Favorite movie about Business

Is Mr. Mom a business movie?
Layoff dynamics. The job search. Sucking up to your spouses boss.
Intimidation?

"220, 221 whatever it takes"

Free

How about Lost in America? It's about a couple of people feed up with their jobs who retire early. Things, however, just don't go as planned!

Here's the trailer. It came out in 1985 and stars Al Brooks.

YouTube - Lost in America TV Trailer

My favorite business movie would likely not usually be considered a movie about business. It's Barcelona,#2 in Whit Stillman's trilogy of Metroplolitan, Barcelona and Last Days of Disco.

Probably Stilman would not be everyone's cup of tea, but I laugh my head off whenever I watch this, and I have watched it about 5 times.

Highlights include earnest references to Dr. Norman Vincent Peale and Peter Drucker.

Ha

How about Lost in America? It's about a couple of people feed up with their jobs who retire early. Things, however, just don't go as planned!
I’ll have to put “Lost in America” on my list. I loved Julie Hagerty as Faye in “What About Bob” which also works as a work movie: how to get rid of the client/patient from hell. Things also didn't go as planned.

I’ll have to put “Lost in America” on my list. I loved Julie Hagerty as Faye in “What About Bob” which also works as a work movie: how to get rid of the client/patient from hell. Things also didn't go as planned.

Glad you and Khan like this movie too. Lost in America is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen and would highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it. Even so, I have to say I agree with the OP regarding Glengarry Glen Ross. Everyone was wonderful in it, particularly Jack Lemmon. I'm a big fan of Jack's and think this might have been his finest work. His portrail of Shelley Levine was simply amazing.

Here's one quote that always comes to my mind when thinking of Glengarry Glen Ross:

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

Back
Top Bottom