onychorrhexis: verticle ridge in finger nail

lazygood4nothinbum

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
i've got a barely perceptible but annoying to me (only since i've realized it is there) verticle ridge in the nail on the middle finger of my right hand. it will probably ruin my chance of ever getting another date.

according to the mayo clinic it is likely does not indicate a serious problem.

according to the cleveland clinic it could indicate arthitis which i do have in my hands and feet.

i used to have such beautiful hands that i actually have had people comment on them a few times. but then my fingers started getting gnarly with arthritis and now, yikes, a ridge. again, this all goes under the topic of getting old sucks.

I've had one of those in my left thumb for years, figured I had banged my hand and damaged the nail bed at some time. Since there is no indication of disease, and I like my explanation better than the old age one, I'm sticking with my own interpretation on this one. :LOL:

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i've got a barely perceptible but annoying to me (only since i've realized it is there) verticle ridge in the nail on the middle finger of my right hand. it will probably ruin my chance of ever getting another date.

Kvetch. ;)

crazy connie said:
getting old sucks

I agree... but it sure beats the option!!!

i'm not yet convinced. i'll let ya know.

Sandy said:
I've had one of those in my left thumb for years, figured I had banged my hand and damaged the nail bed at some time. Since there is no indication of disease, and I like my explanation better than the old age one, I'm sticking with my own interpretation on this one. :LOL:

years ago while walking sands the wolf puppy along the newly renovated hollywood beach (fl) downtown district two rather large women stopped me to say hi to sands. he had some grey hair on his chin but he was still pretty young. i also have been grey since my 30s. they asked if sands was an old dog so i said, no, that we were both prematurely grey. she looked at herself and at her friend. turned back to me and replied, that's ok, we're both prematurely overweight.

Rich_in_Tampa said:

yup, you got me pegged.

HFWR said:
Nail polish... 8)

hey, i'm not that gay.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
hey, i'm not that gay.

:LOL: :LOL:

Btw, I have those ridges in most of my finger and toe nails... Only wear nail polish on the weekends... ;)

So that's what it's called. I got it on my left big toe and it just showed up on my left thumb a month or two ago. I always thought it was going to go away someday.

I have those dang ridges too, had them most of my life. They seem to have become more pronounced in the past few years, probably has something to do with menopause. I've never found anything that stops them.

I was born with several ridges on my left thumb. not a biggie except that i get hangnails on that finger a LOT and they sometimes faze manicurists (though I haven';t had a manicure in at least a decade, so... *shrug*)

Back
Top Bottom