good mystery.

Its not on any streaming service I subscribe to, so I put a hold on the DVD disks from the public library.

I found it on our video club in the UK. The lifetime subscription came free with our Hardware Media Player, but you cannot get it anymore. So DVD probably is the only source.

I was very excited to see a trailer for the upcoming Joe Pickett tv series. It’s based on one of my favorite book series from CJ Box. Apparently it starts on Spectrum TV December 6th. Now, the problem. While I got what feels like a million streaming services, I don’t have Spectrum. Had same issue with new Beatles documentary I was hoping to watch. Turns out it’s exclusive to Disney+. I guess having HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Apple TV isn’t enough.

I’m sure gonna try to figure out how to get Spectrum to see this new series. If anyone else watches it, I’d love to hear thoughts.

Binge Watching The Tower, British Police Drama. Easy watch as it is a 3 part mini series. We think it is pretty good. On Britbox ..... I think.

just finished 'Manhunt on Acorn. i thought S1 could've used 1 and possibly 2-additional episodes but S2 was perfect!

Binge Watching The Tower, British Police Drama. Easy watch as it is a 3 part mini series. We think it is pretty good. On Britbox ..... I think.

I just checked this out - the trailer is gripping.

Jimmy Akingbola was/is very good in Kate and Koji. It will be interesting to see him in a dramatic role. Gemma Whelan was excellent in The Moorside a few years ago.

I have added it to my long list of Brit detective series to watch.

I'm looking forward to "Reacher". I hope they do it like Bosch and base each season on one of the books. And thankfully, the new Reacher is actually taller than little Tommy Cruise.

My favorite TV police show of all time was Barney Miller. I’ve always believed it was, and still is, closer to real life than any police show since.

My dad's best friend was a detective in an urban station in the 70s. He loved Barney Miller and agrees with you.

Midnight Mass on Netflix. This is one creepy limited series.

Just finished You on Netflix. 3-season series about a psychopathic guy who will do anything for love. Kept us interested and would recommend.
Now on to S4 of Yellowstone.

I'm looking forward to "Reacher". I hope they do it like Bosch and base each season on one of the books. And thankfully, the new Reacher is actually taller than little Tommy Cruise.
Having read all the books I'm also looking forward to "Reacher" on Amazon Prime. It's fantastic that they cast an actor with the physical size as the character in the book but the guy seems way too young, at least if the books are the reference point.

Back
Top Bottom