Is it possible to connect your TV to your Wi-fi network?

Can't help with the problem on your specific TV and I assume you've checked the manual for how to update the app store but others have ran into issues with apps being buggy or simply not available for their smart TV brand or model.
The easiest way to get up and running is to buy a Roku Express 4K streaming player at Walmart for $29 with voice control and plug it into the HDMI port of your TV and use it instead for your streaming. You'll be watching in minutes and there is no monthly fee, just the initial cost of the device. I think I posted a video previously about how to set it up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Exp...-Controls/217956994?athbdg=L1103&from=/search

I would like to see this $150 smart TV that is available to purchase and can do all the things a $50 streaming stick can do.

I just went to Best Buy’s site and stopped counting at 15 the number of smart TV sets that are at or below $150.

Can't help with the problem on your specific TV and I assume you've checked the manual for how to update the app store but others have ran into issues with apps being buggy or simply not available for their smart TV brand or model.
The easiest way to get up and running is to buy a Roku Express 4K streaming player at Walmart for $29 with voice control and plug it into the HDMI port of your TV and use it instead for your streaming. You'll be watching in minutes and there is no monthly fee, just the initial cost of the device. I think I posted a video previously about how to set it up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Exp...-Controls/217956994?athbdg=L1103&from=/search

I recommend the Roku 4K Streaming Stick instead of the Express 4K because the 4K Streaming Stick has these features that the Express 4K does not:

* Dolbyvision (Paramount Plus has a lot of Dolbyvision content)

* Enhanced long range WiFi circuitry

* Fast Channel Launch--loads your most heavily viewed channels faster

* Plugs into your TV's HDMI port (it's hidden from view), whereas the Express is a base unit that you set next to the TV and connect with an HDMI cable.

Yes, the Streaming Stick 4K costs $10 more, but I think the better WiFi alone is worth it. The Dolbyvision capability gives a fantastic picture (your TV must have Dolbyvision capability for it to work).

Both units are on sale now. Roku Express 4K is $29.95 and Roku Streaming Stick 4K is $39,95.

I just went to Best Buy’s site and stopped counting at 15 the number of smart TV sets that are at or below $150.

Do these $150 smart TV's have 4K resolution? How about screens bigger than 32"? Do they have Dolbyvision? Do they have all the apps available that you can get on Roku or Firestick? How about voice control remote controls? Do they have an app you can download to your phone and use your phone as a remote control or to type in login credentials?

etc. etc.

Do these $150 smart TV's have 4K resolution? How about screens bigger than 32"? Do they have Dolbyvision? Do they have all the apps available that you can get on Roku or Firestick? How about voice control remote controls? Do they have an app you can download to your phone and use your phone as a remote control or to type in login credentials?

etc. etc.

I am looking for a secondary TV for a den. They will be fine. I want a TV not some geeked out box.

I am looking for a secondary TV for a den. They will be fine. I want a TV not some geeked out box.

OK, but these $150 TV's cannot do the things a $50 streaming stick can do, which is what we were discussing.

Besides, I thought since you had said this in another thread you didn't seem like a $150 TV kind of person:

COcheesehead said:
I have advocated on here for people to keep up with technology as we age or be left behind when we need it most. You can’t stop change.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/is-print-dead-or-at-least-dying-118162.html#post2941356

etc. etc.
I got a $150 TCL Roku TV for my bedroom last Black Friday and I don't need DolbyVision or a Voice Control remote but it has everything else that I need and I'm very happy with it.
Having said that, I'd be just as happy with a Roku streaming device if I didn't want to spend the extra fro a TV. I got my first Roku device back in 2013 and they've been just perfect. Got my first TCL Roku TV I think in 2018 then my second one in 2022 and still have Roku Express streamers on all the other TV's.

I have successfully connected my Samsung TV to my Wi-Fi, partly thanks to the advice from this forum.

I hit a snag, however, when trying to connect my Samsung with the Paramount+ network. I watched a video on YouTube, regarding how to do this, but when I attempted this, using the TV remote, Samsung presented me with about 2 dozen services except Paramount+. I went to the Paramount+ website, on my PC, but it seems I can download that service only to my PC, not to my TV set.
Finally, I went to this Samsung website, but the "Compatible Devices" and "Support" links don't work!

https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app.do?appId=G17292010383#

Does anyone here have a suggestion as to what to do next?

Thanks as always,

Roy in New Mexico
Roy, I had the same issue. I have a 10 year old Samsung Smart TV and it is not capable of installing all of the new apps that are available. I bought a Amazon Fire stick and can now use any app that I want.

Also as some have pointed out, the wireless network interface on some smart TV's can be slow & laggy. The streaming sticks like the Amazon Fire stick or ROKU have extremely fast Wifi connection speeds. I would purchase a streaming stick and not mess around with the preloaded apps on your Samsung TV.

Back
Top Bottom